shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking too much....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
Please give me your valuable opinion once again. Even though I think I''ve found the princess cut of my dreams and I''ve found this forum to be invaluable, I do tend to second guess myself after I''ve spent a little time here. I keep hearing that a good rule of thumb, but not always, is for the depth and table of a princess to be close in %. My table is considerably bigger than my depth and my girdle is thin. I would hate to have a ring that I''ll wear everyday be easily chipped or cracked. It''s not set in a ring yet. I was waiting to see if it faces up well in the setting before I decide. I went to Gem Appraisers and without the crown % I had difficulty checking the cut but when I used several possible % (guesswork) the cut came out to be the high end of average. Are there any ideal cut princesses? What do you think of this one? Here are the stats.

2.51 Carats
depth 64.8%
Table 74%
P&S VG, VG
VS2
F
Culet none
Girdle Ex thin to medium
Meas. 7.93 x 7.78 x 5.04

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
There is no such thing as an Ideal cut Princess diamond, at this point. Just specs you can screen by to look for the better performers. From there, it''s down to visual inspection.

That diamond might tend toward looking a bit washed out. Shallower cuts with larger tables tend to do that.

Ask the Vendor for the information you need to crunch the DIY at Gem Appraisers. Maybe get light performance info (Ideal Scope, etc.) and Sarin as well.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results