shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on my search: 1.25 carat, G, SI1 Princess...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FleaDog

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am a newbie,

I''d Appreciate your thoughts & critique:

Looking for 1.25 (+/- .25), G color, SI1, ~3a AGA, ''average'' RAP Princess diamond.
Mounting to fairly simple 18K white gold semi-mount with pave on shoulders, size 5.
(very similar to a Tiffany classic solitare, with the pave on the shoulders)

I live in Philly, have been to jewelers'' row, mall stores, etc...
Prices I have been quoted are ~$10,000 (not lying).
Prices from vendors here are more realistic; ~$5-6,000 (or ~$4,500/ct on ''average'' per RAP for 3a AGA class).

So, obviously, I am pretty sure I will be buying online.

Here is a choice that has really caught my eye:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=10577360

regards,
Dave

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
Yes, mall stores are outrageous! Check out my thread about buying from a broker. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/possibly-getting-my-center-stone-from-a-broker-now.53895/

I am going to get my setting and matching band from the mall store, but am now looking around for the center stone.

They are asking 7300. for a 1.21 princess, F color SI1..at least$1500 over what it should be.

I went to the jeweler today..with the setting and mentioned I may not get the center stone they have..they may match the broker''s price now!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it''s not very square, unless that''s what you''re going for.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks pretty good. Sounds like it will be a pretty ring! I love princess cuts, albeit they tend to look smaller than other cuts for their weight.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Flea,

You''re seeking out a diamond defined by relatively inferior cut qualities?

Go for AGS0.

Welcome to Pricescope. Assisting shoppers with well cut diamonds is in large part what this venue is about.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had princesses with not so perfect numbers and they were still performers. I think fancy cuts are just wacky sometimes.

FleaDog

Rough_Rock
thanks for the replies

The 'ideal cut' stone posted is interesting... Will have to check that out more...

I have looked at a bunch of princess' including a lot of F color, VS1-2 clarity that are comparable in price but at the 1.0 carat range, and to the naked eye it doesnt make any real difference to me, one to the other, really just depends on cut. I really would like the 1.25 size, though, to best match the setting.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Flea dog,

Did you click my link above? How much out of line is that option from what you''re seeking.

Also:

Date: 11/26/2006 9:09:40 PM
Author: justjulia
I''ve had princesses with not so perfect numbers and they were still performers. I think fancy cuts are just wacky sometimes.
So, fine, but to seek out a cut range that specificially is defined by inferior performance doesn''t make sense to me. I don''t even know that for fancy cuts, pricing follows the AGA charts, such that lower prices follow more inferior cuts, though they may.

cas

Rough_Rock
im in the market for something very similiar to what you have listed and also looking .10 bigger. im not looking for a diamond that will apperciate just one that is nice on the eyes.

so far this is what my research is telling me to look for

Color G,H,I
Ratio - 1-1.05
Depth - 65-80
Table - 65-80
Girdle - Very thin to thick
polish - excellent to good
sym - excellent to good
flourescence - none to faint

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results