shape
carat
color
clarity

this could be my future engagement ring!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
That''s an incredible ring!!! I hope it''s yours soon!
11.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all the compliments ladies!
9.gif
BF and i are planning to go to my mom's store again soon. he really wants to see the ring in person, and i can't wait to try it on again.
27.gif
she also showed me some platinum diamond bands that she saved for me as wedding band choices. although all i could think when i saw those bands was "oh man! those would make awesome stackers!!!" i'm also curious as to what other options my mom has as well. when i was little, she used to show me several different rings and loose stones that she said she would "save" for me. i know they're hiding in that big and glorious safe of hers.

ok, before i get flamed for seemingly turning my nose up at the 3-stone ring, let me share a little background info. BF and i have been talking about getting engaged for about a year now, and he's been saving up for a while. financial situations have been the main reason for the hold up. my mom's store has pretty much been the only place we've gone to look for rings, with the exception of a few other stores for setting ideas. she has never showed me this particular ring before, and it's because my mom just forgets about certain items that she has. she's been collecting jewelry ever since i can remember, and she's constantly adding new pieces to her store's inventory. i will say that i've tried on a lot of different rings from my mom, but this one in particular just stood out. it doesn't stop my curiosity of what else she's got though.
2.gif

Pushin40 - i think this is my #1 now. so far, it's actually been the only ring i've tried on that made me go
30.gif
18.gif
. then again, i've always told BF that my dream stone is an antique cushion, so he's a little confused about what i want at the moment.

EC Sparkler - you MUST post some pics of your ring too! i'd love to see it! what kind of wedding band do you have?

here's another ring i tried on a little while ago with my e-band just for fun:

3.11 ct radiant M VS1 in 18k white gold .60ctw halo/pave setting - radiants aren't my favorite since i'm not a big fan of the "crushed ice" look, and i'm pretty sure it's out of BF's budget. don't get me wrong though, i seriously drool whenever i see it, but i can't realistically see myself wearing it everyday. i don't know, maybe if it was in a different setting...although that setting is gorgeous. arrgghh! no wonder BF is so confused about my ring preferences!

viprcband.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
That 3 carat radiant has me drooling..

LOVE IT!
30.gif

Cartwheel

Rough_Rock
That radiant is YUMMY!

EC Sparkler

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 10:07:51 PM
Author: vip0802
thanks for all the compliments ladies!
9.gif
BF and i are planning to go to my mom''s store again soon. he really wants to see the ring in person, and i can''t wait to try it on again.
27.gif
she also showed me some platinum diamond bands that she saved for me as wedding band choices. although all i could think when i saw those bands was ''oh man! those would make awesome stackers!!!'' i''m also curious as to what other options my mom has as well. when i was little, she used to show me several different rings and loose stones that she said she would ''save'' for me. i know they''re hiding in that big and glorious safe of hers.

ok, before i get flamed for seemingly turning my nose up at the 3-stone ring, let me share a little background info. BF and i have been talking about getting engaged for about a year now, and he''s been saving up for a while. financial situations have been the main reason for the hold up. my mom''s store has pretty much been the only place we''ve gone to look for rings, with the exception of a few other stores for setting ideas. she has never showed me this particular ring before, and it''s because my mom just forgets about certain items that she has. she''s been collecting jewelry ever since i can remember, and she''s constantly adding new pieces to her store''s inventory. i will say that i''ve tried on a lot of different rings from my mom, but this one in particular just stood out. it doesn''t stop my curiosity of what else she''s got though.
2.gif

Pushin40 - i think this is my #1 now. so far, it''s actually been the only ring i''ve tried on that made me go
30.gif
18.gif
. then again, i''ve always told BF that my dream stone is an antique cushion, so he''s a little confused about what i want at the moment.

EC Sparkler - you MUST post some pics of your ring too! i''d love to see it! what kind of wedding band do you have?

here''s another ring i tried on a little while ago with my e-band just for fun:

3.11 ct radiant M VS1 in 18k white gold .60ctw halo/pave setting - radiants aren''t my favorite since i''m not a big fan of the ''crushed ice'' look, and i''m pretty sure it''s out of BF''s budget. don''t get me wrong though, i seriously drool whenever i see it, but i can''t realistically see myself wearing it everyday. i don''t know, maybe if it was in a different setting...although that setting is gorgeous. arrgghh! no wonder BF is so confused about my ring preferences!

