shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on pink with olive diamond

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have pasty white skin and I wear rose gold a lot!! I don’t care so much how it looks in my skin, but how some gems pop out of it. IMHO green stones look fabulous in rose gold.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I love that color green and pink together! I agree that the pink is quite saturated compared to the green. But it depends on what you want to stick out more :) I think green/pink combo is great and we can't wait to see what you do with it!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I really like on the heart ring example is the bezel around the diamond coming before the pink halo.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I have had my Army green diamond for sale for a little while on LT without any interest, so I'm thinking of switching gears and setting it. I have these amazingly sparkly medium pinky-lilac spinel melee, and I want genuine opinions on the combo. My thought is actually a double halo of pink then diamonds. So please share your thoughts, and if you have any better ideas, lay them in me! Thanks so much!

@Mrs_Strizzle did you ever do anything with this stone? I think it’s gorgeous and love the pink and green combo.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I have had my Army green diamond for sale for a little while on LT without any interest, so I'm thinking of switching gears and setting it. I have these amazingly sparkly medium pinky-lilac spinel melee, and I want genuine opinions on the combo. My thought is actually a double halo of pink then diamonds. So please share your thoughts, and if you have any better ideas, lay them in me! Thanks so much!

OMG i love that diamond !
Pink will certainly be a bright contrast
But if i had had some spair cash to drop on your diamond id be doing a white diamond halo

But its going to look gorgeous with the pink

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@Mrs_Strizzle I am still curious about this!

Hi, again! I haven't done a thing about moving forward with thus project. Lots has happened since I started this thread in Feb. I walked away from my medical job of 21 years and have been building my own business. Although I've done even better than I had hoped to by now (yay!), it will be a bit before I feel like I can allocate for pretties. In the mean time I'll be living vicariously through PS and daydreaming!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hi, again! I haven't done a thing about moving forward with thus project. Lots has happened since I started this thread in Feb. I walked away from my medical job of 21 years and have been building my own business. Although I've done even better than I had hoped to by now (yay!), it will be a bit before I feel like I can allocate for pretties. In the mean time I'll be living vicariously through PS and daydreaming!

Oh wow! Congrats and best wishes in your new endeavors!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@Mreader I've had some downtime lately to daydream about jewels so am revisiting this project. I'm thinking now I may not love the spinels with the diamond and would prefer pink diamonds instead, but wonder if pink lab melee will not be "mind clean " for me. I don't know. So I then started brainstorming something different with another fcd I have, and hope you would advise since you've encouraged me to follow through with this and I want to!

Anyway, I have a .61ct fancy deep gray purple that I may want to do a bypass or moi et toi with the olive diamond. I'm thinking about a tiny diamond halo around each stone to highlight its color. Or am I thinking too hard and should circle back to the original plan?

p.s. these diamonds really do sparkle much more than I can capture.
20220820_145315.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader I've had some downtime lately to daydream about jewels so am revisiting this project. I'm thinking now I may not love the spinels with the diamond and would prefer pink diamonds instead, but wonder if pink lab melee will not be "mind clean " for me. I don't know. So I then started brainstorming something different with another fcd I have, and hope you would advise since you've encouraged me to follow through with this and I want to!

Anyway, I have a .61ct fancy deep gray purple that I may want to do a bypass or moi et toi with the olive diamond. I'm thinking about a tiny diamond halo around each stone to highlight its color. Or am I thinking too hard and should circle back to the original plan?

20220820_145315.jpg

Firstly I love that purple diamond - wow what a collection you have! I do think the colors look good together as a moi toi :). BUT if I’m being honest I like the other idea better however it’s purely a personal preference thing!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Firstly I love that purple diamond - wow what a collection you have! I do think the colors look good together as a moi toi :). BUT if I’m being honest I like the other idea better however it’s purely a personal preference thing!

Thanks for the honesty, as there was a nagging tiny voice that was telling me the purple deserves to be center stage in her own show.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the honesty, as there was a nagging tiny voice that was telling me the purple deserves to be center stage in her own show.

Yes that too!! I can totally see some pavé halos around that beauty.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
just my opinion and i know next to nothing
but i think both diamonds deserve to be the star of their own show

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
just my opinion and i know next to nothing
but i think both diamonds deserve to be the star of their own show
@Mreader and @Daisys and Diamonds
I think you are right. I just have a problem being creative due to having a math and science oriented mind. My joke has always been my sister is a professional chef, my mom is an artist, my children can sing and play instruments, and I can do your taxes, lol.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader and @Daisys and Diamonds
I think you are right. I just have a problem being creative due to having a math and science oriented mind. My joke has always been my sister is a professional chef, my mom is an artist, my children can sing and play instruments, and I can do your taxes, lol.

That’s why PS - just post a pic of the stone and ask for ideas! Haha!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

20220820_145315.jpg

I like the idea of an et toi moi. It has a very modern vibe if done well. The halos are more of a classic look so I think it really does depend on what your personal style is?

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of an et toi moi. It has a very modern vibe if done well. The halos are more of a classic look so I think it really does depend on what your personal style is?

I would say I'm more classic with a leaning towards vintage/antique look. I've admired some of the moi et toi designs like the open ones that rest between the fingers, but I'm not sure if it would start to bother me. Because both stones are deep in saturation I think they will benefit from halos to brighten them up. I also tend towards size, so they need to be beefed up for me to reach for it, which is why the purple diamond has sat in a gem jar for a decade and a half.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results