shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking about a pendant

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
When I was browing if there any good Black Friday deal, I came cross with floating pendant. There is a review photo of 1.65ct with 20” chain caught my eyes. I think I want something like that for my birthday.
I want to find GCAL 8x because I already have super ideal cut pendant in 0.9ct. ( yes, I want upgrade for pendent too) I need to find the stone with crazy sparkle so that I won’t feel I downgrade my pendant.

I found this one but I am not sure about yellow cycle part, is that light leakage?
@DejaWiz @Kim N, could you take a look for me? Or any other better suggestion?

I have already decide to have DK to set my stone, so doesn’t matter what site I got it from as long they have easy return policy.
my budget is within $2500 ( can push to $2600 max)

Thank you!

btw, a small update for my ring. I am waiting for the resin since I made some adjustments. I will update once I receive the ring.

$2440

5414E111-11A9-44FF-9A00-65A0FED8A706.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It's perfect...nothing to worry about!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was browing if there any good Black Friday deal, I came cross with floating pendant. There is a review photo of 1.65ct with 20” chain caught my eyes. I think I want something like that for my birthday.
I want to find GCAL 8x because I already have super ideal cut pendant in 0.9ct. ( yes, I want upgrade for pendent too) I need to find the stone with crazy sparkle so that I won’t feel I downgrade my pendant.

I found this one but I am not sure about yellow cycle part, is that light leakage?
@DejaWiz @Kim N, could you take a look for me? Or any other better suggestion?

I have already decide to have DK to set my stone, so doesn’t matter what site I got it from as long they have easy return policy.
my budget is within $2500 ( can push to $2600 max)

Thank you!

btw, a small update for my ring. I am waiting for the resin since I made some adjustments. I will update once I receive the ring.

$2440

5414E111-11A9-44FF-9A00-65A0FED8A706.jpeg

That's just a bit of external light getting into the scope.

Here's one more option for $2475 Black Friday price, but the E VS2 seems like a better combo.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
That's just a bit of external light getting into the scope.
oh, so that’s just light setting into the scope. New thing learned!

Here's one more option for $2475 Black Friday price, but the E VS2 seems like a better combo.

Thanks Kim! I actually saw this one from other post. I love this stone too, and price with Black Friday deal is so good. Maybe I should take this one? What do you think?
@DejaWiz could i also have your inputs?
thank you guys!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, so that’s just light setting into the scope. New thing learned!

Thanks Kim! I actually saw this one from other post. I love this stone too, and price with Black Friday deal is so good. Maybe I should take this one? What do you think?
@DejaWiz could i also have your inputs?
thank you guys!

The E looks as clean as the F to my eyes, so I'd pick the E in this case, plus it's marginally cheaper.

Very exciting that you're getting both a ring and pendant upgrade!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
E since it does save a few bucks and you get a color grade bump. :)

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Calling @DejaWiz @Kim N

Can I have another opinion please? I found these 2 stones. It’s in the size range I really wanted but price is a bit higher than my own set budge. But it’s the best price I can find in 1.85ct range HPHT GCAL 8x.

1.86D vs2 $2800

1.83D vs2 $2760

What do you think? Do you see they worth for $360 more?
I am thinking since I won't upgrade my pendant anymore, I must do it right. But are those stones really a better choice? Size wise yes, but how about performance? Base on scintillation, the original 1.74ct seems better?

I keep thinking that I might just over thinking. They might just look not much different and not worth to paying more.

I value your opinions very much. Please give me some advice so that I can shut my mind, thank You!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Extreme nitpicking: the 1.86D seems to have the slight advantage, based on the brilliance diagrams.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling @DejaWiz @Kim N

Can I have another opinion please? I found these 2 stones. It’s in the size range I really wanted but price is a bit higher than my own set budge. But it’s the best price I can find in 1.85ct range HPHT GCAL 8x.

1.86D vs2 $2800

1.83D vs2 $2760

What do you think? Do you see they worth for $360 more?
I am thinking since I won't upgrade my pendant anymore, I must do it right. But are those stones really a better choice? Size wise yes, but how about performance? Base on scintillation, the original 1.74ct seems better?

I keep thinking that I might just over thinking. They might just look not much different and not worth to paying more.

I value your opinions very much. Please give me some advice so that I can shut my mind, thank You!

For a pendant, I don't think it's worth it to pay $360 more. If it were for a ring, I'd tell you the 1.83 with its 34.5/40.8 and 56% table makes my heart sing. But the E is beautiful and not inconsiderably cheaper, and you would be very hard pressed to tell the difference between the E and either of the Ds.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also wanted to add, the 1.86 is 0.16mm larger than the E. This is a little under the size difference which most eyes can discern.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
For a pendant, I don't think it's worth it to pay $360 more. If it were for a ring, I'd tell you the 1.83 with its 34.5/40.8 and 56% table makes my heart sing. But the E is beautiful and not inconsiderably cheaper, and you would be very hard pressed to tell the difference between the E and either of the Ds.

Thank you Kim! You just answer all my questions! I will stop over thinking and waiting for my E to arrive!

