color
clarity

Thoughts on pad sapphire?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

voce

Ideal_Rock
Only thing is that it's out of stock. Did you buy it, @scouty_gems?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I hope OP nabbed it, I thought it very very pretty.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@voce Gary was nice enough to hold it for me until he returns from traveling to send me a video of it. What are your thoughts on it? Thanks in advance!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a fine gem. I particularly love the deeper colour ends. I don’t think it will darken too much set in a halo. It’s very hard to find a decent colour Pad with good clarity AND good cutting.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!
And I love your setting idea

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the color is gorgeous and the gem is well cut. The color does look a little concentrated in the ends, but I don't think that will detract from the overall beauty of the gem. It's so hard to find a beautifully colored pad in a reasonable price range. I considered this stone when I was looking for my pad, but it was a little too expensive for me. If I had the budget, I would have snagged it. I say "Go for it!" :love:

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@natasha-cupcake Is that your pad in your avatar? Where did you end up getting yours from?

voce

Ideal_Rock
@voce Gary was nice enough to hold it for me until he returns from traveling to send me a video of it. What are your thoughts on it? Thanks in advance!

My thoughts on it are the same as lovedogs'. This is a lovely stone, excellent cutting, and the price point is right. Hope you like the sapphire in person!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake Is that your pad in your avatar? Where did you end up getting yours from?
Yes, my avatar is my pad ring. The setting is from TGP-- a modification of Elle's Feuilles Dorees setting. I bought the sapphire from Jupiter Gem. Jupiter has a pretty decent size inventory of pads, but they are what I consider "budget" pads. Many are windowed and they are mostly native cuts, though some are nice. My pad had a fairly large tilt window, but happily it closed up completely when set. I would have loved to have purchased a really premier pad, but there are limits to what I can afford and I decided to be realistic. My advice is to purchase the best pad you can for the price you're willing to pay. Concentrate on color first, cut second and size last. If the Finewater pad is in your budget range, I believe it will outperform what Jupiter Gem has to offer. But definitely check them out, if the Finewater pad is out of budget range.

Last edited:

scouty

Brilliant_Rock

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love that ring! You need a certain size though for that setting I imagine.

I think the finewater gem is lovely! Hope you like it in person! I like the color at the ends too, and wouldn’t be too worried that the color is too concentrated.
I love my pad sapphire, even though it’s in the highly saturated end. I used to own a more classically delicate one but ended up selling it because it looked bad with my skin tone.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@MakingTheGrade I was thinking the same, not sure if 7 by 5mm would be large enough for that type of sidestone setting. Do you have any idea what size the stone is in that ring?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@scouty_gems
That particular stone was 1.51 ct, which likely translates to somewhere between 7 x 5 mm and 8 x 6 mm

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@scouty_gems
That particular stone was 1.51 ct, which likely translates to somewhere between 7 x 5 mm and 8 x 6 mm

Ohh!!! That’s awesome, some reason it looks huge to me! If you have links to any posts about that ring I would love to read up. :))

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have several stones from Gary. He is wonderful to work with, and his stones are lovely! I hope for both your sakes, this is the one for you!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Update: Got the video from Gary today and it is gorgeous. Not sure if anyone is interested in seeing it ;)2 but I don't know how to post videos on pricescope?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Post it on YouTube or IG and then link the URL?

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the video:

Should I pull the trigger?! I would probably have to wait sometime to set it though ;)2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the video:

Should I pull the trigger?! I would probably have to wait sometime to set it though ;)2
Bahhhhh this is so freaking gorgeous. Perfect color!!!! This makes me understand the love for pads and willingness to spend $$ on them. If budget allows, then HECK YES GO FOR IT!!!!!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@lovedogs I know right! haha. I had a dream where I set it as a necklace last night, it must be a sign :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Worth seeing it in person. There's something about it that hasn't me sold 100%.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Worth seeing it in person. There's something about it that hasn't me sold 100%.

Maybe it is the dark line that can be seen down the middle? That kinda throws me off a bit.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Should you pull the trigger? If it got away from you, would you regret it? That's the question I ask myself when I try to decide.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it is the dark line that can be seen down the middle? That kinda throws me off a bit.

If it's apparent in the straight on picture, it's a window. If not, I would still call it a tilt window. Many corundum have them. Sometimes to not end up with a window, you'd have to sacrifice a lot of weight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results