shape
carat
color
clarity

This is nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bobby

Rough_Rock
I have several diff prices, from several diff diamond dealers. I'm lost.

One guy tells me that a "good cut" is all you need to go for. Others on the board tell you to go excellent/ideal cuts.(most important. I live in Toronto. Looks like most of the diamonds are certified by Gem Scan.(Scam)

Can I trust Gem Scan or do I have to get depth/table etc. info. and plug info into HCA. Did that with te first diamond below and it came up with a 3.9.(Worth buying if price is right) Does the price look right? Canadian Dollars.?

1. Very Good Cut(Gem Scan) G, 1.2, si1, $8600 CND
Depth - 62.8, Crown - 34.5, Pavillion - 41.4, Table - 55.60, Girdle Slightly thick, Cutlet - very small

Others I am considering, which one wouly you go for?

Cut Colour Weight Clarity Price Canadian $
Ideal G 1 SI1 $6,650.00
Good G 1.06 SI1 $6,700.00
Good H 1.11 SI2 $5,900.00
Good G 1.05 SI2 $5,700.00

Thanks for all your help. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

bobby

Rough_Rock
Diamond will be set on Plat. :errrr:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Bobby--if you can, get the crown and pavilion angles for the other diamonds you are considering as well. Then you can at least compare the HCA results for all 4 against each other to help with your final decision.

Also, run your specs through Pricescope's finder on the main page, and see what diamonds in the same range (color/clarity/depth/table) are going for in US dollars, then convert the $$ to Canadian and you will be able to see if you are getting a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results