shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on super ideal cut moissanites: AV/Distinctive vs MoCo AGS 000?

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

I am looking for a stand in for my engagement ring to wear for honeymoon and everyday. Let me start by saying that I have been so ruined and spoiled by HPD superideal diamonds and so far nothing else can compare.

I recently found out about this "super ideal" moissy and at least from the videos they look pretty good. But of course the vids are taken until the brightness of a 1000 suns so its a bit hard to tell how they will perform in real life.

I was wondering if anyone had some experience comparing the brilliance, depth and light return on your these two moissy brands AV/Distinctive and MoCo AGS000. Do they live up to their hype and how to they compare to your superideal diamonds?

Thank you so much for your help! I read some old posts and got some good information, but like a good pricescoper I need MORE! Pics if you can so I can drool over your beautiful jewelry.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ones from AV are stunning. Yes, they live up to the hype IMHO and are still the most diamond like moissy I've ever seen. Cant compare to the MoCo 000 ones because I haven't seen any IRL

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
The ones from AV are stunning. Yes, they live up to the hype IMHO and are still the most diamond like moissy I've ever seen. Cant compare to the MoCo 000 ones because I haven't seen any IRL

Thank you so much lovedogs! I know you have a lot of beautiful diamonds! Do they impress you similarly?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much lovedogs! I know you have a lot of beautiful diamonds! Do they impress you similarly?

I have a post that compares my CBI diamond with my AV moissy. Not sure of the title but it's a thread I started to answer this question. Imho yes it absolutely impresses me similarly. Is it the same as my CBI? no. But its damn close for about 1/10th the price (and that's only for a 1ct, the relative price difference only goes up from there)

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
I have a post that compares my CBI diamond with my AV moissy. Not sure of the title but it's a thread I started to answer this question. Imho yes it absolutely impresses me similarly. Is it the same as my CBI? no. But its damn close for about 1/10th the price (and that's only for a 1ct, the relative price difference only goes up from there)

I'll search through your posts that is perfect! Thank you so so much ^^

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pair of 5.5mm H&A moissy studs from Distinctive Gems. They are a replacement for my H&A ideals from Whiteflash which I had set into a ring, and I honestly cannot tell the difference. They're gorgeous, and very diamond-like.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results