Unfortunately I''m not at home right now, so I can''t post any pics, but I''ll be sure to put some up as soon as I have a chance. My stones are not nearly as large as the ring you are eyeing up, but they are definitely high quality & my ring size is 4.5, so it works! - I''ll post w/ specs later on. My wedding band is a thin band with some tiny channel set round diamonds. It actually complements my E-ring very well! Hope you are closer to reaching a decision!
26.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 9:15:43 AM
Author: EC Sparkler

Unfortunately I''m not at home right now, so I can''t post any pics, but I''ll be sure to put some up as soon as I have a chance. My stones are not nearly as large as the ring you are eyeing up, but they are definitely high quality & my ring size is 4.5, so it works! - I''ll post w/ specs later on. My wedding band is a thin band with some tiny channel set round diamonds. It actually complements my E-ring very well! Hope you are closer to reaching a decision!
26.gif

your set sounds lovely and i can''t wait to see pics!

i haven''t made a decision yet, but i''m not too worried about it since BF is still saving up and it''s not like the ring is going anywhere. i will say that i haven''t been able to stop thinking about it though! i can''t wait until we''re able to go back to the store and look at it again.
31.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
That looks absolutely perfect on your hand. I hope you get it!

ETA: My comment was in reference to the 3 stone ring. Although the radiant looks very pretty too.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I''m soo jealous! I wish my parents had a jewelry store too so I could just check out all those beautiful rings!!! I love the three stone ECs on you! But if there are other contenders, I''m pretty sure we''ld love to see them on here too!!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i visited my mom again today, and she wanted to show me a couple of other rings to consider. 1st one is a .98ct antique cushion (you know, my dream stone) I color VS1, and it's in an antique 18k white gold split shank setting. i know it's not everyone's taste, but i'm loving that open culet!

vipcushion.jpg

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
:O WHERE is your mom''s shop? that piece certainly isn''t something you see every day

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a hand shot:

vipcushionhand.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
the 2nd is a 1.5 EC E color VVS1. i''m not too fond of the setting, but the stone is TDF! here''s a comparison pic with the other 3-stone:

vipeccomp2.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
for fun, here are some platinum stacker bands that i could use as wedding rings. although these are round stones, my mom also has some square cuts that she could make into channel set bands if i went with the 3-stone. i LOVE the stacked look!

vipecstack.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
my mom likes stacking her rings too.
30.gif
here''s a shot of our hands:

and BF wonders where i get my taste in jewelry...

vipmomset2.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
so what do you guys think?

i mean the cushion ring is literally the ring i''ve dreamt of: an antique cushion in a split shank setting. however, i think my heart is set on the 3-stone EC. i really liked the 1.5 ct EC too, but it didn''t "speak" to me like the 3-stone did.

suchende - unfortunately, it''s against PS policy for me to tell you about my mom''s shop. i''m basically just sharing some pics to get some opinions on my engagement ring options. but yes, that ring really is something i have never seen before!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 12:07:09 AM
Author: vip0802
so what do you guys think?

i mean the cushion ring is literally the ring i''ve dreamt of: an antique cushion in a split shank setting. however, i think my heart is set on the 3-stone EC. i really liked the 1.5 ct EC too, but it didn''t ''speak'' to me like the 3-stone did.

suchende - unfortunately, it''s against PS policy for me to tell you about my mom''s shop. i''m basically just sharing some pics to get some opinions on my engagement ring options. but yes, that ring really is something i have never seen before!
I wasn''t too impressed with the cushion ring on your finger. It''s a beautiful ring and I love the look, but it just didn''t make me go
30.gif
when it was on your finger. It could be the finger coverage. As for the 1.5 EC I didn''t like the setting as much, it was just too busy IMHO. If you go for the bigger stone, I think you''d need a simplier setting with maybe baguettes on the sides. The 3-stone is definitely still my first pick for you. It''s classic, great finger coverage, color TDF, and overall gave me the warm fuzzies! I think ECs in general make your finger look skinnier and longer. From your post it looks like you prefer the 3-stone and I second you on that one!
21.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
OOOOOOOO i really like the one with the split shank!!! but i also adore the 3stone... they are two totally different looks.
gorgeous both of them... i wish my mom had a store
31.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing on you!!!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Funny thing is I love me an emerald cut but I LOVE THAT CUSHION! I like unique style rings and I just thing that is so gorgeous!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the input ladies!

i talked about it with BF and we decided to not get the cushion ring. even though i really liked it and thought it was totally beautiful, i wasn''t "in love" with it. after showing BF the pics, he wasn''t overly taken by it either. he said he could tell by gauging my reaction that it just wasn''t the one.

it works out perfectly though, since my mom called to tell me that a young couple was looking at that ring today. they were both totally gushing over the ring, so my mom thinks the BF will be back to get it! i''m so happy for this couple and who knows, maybe she''ll post it on PS!
31.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results