shape
carat
color
clarity

This is uber Mege...new E-W oval yellow diamond halo.

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
iota15|1289259627|2758729 said:
Um, just my opinion but I think we should all refrain from jumping to the conclusion that something financially negative happened. Personally, I really wouldn't want my life compared to the now-bankrupt Housewives, especially when there are about a hundred other benign reasons to turn away this ring.

As beautiful as it is, dare I say, most non-diamond obsessed women just do not appreciate yellow diamonds. Plus, it simply may not have been her style (too large, too small, prefers emerald cuts, a simpler setting, etc.). Or, as a non-diamond obsessed woman, just simply preferred that the ring money go towards something else ...and her obviously well-meaning, loving husband is happy to obliged his beloved wife's request.

Diamondeye - again, if you need any help with another jewelry piece, drop us a line.

I do agree with this, I have two examples as well. Last year my husband bought me a diamond necklace for our anniversary (that had a it's own story) I loved the necklace but a few days later a serger (type of sewing machine) that I have been wanting for a long time went on sale and was a really great deal. This sale was not going to last, I spoke with hubby about it and decided to return the necklace so that I could by the serger. I don't regret that decision one bit. Next up is that my 10 year and 40th birthday fall within 2 months of each other (still 5 years away) and I am pitching for an upgrade however I just saw the 2011 Honda Odyssey and now I am wondering if I should upgrade my 2001 Odyssey instead. It already has 145,000 miles on it so I don't think it will make it to that date so this comparison may be moot, but if I was faced with having to choose between a diamond or a brand new Odyssey at this moment I just might choose the car...or maybe not but that would most likely run through my head if I had the choice..

There are of course many reasons why this ring has made an appearance at JBEG and all the rest is just speculation to which we may never know. I think naturally we gravitate towards thinking of all the negative reasons, plus I think we get some what invested in each other. I do hope the reason is a positive one and if not well I am sure the speculation on his thread would not help. Either way my thought will think positive..

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
iota15|1289259627|2758729 said:
Um, just my opinion but I think we should all refrain from jumping to the conclusion that something financially negative happened. Personally, I really wouldn't want my life compared to the now-bankrupt Housewives, especially when there are about a hundred other benign reasons to turn away this ring.

As beautiful as it is, dare I say, most non-diamond obsessed women just do not appreciate yellow diamonds. Plus, it simply may not have been her style (too large, too small, prefers emerald cuts, a simpler setting, etc.). Or, as a non-diamond obsessed woman, just simply preferred that the ring money go towards something else ...and her obviously well-meaning, loving husband is happy to obliged his beloved wife's request.

Awww, c'mon, I was making a joke. I think if you are going to brag about your jewelery online -- as we all do, this forum is for bragging -- then sell it very shortly after on a site well frequented by PSers, and not give us a real reason, then ya gotta take some razzing. I suspect that if my diamond turned up on JBEG next month there would be some jokes too ;))

And I would rather people thought I sold my ring for money reasons than think I sold it because I just changed my mind. Have you seen the flamings that happen round these parts when people get reputations for being "fickle"? So none of our guesses are truly "benign". I think a stronger argument is we should not be guessing at all ;)) All of our guesses and this whole conversation in fact is just us being nosey nosey nosey parkers.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Agreed, dreamer. No more guessing. :)

It is a beauty of a ring though.

diamondeye

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone.

Here's the situation--yes, I am reluctantly selling my wife's Leon Mege oval yellow diamond ring. This ring has never been on my wife's finger. As you all know, it was for an upcoming 30 year anniversary gift.

I purchased the center diamond two years before having it set last summer. I never thought two years ago that I'd be in the situation I am now. Without boring you all to tears, let's say that things have changed drastically in my business over the last six months. My accounts receiveables are escalating and many people owe me money which I am unable to collect. As a result, I am having a hard time meeting payroll, my overhead, let alone college tuitions and such. It has never been this bad in twenty six years.

With winter months coming up and my overhead rising, I need to do something. This seemed to be the least painful thing especially since DW doesn't know about this ring-- so it won't be a hardship on her. Don't get me wrong, it's not like bankruptcy or anything but I need to have peace of mind that I can support the business without layoffs. DW knows I'm trying to sell other things to make life easier for us. If I gave her this ring on our anniversary she would be heartsick...and that's not the emotion I'm going for.

Under different circumstances my DW would've loved this ring and it breaks my heart because she deserves it. It is truly the most spectacular ring I have ever seen. I am confident that the pendulum will swing back and everything will be okay---it's just bad timing right now. There will be other anniversaries and many other surprises. (and...iota-15, I'd love your help when that time comes ;-) )

So...that's it. I just wanted all of you to know.

