shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this 0.5ct OEC

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Spotted this 0.57ct OEC earlier I'm not really experienced when it comes to OECs so I was hoping the experts could chime in & offer their opinions...
stats;

Weight:- 0.57 carat

Colour:- "K"

Clarity:- SI-1

Width:- 4.91 to 5.04mm approx

Depth:- 3.37mm

67.7% Total Depth

Screenshot_20190904_005315.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spotted this 0.57ct OEC earlier I'm not really experienced when it comes to OECs so I was hoping the experts could chime in & offer their opinions...
stats;

67.7% Total Depth

I am no expert :) but I think it looks pretty - flowery and slightly wonky enough to have character :)

Can you get an ASETscope image for it?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’ll look pretty lifeless under the table faceup. It’ll likely keep looking pretty lifeless until tilted significantly (from faceup), at which point only whatever main(s) happen to now be “faceup” will scintillate.

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It’ll look pretty lifeless under the table faceup. It’ll likely keep looking pretty lifeless until tilted significantly (from faceup), at which point only whatever main(s) happen to now be “faceup” will scintillate.

Thanks for the info - While your here what are your thoughts on this one?

Weight:- 0.74 carat

Colour:- "L-M"

Width:-5.60mm - 5.67mm

Depth:- 3.54mm - 62.8% Total Depth

Screenshot_20190908_121848.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Better in terms of evenness of face-up brightness and contrast across the diameter of the stone...

1. What’s going on at the culet? That dark grey ring around that facet - whatever it is is reflected throughout the stone in the kozibe. Is the stone chipped? If it’s hugely worn facet meets - why there and nowhere else?

2. Is it eyeclean to your requirements, whatever they may be?

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Better in terms of evenness of face-up brightness and contrast across the diameter of the stone...

1. What’s going on at the culet? That dark grey ring around that facet - whatever it is is reflected throughout the stone in the kozibe. Is the stone chipped? If it’s hugely worn facet meets - why there and nowhere else?

2. Is it eyeclean to your requirements, whatever they may be?

I'm totally unexperienced in OECs lol I am interested in seeing the Kozbie effect & this stone to me looked pleasing but I'm a total layman when it comes to antique cuts

I do see what you mean about the Culet though, I think it has a few girdle nibbles but nothing major is disclosed -

To me it's Eye-Clean I can't really see anything that would stand out to me, It's listed at $1500 too much?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’ve never seen an old cut I didn’t like!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Can anyone please comment on this diamond? The seller says it’s eye clean and sparkly but this is the only photo. Thanks! 001C46C8-FFAB-4C9B-8124-1D933BB5B296.jpeg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
stats;

67.7% Total Depth

I'm assuming you passed on this one. If you happen to know whether it's still available could you share the name of the seller? Thanks!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I'm assuming you passed on this one. If you happen to know whether it's still available could you share the name of the seller? Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing! What do you think of the one I just posted? Any good?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking the same thing! What do you think of the one I just posted? Any good?

What I love about the stone from that picture is the appearance of edge-to-edge brightness! Just gorgeous. But even though I'm far from eagle eyed, I'd insist on more pics - even if it's a great price.

I'm trying to find a match for a 5mm(ish) OMC and as usual, most online sellers are beyond my budget
:)

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
A big culet and small table With good depth (>65) produces the kozibe. I am a kozibe fan! The first one looks ok, #two too big table, imo. 3rd one no culet, not my cup of tea.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results