shape
carat
color
clarity

this could be my future engagement ring!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
as some of you may know, BF and i have been in the process of looking for an engagement ring. unfortunately, he won''t let me in on his budget but thankfully, my mom has a jewelry shop so the are tons of possibilities to choose from. anyway, i was helping out my mom at her jewelry shop today, and i found this ring in her inventory. normally, i like cuts with a little more brilliance (my dream stone is an antique cushion) but i do have an affinity for EC''s and Asschers. i find that they''re so elegant and classy looking!

i''m not even a big fan of 3-stone rings either, but after trying this on...my heart was a-thumpin''! ALL the stones are D IF.
23.gif
the center is a 1 ct and the sides are .60 ct each, and the setting is platinum. coincidentally, my BF had called the store to see how i was doing, and i casually mentioned the ring to him. he asked to speak with my mom and she made me leave for a minute or so. i got back on the phone and he basically said that it''s within his budget, but he''ll have to see it person. after getting off the phone with him, my mom said he asked about the price and to not worry since she''s giving him a good deal.

i can''t even begin to describe how bright and sparkly (for an EC) it is IRL! i think i''m in love!
30.gif

vipec.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
here's a hand shot:

btw, i found out i'm a ring size 5! for whatever reason, i thought i was a 5.5 all this time since i thought my eternity ring was that size. anyway, just wanted to share that bit of info since i've been stating on PS that i was a 5.5.
3.gif

vipechand.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 11:28:50 PM
Author: vip0802
here's a hand shot:

btw, i found out i'm a size 5! for whatever reason, i thought i was a 5.5 all this time since i thought my eternity ring was that size. anyway, just wanted to share that bit of info since i've been stating on PS that i was a 5.5.
3.gif
OMG! Normally, I'm not too impressed by a diamonds color. Mine's an I and I think she looks like a snowflake. But my oh my, those stones are WHITE! I can appreciate those D's! Dust that you get the ring that you (and BF) loves!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
that looks gorgeous on your hand!!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 11:34:54 PM
Author: jaylex

OMG! Normally, I''m not too impressed by a diamonds color. Mine''s an I and I think she looks like a snowflake. But my oh my, those stones are WHITE! I can appreciate those D''s! Dust that you get the ring that you (and BF) loves!

i''m the exact same way!!! i''m not very color sensitive to begin with and i prefer cut and clarity above anything else. in fact, i like diamonds that are warmer in color...especially after looking at loose antique cushions around the H-M range. my eternity band is H and i think it''s white too.

i don''t think i''ve ever seen a D stone IRL before so i was just shocked over how white they were. thank you for the dust!!!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
LOVELY!

D IF my gosh! Even my heart is athumping and I''m only looking at a picture!

*DUST* i hope u get that ring, and u MUST post more pics for me pretty please :D

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 11:56:18 PM
Author: cindygenit
LOVELY!

*DUST* i hope u get that ring, and u MUST post more pics for me pretty please :D

thanks for the dust cindy! here are some more hand shots that i took:

vipechand3.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
sorry that last pic was kinda big. the pics aren't the best and the lighting isn't so great either.

vipechand2.jpg

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is gorgeous!! I know what you mean about being bowled over by a ring you didn't really expect to like, congratulations!! It's such a cool feeling!!
9.gif

****DUST****DUST****DUST****!!!!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Woooo, ring fate!

I was the same, I never liked pears and though they were too pointy....untill I tryed one on and fell in love. It was within the budget (well...almost
9.gif
) so he bought it! Still waiting though.

It''s stunning by the way. And because you had such a gut reaction, you won''t ever regret or question your choice because you know you love it!

Yay
36.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 12:05:49 AM
Author: vip0802

Date: 8/4/2009 11:56:18 PM
Author: cindygenit
LOVELY!

thanks for the dust cindy! here are some more hand shots that i took:
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
3 stone EC yummyness!!!

EC is one of my fave cuts... and you *might* get 3 of them in the best colour and clarity!!! SO jealous of your future maybe e-ring!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one hell of a ring!
30.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Now here''s some ********DUST********* so hopefully those sparklies are on your finger in the near future!!!!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely gorgeous.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s pure perfection - go for it!!
36.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
A woman I work with has the exact ring and I am always enamored with it each time we chat. It is amazingly beautiful and elegant!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Umm.... wow. That is gorgeous. Just gorgeous!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Oh my that is one pretty ring!
6.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgoeus ring
30.gif
30.gif
, Dust Dust Dust
36.gif
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 6:55:00 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Wow, that is one hell of a ring!
30.gif
Ditto! Damn!!
30.gif
30.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
VIP - I''m not always a huge fan of EC''s... but that ring is TDF!!!
***DUST*** That it all works out for you
9.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Yowza that ring is a big stunna! Seriously, your Mom has a jewelry store? I''m totally up for adoption!

Congrats, I hope this is it for you!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
O...M...G!

KILLER ring! and its flawless...wow!

Man I wish my mom had a jewelery store!

I hope you get it! Is this now your #1 choice?

EC Sparkler

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! I have a 3 stone emerald cut ring myself and I just love it, I get compliments all the time on it''s beauty! Those are such excellent quality as well! I hope you get it!
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a stunner that one is!!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is very sparkly!
1.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Love it.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I think I might be in love, too! I''m sure that''d make my heart start a-thumpin'' too!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWW

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh I love it!!! I hope you get it (and the proposal!!!) soon because it''s GORGEOUS and it looks so good on your hand!!!! ***DUST***

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Looks great on you :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results