shape
carat
color
clarity

thoughts on CAD?

rmm

Rough_Rock
Hello! i've been lurking for quite a while trying to learn more about diamonds.... thank you for all of your help!

I saw this ring online a few years ago and fell in love with it... unfortunately the jeweler is in another state and was not helpful when i stopped in a few months back, so we decided to work with a local jeweler that we love! would love your opinions before we get the wax made!

here is the inspiration:

for my ring, i wanted a plain band (i'll have a pave wedding band) and for there to be no metal visible in the pave setting- the inspiration has some metal visible at the corners.the center is somewhere around 1.5.... i'm not allowed to know that yet!

here's the cad:

would love your opinions!
thanks,
rmm

1123-1-greenwich-jewelers-sparkle_li.jpg

mail.google.com.jpg

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks GREAT!! :appl: It sure will be blingy! :love:

rmm

Rough_Rock
oh thank you! i have big hands/fingers and wear larger jewelry (as in, not delicate... not sure how to describe appropriately) so while i know it seems like a lot i think it will work with my style. i hope so, at least!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it will be pretty. I might want to do pave down 1/2 of the shank of the band though...it's such a blingy ring...it looks like it's missing something if the band is plan...just my .02 though....either way, it will be awesome!

dreamingoftacori

Rough_Rock
I love plain shank halos so I'm very partial. I think it will look perfect next to a matching pave wedding band. If you wear it alone, then I would want pave shanks. But since it'll be part of a set keep it plain. It should look great! Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Chris-at-ERD

Rough_Rock
Trade
Judging from the CAD/Rendering I think that they are of a very high level and if executed correctly, will be a very beautiful piece.

Best of luck.

rmm

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Re: the shank... I will wear a pave (3 sided) band every day, and hopefully one for each side eventually, which is why I like the plain shank. The plan is for the wedding band to be rose gold and ten the second eventual band will be yellow gold. The e- ring is made so they will fit flush.

Re: chris- what do you mean they are a very high level? Sorry, total amateur here trying to learn! What do you look for in cads?

Lastly- does the style of pave look right? I'm hard on stuff so it has to be durable (have read all about pave issues here!) but also want minimal metal seen....

Thanks again!

Chris-at-ERD

Rough_Rock
Trade
I will do my best to explain, since I have seen countless CAD/renderings and have no idea which vendor you are working with, each CAD design is created from an image or an inspired style that you wish to obtain, therefore this CAD tells me that it is very well executed....starting with the center diamond the Halo is well balanced with flowing lines and very symmetrical, each curve is refined and well thought out... I hope the second phase will be executed with the same grace and attention to detail.

Best of luck.

rmm

Rough_Rock
sorry, one last question... right now, it looks like there is a lot of metal underneath the diamonds and that there a little U's on the edge of the ring (i think the prongs create them?)

is this overemphasized b/c the cad is always thicker/bulkier or will this be what the edge looks like? is there a way to avoid that? i don't want to see too much metal on the side...

here's a bigger image, if that helps:

thanks!

cad.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results