Blessings,
DE

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry as well. And yes I do hope the pendulum swings back in your direction . My best wishes are for you and your wife, the ring doesn't matter to a hill of beans as long as the two of you are healthy and your finances are stable.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DE, I am so sorry that you are in this situation right now and hope that things turn around quickly. I am so glad that you are putting your employees before a ring (no matter how stunning it was)....people are what matter in the end.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
SparkleNut|1289328755|2759271 said:
I'm so sorry as well. And yes I do hope the pendulum swings back in your direction . My best wishes are for you and your wife, the ring doesn't matter to a hill of beans as long as the two of you are healthy and your finances are stable.

This exactly- best to you both.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww DE I am so sorry about this situation. I hope things improve shortly. Thanks for coming and letting us know, even though you do not owe us one little thing!

My best wishes will be going out to you during these unsteady economic times.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
petrock<3|1289329084|2759280 said:
SparkleNut|1289328755|2759271 said:

This exactly- best to you both.

My best wishes to you and your family too. Looking out for your family is so much more important.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this. But I think your wife has a true gem in you...this Leon ring doesn't hold a candle to ya!

I hope things turn around for you soon, and I hope the new owner of the ring can appreciate the heart that went into it. Best of luck!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thinking about you, DE. Things WILL get better, you're very talented at what you do.
Hang in there.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Hope we didn't "push" you onto here to explain what happened.

Your story makes me so sad and frustrated about the current economic state of affairs across the board. I remember when you put this ring together, and it must be such a heart-breaking decision to sell it. I had to part with a diamond I loved earlier this year to cushion the finances and it was very difficult, even though it was the right decision, even though I may never own something like it again. I think it's very sage to be proactive. That said, I'm happy to hear that all is ok with you and your DW. I wish you lots of health, happiness, and good fortune in the future. Please take care.

diamondeye

Rough_Rock
Wow, thank you all for your thoughts and good wishes.

Yennyfire was spot on when she said she was glad that I was putting my staff before a ring (no matter how stunning it was) and that people are what matters in the end. I just couldn't look at this ring knowing I was indulging my wife and causing a hardship for others. DW wouldn't want that either. It just wouldn't sit right with us.

Thanks again for all your understanding...it makes it alittle easier to swallow.

Best,
D

thimp

Rough_Rock
Best wishes to you and your family. I am certain things will swing your way again. This economic hardship will pass.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry. You are a good person and your DW is lucky to have you. Things will get better!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondeye|1289337389|2759421 said:
Wow, thank you all for your thoughts and good wishes.

Yennyfire was spot on when she said she was glad that I was putting my staff before a ring (no matter how stunning it was) and that people are what matters in the end. I just couldn't look at this ring knowing I was indulging my wife and causing a hardship for others. DW wouldn't want that either. It just wouldn't sit right with us.

Thanks again for all your understanding...it makes it alittle easier to swallow.

Best,
D

D, I wanted to thank you for actually being a responsible and considerate business owner. I'm sure your employees are well treated and are grateful for an amazing employer, because they are few and far between now a days. I'm sorry that you are experiencing this hard ship at this moment in time, but perhaps because you are so selfless with regards to your employees, something will come along the way and you won't have to sell this beautiful piece. Either way you're a great husband, because it's the thought that counts, not the actual gift. Perhaps you should write your wife a nice letter for your 30th anniversary instead, that can be cherished just as much as the beautiful Leon you had made for her (although perhaps you should use glitter paper so it sparkles just as much :cheeky: ).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A true class act. . . I admire you and hope your wife cherishes you.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Couldn't sum it up better myself then some of the other posters- it is refreshing to see someone put others before themselves. The world would be a much better place with more people like you looking out for everyone else!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
D, you truly are a class act! Your employees are lucky to have a guy like you in charge. Your wife is very lucky to have you as well. I pray things look up for you soon!

cachia85

Rough_Rock
Other people have said what I wanna say, so I just wish you and your wife lots of luck and health and happiness!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
My best wishes are with you. This ring is stunning and one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever seen. I am sure it will go quickly. I hope it went to me but :(

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to read this, but I'm glad to hear catastrophe isn't imminent.

I hope things work out for you DE!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
DE, you are a true gentleman! Good things will come to good people. I'm sure you'll be able to ride out the tough times and move on to even better things.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I am very sorry to hear of this. I am sure better times will come, bringing with it more sparklies for your wife. I am glad she didn't have to give it up after seeing it though.

Best of luck to you and your family!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results