shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts about CHAZ in Seattle?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There has been racism that has burned into the memory of some of my family members.

My niece is white and hispanic. She looks like a dark haired, ivory skinned, bright blue eyed white girl. She manages a restaurant and has funny stories about when she started and spent the day listening to the spanish speaking staff talking about the new lazy white manager. She waited to the end of the day to let them know in fluent spanish how happy she was to be there :) She holds no grudge at all, as she considers herself a Latina :)

I've worked as the only white girl in a 40+ person black and asian people baking in a mess hall in Virginia. I never had a moment where anyone was more than a team member with me. People were just plain friendly. So was I. Then again, I didn't expect anything but friendly.

There are some family members that have scars that I am not sure will heal and may always have some feelings. The father had worked himself up to near the very top of a gov. agency. Not really my story to tell, so I am going to stay vague. He was up for promotion and had years of service and much experience in the position. He was told he could not have the promotion because he was not black. A black man was hired with a fraction of his education and experience (as it was told to me). He helped do his job as well as his own

Years later, he finally got to the top of his career. A new governor came in and he was told point blank he was fired, his job should belong to a black man. At that point, the position was a political appointment. So, he ended up being a clerk in a hardware store for years until he rebuilt a career elsewhere.

So, I've had some conversations. I don't get far. Racism (any type) is a poison and it causes people to be harmed, hurt and bitter.

I'm sorry your father went through that. It can't have been easy!

I had similar situations in my life to what you describe -- everyone friendly. That is how I grew up. I was used to everyone being a team or a family (my family has people from several different countries, different religions, etc) and never expected that it was different than that. It wasn't until recent years that I started to see anything else and have worked hard to give every benefit of the doubt possible. I figure it is the least I can do as I don't know what anyone else has been through.

Your last statement really hits it exactly. It is a poison. When people have to constantly watch how exactly they word things because every day things are now "racist" (no can do, as an example that comes to mind) and reading into every tiny action of others, it just snowballs out of control.

I hope our world can grow so that ALL people are seen as people. Each one deserving of basic respects and kindness. Each one unique. Each one being a human first and anything else they feel like identifying with after that without being forced into an identification they don't want.(That is not coming across as clear as I want! What I am aiming for is that each person can be who they are. People should be proud of their heritage/culture/religion/whatever and welcome to share it if they choose or keep it more private if they choose. Not every white person is Christian. Not every black person is African. Not every red head is Irish. There is nothing wrong with being any of those, but the outward appearance does not mean they are and respecting each person enough to let them share who they are rather than assign to them seems a common courtesy that should be given to all.)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stumbled upon this SNL skit following the 2016 election ... the irony is striking. :eh:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The summer of love becoming a summer of death.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wondering how justice will be served in these cases.

Not sure how it can. The CHAZ/CHOPpers wouldn't let cops in to investigate, one young man is dead, and another is fighting for his life still, though I understand them to be separate shooting incidents that just happened on the same night. Surely the crime scene is tainted now.

If that was my family member, I think I’d have mixed feelings about whether to be angry or just sad/start mourning ... if the person was there willingly, they knew what they were doing/supporting, and they made that choice, and assumably died supporting what they believed in.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The summer of death continues...

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am wondering how justice will be served in these cases.
Considering there is no justice in the criminal system anyway does it really matter?
When someone is sentenced to 10 years and is out in a year there is no justice for the victoms.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonder how many liberal PSers would live inside the CHOP zone for one week?

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Wonder how many liberal PSers would live inside the CHOP zone for one week?

Maybe if Trump manages another term some liberals can move to CHOP instead of Canada? What are the taxes like in there? :think:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe if Trump manages another term some liberals can move to CHOP instead of Canada? What are the taxes like in there? :think:
No taxes,no cops,only guns, but wait :hand: I thought liberals was against gun violences? ..:confused:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We can only HOPE he doesn't but the uneducated in America seems to be more than the educated, which I find totally sad, what happened to learning critical thinking skills? compare and contrast? take the other side papers? obviously this has been trashed in schools. Last time white, non college educated women (who all hated Clinton for some obscure and wtf knows what reason) voted for Trumpski, now I read that they aren't so into him this time around.. like I said we can only hope a few of the uneducated will vote with a soul.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
They ADMIT it.

Wake up America.

Follow Freedom Fights for more!

These are not my words, I am not going to wake anyone, I don't believe someone will change. I posted just for information.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Why would you trust content from a right-wing group with ties to white supremacists and neo-Nazis? Are these the kinds of people you trust to tell you the truth?

According to the Des Moines Register, Turning Point USA "claims partial responsibility" for inviting Nick Fuentes to speak at Iowa State University. Fuentes is described as a "conservative activist and white nationalist speaker," who attended the infamous Charlottesville "Unite the Right" rally where Nazi and white supremacist violence towards counter-protesters ultimately resulted in the death of a woman and 19 injuries.[3] Fuentes is known for his YouTube videos, "America First with Nick Fuentes," where he opines on "the failure of multiculturalism", immigration and "his anger about what he said has been the marginalization of white people."[3] At Iowa State University, Fuentes spoke about similar topics to that on his Youtube channel, "immigration and reportedly spoke of preserving the "European texture" of the United States while taking jabs at the intelligence, civilization and self-control of various marginalized groups."[4]

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Why would you trust content from a right-wing group with ties to white supremacists and neo-Nazis? Are these the kinds of people you trust to tell you the truth?

According to the Des Moines Register, Turning Point USA "claims partial responsibility" for inviting Nick Fuentes to speak at Iowa State University. Fuentes is described as a "conservative activist and white nationalist speaker," who attended the infamous Charlottesville "Unite the Right" rally where Nazi and white supremacist violence towards counter-protesters ultimately resulted in the death of a woman and 19 injuries.[3] Fuentes is known for his YouTube videos, "America First with Nick Fuentes," where he opines on "the failure of multiculturalism", immigration and "his anger about what he said has been the marginalization of white people."[3] At Iowa State University, Fuentes spoke about similar topics to that on his Youtube channel, "immigration and reportedly spoke of preserving the "European texture" of the United States while taking jabs at the intelligence, civilization and self-control of various marginalized groups."[4]

Is this video genuine? I don't care who posted it. The video speaks for itself, right? I wish it appeared on CNN firs.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this video genuine? I don't care who posted it. The video speaks for itself, right? I wish it appeared on CNN firs.

I don’t know if it’s genuine or not, but I question it if the source is Turning Point USA. It absolutely does matter who posted it, because videos can be doctored.

A perfect example is when the Center for Medical Progress misleadingly edited video of Planned Parenthood officials to make it sound like they were trying to profit off fetal tissue, which has been proven to be false.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like before Trump's presidency there was no racisms and it will end if Biden wins on Nov.3 or earlier if Trump resigns. IMG_1738.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
America is WOKE.. try it!

They ADMIT it.

Wake up America.

Follow Freedom Fights for more!

These are not my words, I am not going to wake anyone, I don't believe someone will change. I posted just for information.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Troll bait here. We've been over this stuff for years.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results