shape
carat
color
clarity

Unusual/interesting/unique gems thread.

passions4purples

Rough_Rock
Great idea!

I find this sunstone/iolite cab at The Gem Trader endlessly fascinating and have a million ideas for setting it. My current idea is for a pendant to be worn on a necklace of iolite beads. I need to avoid any more little treats at the moment, as I've depleted the gemstone piggybank recently and I have my eye on a special sapphire I'm saving up for. But if this is still around after that then I might need to give in.

July18SIoliteCab.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0F550B3B-A868-475E-9637-79BE8E6D9023.jpeg 4A787E4B-90DB-4976-AE75-293648701D5A.jpeg
A few more pieces. These are almost spiritual to me...like inner soul.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea!

I find this sunstone/iolite cab at The Gem Trader endlessly fascinating and have a million ideas for setting it. My current idea is for a pendant to be worn on a necklace of iolite beads. I need to avoid any more little treats at the moment, as I've depleted the gemstone piggybank recently and I have my eye on a special sapphire I'm saving up for. But if this is still around after that then I might need to give in.

July18SIoliteCab.jpg
That is so interesting! What a fascinating piece!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peridot spider :) Very artistic!

Capture+_2018-07-30-19-26-43-1.png
That’s cool! I wonder who would wear a spider design and why? Its a departure from spider pins which were once so popular both in the early 19th century and them again later. I know many would, but who are they lol? My grandma wore a spider pin for a time...unfortunately I didn’t ask her about it. I was quite fascinated by it. I saw a carved mammoth ivory tarantula, life size, with Tahitian Keshia pearls recently. When I returned by the vendor a few hours later, it had already sold !

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
21D5A64F-B92E-461D-8B43-EB7BD02D51BA.jpeg
I found this recently...I just LOVE this carved blue chalcedony! Imagine it with one of those diamond briolet chain necklaces, or with tiny, bluish/ grey Keshi freshwater pearls. Reminds me of the dreamy gentleness in a Georgia O’Keefe painting.

passions4purples

Rough_Rock
Since we're including jewelry pieces, I deeply covet this pendant from mastercut gems. It's a fossilized shark tooth between 23-25 million years old. I find it incredible that a part if something that lived do long ago not only still exists, but is an object of genuine beauty. 28449.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That’s cool! I wonder who would wear a spider design and why? Its a departure from spider pins which were once so popular both in the early 19th century and them again later. I know many would, but who are they lol? My grandma wore a spider pin for a time...unfortunately I didn’t ask her about it. I was quite fascinated by it. I saw a carved mammoth ivory tarantula, life size, with Tahitian Keshia pearls recently. When I returned by the vendor a few hours later, it had already sold !

I think because light peridots here are plentiful and inexpensive, they can afford to indulge in such whims here! Fashion and trends here are still very 60s 70s :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Copper needles in quartz, carved in the shape of a calabash so it shows the needles nicely coiled around the calabash form.

Got it from ebay for my jewellers.

They carved well to go with the crystals. It must look 3D in life with those rutile curves. Very Volumous!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's 3D indeed. Very round in the hand. I will get round to posting a video of it on YouTube one day :)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love:love: the coral ring and the fish ring :love:too.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
C716BFF5-6D26-4917-B7DD-6D6BB83D5606.jpeg I have a cool aqua which is super dichroic. I think it qualifies. Here’s a low light pic!

Wow, your aqua looks beautiful! I love stones with lots of pleochroism as I think it makes it so much more interesting. Would love to see a pic with better lighting. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results