shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on JannPaul's new Octagon Nova?

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Hi! JannPaul recently teased a new cut on their IG page, the Octagon Nova. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

It looks so pretty! The corners look pointier than a Decagon and I am wondering if this might present some durability issues?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like a beautiful cut. in the photos on their Instagram, they have the diamond mounted with the pointed edges exposed on both the top and bottom of the ring. That would make me more nervous than an exposed girdle on a round brilliant

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
It looks like a beautiful cut. in the photos on their Instagram, they have the diamond mounted with the pointed edges exposed on both the top and bottom of the ring. That would make me more nervous than an exposed girdle on a round brilliant

I thought so, too. One wrong bang at just the right angle, yikes. Would make for a lovely pendant or earrings though.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I have decagon melee, and those corners are a teensy bit owie. If a corner would swipe some skin just right, it might be a little bit owie.

Scrapes and scratches aside, it looks amazing!! I love the almost transitional look in the center! :love:

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
I have decagon melee, and those corners are a teensy bit owie. If a corner would swipe some skin just right, it might be a little bit owie.

Scrapes and scratches aside, it looks amazing!! I love the almost transitional look in the center! :love:

Ohhhh that is good to know! Thank you, very informative.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Found their teaser video for it:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like this!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
It’s beautiful. I love their diamonds!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the flowery facets. I would be concerned wearing this cut in a ring but it would be fabulous as a pendant. With the diamond market being what it is at the moment I think that vendors with innovative cuts are going to fare well. Just speculation on my part though.

hiratop

Rough_Rock
This thread should be in Rockytalk. It's not specifically about LGDs.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Just watched the video. What a stunner!!

hiratop

Rough_Rock
Perfect response!

Except
Perfect response!

Well, there is a potential problem if RockyTalk were only about natural diamonds and here it's only about LGD since if one is not interested in one or the other and ignores the group then one misses some content that is relevant for both. But if RockyTalk is for all aspects relevant to all diamonds (which a specific cut is) then RockyTalk is more suitable. Whether it's actually a problem I don't know. Most people interested in diamonds probably read both groups so they don't miss anything.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Except

Well, there is a potential problem if RockyTalk were only about natural diamonds and here it's only about LGD since if one is not interested in one or the other and ignores the group then one misses some content that is relevant for both. But if RockyTalk is for all aspects relevant to all diamonds (which a specific cut is) then RockyTalk is more suitable. Whether it's actually a problem I don't know. Most people interested in diamonds probably read both groups so they don't miss anything.

I understand what you're conveying.
Anyone is at liberty to post about the new JP Nova cut in RT by starting a thread there. I could, you could, anybody could.. :)

milkidentification

Rough_Rock
Good info, thank you. I too am looking at purchasing a 2.5 ct in the next fews months and was wondering about pricing.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I found this off-putting, nothing but white light with a bit of contrast at the center. Not for this old moss-back, I guess. Offer me the tiniest CBI ever, I'm there.

itsfake

Rough_Rock
I like the new octagon nova a lot. I was thinking of seling the Decagon and getting the nova but after I had then sens me a side by side of both of them, i think I like the Decagon better. Although they both are stunning nonetheless.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results