color
clarity

Thoughts on pad sapphire?

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@voce good advice, and yeah I am still learning about windows =)2

voce

Ideal_Rock
Now that I went back to see it, I think that's definitely a window albeit a smaller window. If that's the only thing bothering you and you would pull the trigger but for that window/“line”, you could ask Gary how much weight you'd lose if you had him recut it to correct for the window.

It's by individual choice of the cutter what gets maximized. However, as a buyer, I would personally prefer a smaller but perfect gem over a larger windowed one. Not what every buyer would choose, but if you would commit to buying it, I'm sure Gary wouldn't mind recurring it to eliminate the window.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't recut. I would view it in person and check it out thoroughly, then decide whether it bugs me enough return it or that it has other qualities that make it a keeper. Gary would have tweaked it if he felt it was worth it.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I am going to view in person!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think?

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's super pretty color in person. I've never bought a loose gem before so I am trying to imagine it set, I definitely think it would need a halo for the look I am going for. I do notice the tiny window, but it doesn't both me that much, I guess. I was able to get a deal on it so I am thinking to keep. @chrono do you have any opinion?

Reactions: AV_

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour concentration at the two ends are very obvious to my eye. That said, the overall colouration is fantastic!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it and think it has a lot of character. The color looks great on you too! It’s easy to imagine it with a halo as the perfect proportion.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the color is gorgeous and would be a stunner with the right setting!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! It has a gorgeous overall color and looks awesome with your skin tone.:love:

Here's a few setting ideas...
pad 4.jpg pad 5.jpg pad 6.jpg
pad 3.jpg

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@elle_71125 Thanks for the suggestions ;)2 I like the idea of a halo with some side stones, maybe half moons. I reached out to DK to see if he can help on this project. This is my first time setting a loose stone so feeling like a newbie.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 Thanks for the suggestions ;)2 I like the idea of a halo with some side stones, maybe half moons. I reached out to DK to see if he can help on this project. This is my first time setting a loose stone so feeling like a newbie.

That was my favorite option too. The pad is on the narrow side so I think the halo with side stones will help bump out the size a bit...plus, I've wanted to do a setting like that for years. DK will definitely be able to help you with that. :kiss2:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would try to “fatten” the sides of the center stone to balance out the feel of the ring. I’d add side stones, then halo the trio as one.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
CC5E7A4E-0399-4F66-AB7A-3EB44BC3C001.jpeg
@chrono yeah it definitely needs to be fattened out. I’m thinking a semi-halo like above but with half moons followed by tapered baguettes and thin shank. Having DK draw up some designs! So excited!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote half moons too!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would replace the baguettes with half moons. I'm not good at cads, but I think half moons will be better in this design.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would replace the baguettes with half moons. I'm not good at cads, but I think half moons will be better in this design.

I think this design has both baguettes and half moons.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this design has both baguettes and half moons.
Oh you're totally right! Was looking on my phone and the colors blended and made it look like 1 center Stone. Whoops!

That said, I think it will look better if the half moons are clearly separate. So center Stone + halo and then half moons outside that. Like the pics @elle_71125 attached above.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like the CADs! What color metal are you using, Scouty?
And I’m so impressed with David’s turnaround! I just asked him for drawings yesterday, hoping your short wait is a good sign for me too!

Lovebirdy

Rough_Rock
I would suggest going to a store where they will balancea your stone in a setting while trying rings on. It really helps to try things on and figure out what you like. I saw a dream ring online once that I loved... until i put it on! Realized I actually didn't like that style at all.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@alene I'm thinking to go with white gold or platinum. Hope you get your CADs soon!

@Lovebirdy good suggestion, I'll try to do that this week!

Now, I am considering a more "ornate" or substantial halo like the Suzanne from CVB Design. Possibly in two tone, but not sure if the rose gold would clash with the pad color.
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 3.29.09 PM.png

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@alene I'm thinking to go with white gold or platinum. Hope you get your CADs soon!

@Lovebirdy good suggestion, I'll try to do that this week!

Now, I am considering a more "ornate" or substantial halo like the Suzanne from CVB Design. Possibly in two tone, but not sure if the rose gold would clash with the pad color.
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 3.29.09 PM.png

I personally love rose gold with pad sapphires. @natasha-cupcake has a gorgeous example of a rose gold bezel on a pad.

Editing to add pic

446BE5E1-6F15-430D-9EF1-386D2955E3EB.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results