shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on a reset of my engagement ring please.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, my engagement ring can't be resized to fit my now much fatter finger. I'm sad but I'll take this opportunity to re style my setting. Now, I'm very keen on the full halo treatment for each diamond. Is this style just "done to death"? This re setting, is costing around $5k (Ouch) so I'm not going to be doing another reset anytime this century! Excuse my shocking photo, but it's a 4.25 emerald cut flanked by a .40 baguette each side. Or should keep the current "format" but add half halos to the top and bottom around the centre diamond and add two extra horizontal baguettes to the side shank. I'm thinking that full halos might overwhelm the setting? Any thoughts or ideas happily received. Thanks. image_1014.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
5k is cheap for the setting you describe for a center stone of tbat size.

I wouldn't halo it. I'd reset it in a prong setting.

If you want a halo then I'd halo only the center stone in the same Sebastian Barier setting Ascher Girl has (someone can link you to it). And then use the side stones somewhere else.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1470729908|4063794 said:
5k is cheap for the setting you describe for a center stone of tbat size.

I wouldn't halo it. I'd reset it in a prong setting.

If you want a halo then I'd halo only the center stone in the same Sebastian Barier setting Ascher Girl has (someone can link you to it). And then use the side stones somewhere else.

Your stone is gorgeous!!!
The Link to the setting that Gypsy is referring to: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-5-yr-anniversary-upgrade-2-52-emerald-cut-diamond.187820/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-5-yr-anniversary-upgrade-2-52-emerald-cut-diamond.187820/[/URL]

_5177.jpeg

_5178.jpeg

_5179.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Gypsy on not haloing the 3 stones as you have a large and beautiful center stone that can stand on its own.
Personally I would contact Victor Canera and see what he can do in your budget. I would opt for prongs. For example something along these lines:

I think a halo is classic and timeless, but if you go that route, I would only halo the EC and use your sidestones for a different project.

_5180.jpeg

_5181.jpeg

_5182.jpeg

_5183.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And french cuts could be lovely with your stone (though I am biased as I have a round with french cut sides). They are very very expensive, but perhaps David Klass could do it for your budget.

_5184.jpeg

_5185.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh, Your ring is to die for. Stunning.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone. This is a style I'm liking. image_1024.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
How big are your hands. Seriously. That stone is easily half the size of yours.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Bron357|1471298394|4066379 said:
Thanks everyone. This is a style I'm liking. image_1024.jpg

Your ring is a size 4.25. What finger size are you now? I'm sure you've got some serious finger coverage with the emerald cut. It would be unusual if you've gone up more than two finger sizes, so I'm going to guesstimate you are around a size 6.5, 7 max. That's still an average finger size that would get great coverage with an emerald cut of that carat weight. The ring style you are interested in is gorgeous, but very cocktail looking. Would you miss the engagement look of your current setting? You may also be limited in your ability to wear a band with it. A modified version of this setting with a much more delicate partial halo instead of the chunky look (perhaps a 1.3mm semi-halo?) would be more flattering, and less competition with the center and side stones, presuming you want to incorporate the current sides into the new design.

Groucho

Rough_Rock
Your ring is marvelous! Here is a photo of my engagement ring upgrade, a prong-set five stone platinum setting made by a local jeweler. The larger side stones weigh 1.03 carats (0.5 per) and the smaller stones weigh 0.45 carats. The center stone measures 11.74 x 7.5 x 4.37. I am a size 8.5. The ring has sizing beads and doesn't shift/rotate at all, despite being kind of "top heavy."

I would have preferred longer, thinner baguettes, but they were difficult for my dealer to source and I was impatient. :shock:
IMHO the ring looks better in person then it does in my not-so-great photo.

Best of luck with your ring "adventure." It will be beautiful whatever setting you choose.

art_deco_inspired_setting.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was a 5 1/2 originally but a medical condition causing fluid retention ☹️ has seen my long lean fingers turn into fat sausages and I'm now a 7 1/2. And the original ring,with the diamonds sitting butt up against each other, isn't suitable to go up two full sizings. My new ring will be elevated 3mm to sit a wedding ring and eternity ring underneath. I have round diamonds in my wedding ring and baguettes in my eternity ring. So the main diamond and two baguettes sitting either side will have two half halos of 4 or 5 X .20 or .25 (a to scale drawing is being done) in a flat shield like shape and then down the shanks with be either 1 or 2 extra baguettes. When I see the actual drawing I'll know if my "vision" is going to work or not. Failing all that, I'll re set the same way but still add 2 horizontal baguettes each side to the shank to balance out the shape better.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apologies; tardy to the party. I noticed this thread found a dead end, and I'm not certain if there was a final decision on the style of the new setting, so I wanted to share an idea that I believe will help:
IMG_8512.JPG
No halo. Thin bezels cradle each stone, millgrain detail along the bezels create that estate/vintage look, and preserve the elegance of that elongated center EC, and accentuate its character. Adding the bullets on each side will maximize coverage & add a little flair to the shank, while allowing the 3 original stones to shine in their original positions. It's not cocktail, and still stylish. This is a timeless look, and will not need to be modified, any time soon.
Just thought I'd throw this out there, just in case...
Kind Regards!! :mrgreen2:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Apologies; tardy to the party. I noticed this thread found a dead end, and I'm not certain if there was a final decision on the style of the new setting,

Yes, there was follow up, very pretty ring! Bron357's later posts:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/so-heres-the-resetting-layout-thoughts.225104/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/omg-shes-back-almost-and-shes-wow.225631/

You can check for later posts by searching threads started by user under profile :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results