Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

This is nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bobby

Rough_Rock
I have several diff prices, from several diff diamond dealers. I'm lost.

One guy tells me that a "good cut" is all you need to go for. Others on the board tell you to go excellent/ideal cuts.(most important. I live in Toronto. Looks like most of the diamonds are certified by Gem Scan.(Scam)

Can I trust Gem Scan or do I have to get depth/table etc. info. and plug info into HCA. Did that with te first diamond below and it came up with a 3.9.(Worth buying if price is right) Does the price look right? Canadian Dollars.?

1. Very Good Cut(Gem Scan) G, 1.2, si1, $8600 CND
Depth - 62.8, Crown - 34.5, Pavillion - 41.4, Table - 55.60, Girdle Slightly thick, Cutlet - very small

Others I am considering, which one wouly you go for?

Cut Colour Weight Clarity Price Canadian $
Ideal G 1 SI1 $6,650.00
Good G 1.06 SI1 $6,700.00
Good H 1.11 SI2 $5,900.00
Good G 1.05 SI2 $5,700.00

Thanks for all your help. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Bobby--if you can, get the crown and pavilion angles for the other diamonds you are considering as well. Then you can at least compare the HCA results for all 4 against each other to help with your final decision.

Also, run your specs through Pricescope's finder on the main page, and see what diamonds in the same range (color/clarity/depth/table) are going for in US dollars, then convert the $$ to Canadian and you will be able to see if you are getting a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.