shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on pink with olive diamond

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I have had my Army green diamond for sale for a little while on LT without any interest, so I'm thinking of switching gears and setting it. I have these amazingly sparkly medium pinky-lilac spinel melee, and I want genuine opinions on the combo. My thought is actually a double halo of pink then diamonds. So please share your thoughts, and if you have any better ideas, lay them in me! Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 20210219_153129.jpg
    20210219_153129.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 78

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that a chameleon diamond? I have one exactly the same colour and it changes to a bright orange!

I think the big question is, will you love it if you set it because you've got it for sale now and so that makes me think you've fallen out of love with it.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@LD No, I wish she was a chameleon! GIA says Fancy dark gray-yellowish green. I do have a chameleon like you describe, but it is only .4ct.

As for your 2nd very interesting question, hubby bought me this diamond years ago when I was an active duty wife. He now has been retired for a few years and we've happily left that life behind. I listed it for sale when he bought me my 3.63 ct OEC thinking I could replenish a bit in my bling account. It hasn't sold, Screenshot_20210117-154222_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20210117-151219_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20210212-115142_DuckDuckGo.jpg but I'm not disappointed. I saw these on the internet, and it got my juices flowing.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The inspiration ring above is just to die for (the cushion cut) and I can totally see your diamond working in that design. Funnily enough I couldn't picture it from your original post but now seeing the inspiration I would say GO FOR IT!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@meely yes, the halo in RG but shank probably in platinum. RG doesn't look great against my skin except maybe in the summer months. Thanks for the feedback!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@meely yes, the halo in RG but shank probably in platinum. RG doesn't look great against my skin except maybe in the summer months. Thanks for the feedback!

No worries and I can’t wear rose gold either so I hear you!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! I love that combo and your setting inspirations!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that halo is too bright and saturated -- the star of the show suffers in comparison.

Maybe very low-color yellow-ish diamonds (but not fancy yellow)?

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
YES YES YES!!!! I LOVE green and pink together. It would be beautiful! :kiss2:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I think your diamond is beautiful and really a very interesting color. It has a lot of meaning behind it as well, so I’m glad you’re keeping it. No suggestions from me, just make what you will love wearing!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@LilAlex I also considered yellow, but happen to have the pink already. Something to ponder, as I think you make a decent point. Thanks for the feedback!

@MjK1 and @peacechick thank you!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
One more option that just occurred to me that I already own. I have these barely lavender spinels as well. Thoughts and preferences? 20210220_101418.jpg

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
@Adam95 imo rose gold looks best on warmer skin tones. It doesn't look great on me but on my daughter who has tanner skin than I it looks amazing.

Gotcha. Thanks, I was asking because I want to get something for my GF who is South Indian with medium to dark skin and I am a pale white boy! :lol:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What skin tone is best for rose gold?

Not sure but I have fair skin with a yellow undertone and it does nothing for me!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Gotcha. Thanks, I was asking because I want to get something for my GF who is South Indian with medium to dark skin and I am a pale white boy! :lol:

What does she like to wear? Maybe if you can take a peek at her accessories?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
The one on the left looks beautiful! I like how the white halo in between give both colors space to pop.

This is awesome. I’ve seen that ring on the 1st dibs site before and admired it. I think what you have will look fantastic!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Saw this and thought the ring on the right is stunning

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results