shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts about this setting?? I really need help with this.

crazymom4

Rough_Rock
I recently had my center diamond upgraded from a VS2 L color good cut .56 to a VVS2 Very good cut and J color 1 carat. I have had this set for 20 years. I have the opportunity to change the setting but I do not know what I should do. Any suggestions and pictures would help. I want to use the gold and all the diamonds in my set. Or should I not change it?

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Re: Thoughts about this setting?? I really need help with t

crazymom4|1454611432|3986879 said:
I want to use the gold and all the diamonds in my set. Or should I not change it?
If it's what you want and it's not a problem financially, then you should absolutely do it.

As for using your gold, you should realize that any solder used during the manufacture and maintenance of your ring will cause problems in the casting or fabrication of a new ring. Most jewelers will tell you that they're using the old piece, with the requirement that they have to cut out those parts that had a lot of solder used and add 2 or 3 times as much fresh casting grain in order to make the casting suitable for setting and finishing. This is a good thing, since it ensures the new piece is not brittle or porous and is as well made as any new ring.

crazymom4

Rough_Rock

1454611312426-1512382140.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's hard to suggest things without an idea of what you like. Halos? Solitaire? White gold? Rose? We need an idea of what you're going for.

crazymom4

Rough_Rock

White gold, no halos not a fan wouldn't mind a solitaire

crazymom4

Rough_Rock

White Gold, I am not a fan of halos seems everyone has them, wouldn't mind a solitaire should I stay with channel or maybe go pave using all my diamonds

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do you have a wedding ring you wear?

crazymom4

Rough_Rock

The bottom band is my wedding band it was a interlocking set

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

crazymom4|1454732281|3987566 said:
The bottom band is my wedding band it was a interlocking set
So you'll be wearing that with the new setting? Getting a new band? What are you thinking ?

crazymom4

Rough_Rock

The top band I was going to reset and the other band will be my wedding band with some of those little diamonds. Someone mentioned maybe a solitaire with a few side diamonds then use the rest for a eternity band. Looking for beautiful and classic

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results