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Extreme nitpicking: the 1.86D seems to have the slight advantage, based on the brilliance diagrams.

Both of them are so pretty! 1.83 has best combo but somehow 1.86 performance a bit better base on GCAL repot? But thank you for reviewing these stone, Kim answered all my doubts. I will stick with my original choice.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of them are so pretty! 1.83 has best combo but somehow 1.86 performance a bit better base on GCAL repot? But thank you for reviewing these stone, Kim answered all my doubts. I will stick with my original choice.

I'm excited for you!

Shall we help you upgrade your earrings next? :lol:

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
I'm excited for you!

Shall we help you upgrade your earrings next? :lol:
OMG! How do you know! But it will be next year project I think ( oh wait, next month is next year already )

Btw, I saw this stone that you or DeJaWiz picked from other post. The price went down so much to even lower than my 1.74E, so I also placed order on that stone too
1.74E was $2440 and 1.78E was $2390.

I purchase ASET kit and I will do comparison video. Will need you and @DejaWiz help very soon! Thank you!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
OMG! How do you know! But it will be next year project I think ( oh wait, next month is next year already )

Btw, I saw this stone that you or DeJaWiz picked from other post. The price went down so much to even lower than my 1.74E, so I also placed order on that stone too
1.74E was $2440 and 1.78E was $2390.

I purchase ASET kit and I will do comparison video. Will need you and @DejaWiz help very soon! Thank you!

Gorgeous diamond!
Just holler when you need us and we'll jump back in!

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous diamond!
Just holler when you need us and we'll jump back in!

Thank you! The stone picked by you or Kim would never goes wrong! I should receive both of stone next week! Will update soon

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
@Kim N @DejaWiz please help me decide which stone I should keep

I purchased another stone for compare because it was a bit cheaper and large. I have already returned the 1.74E because 1.74E and 1.78E were like twin, both preformed equally so I kept the cheaper 1.78E.

I was going to cancel the 1.84F since I like the 1.78E very much. But since it was delivered, I wanted to compare and need to decide which one I should keep, HTHP or CVD? basically, 1.84 is $75 less than 1.78E, and size wise is hard to tell different.

here is the video for both stone, I will take some more video in the morning. Please tell me which one you feel more, one with white tape or no tape
Thank you

1.84F

1.78 E

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I purchased another stone for compare because it was a bit cheaper and large. I have already returned the 1.74E because 1.74E and 1.78E were like twin, both preformed equally so I kept the cheaper 1.78E.

I was going to cancel the 1.84F since I like the 1.78E very much. But since it was delivered, I wanted to compare and need to decide which one I should keep, HTHP or CVD? basically, 1.84 is $75 less than 1.78E, and size wise is hard to tell different.

here is the video for both stone, I will take some more video in the morning. Please tell me which one you feel more, one with white tape or no tape
Thank you

1.84F

1.78 E

They are both beautiful stones! I really think you can't go wrong. I like the one with white tape, but I think the lighting is not that flattering to either stone.

I also prefer the HPHT and higher color stone.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Thank you

1.84F

1.78 E

Does the top one appear to have a bit more liveliness in it, or is that just the way this particular video makes them appear?

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
@DejaWiz @Kim N

Here are some more video under sunlight, and close up.
I took videos at same location by switching the stone position to be more fair comparison. Let me know how you think?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Which one is the bottom diamond?

I switch the ring in different video. which one are you asking? one with white tape or one without tape?
I switch ring location because I feel upper one would go darker in the sunlight, so be fair, I took 2 videos and switch the ring up and down.

and here is another video near window. Same like other videos, I switch rings, so let me know which one you prefer more? with white tape or without.
Thanks

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I switch the ring in different video. which one are you asking? one with white tape or one without tape?

and here is another video near window. Same like other videos, I switch rings, so let me know which one you prefer more? with white tape or without.
Thanks

Does the one without the tape seem to have more edge brightness and sparkle to your eyes?

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Does the one without the tape seem to have more edge brightness and sparkle to your eyes?

I have no clue....too hard for me tell. :confused: Please helpo_O
I forget to attach the side view.
tempImageyYz5sG.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I have no clue....too hard for me tell. :confused: Please helpo_O
I forget to attach the side view.
tempImageyYz5sG.png

CVD on the left?

In this video, does the bottom diamond (tape) seem to go cloudy or hazy while in sunlight at all, or is it just the way the camera captured things?

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
CVD on the left?

In this video, does the bottom diamond (tape) seem to go cloudy or hazy while in sunlight at all, or is it just the way the camera captured things?

One with white tape is 1.78E HPHT. I think its just how the camera capture things. If you look at 3rd video which I switch the ring up and down, the bottom ring ( without tape) do the same thing, I think?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
One with white tape is 1.78E HPHT. I think its just how the camera capture things. If you look at 3rd video which I switch the ring up and down, the bottom ring ( without tape) do the same thing, I think?

Yep...I see it now. I watched all of the videos over and over again.
Tough choice!
I'd probably stick with the HPHT.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Yep...I see it now. I watched all of the videos over and over again.
Tough choice!
I'd probably stick with the HPHT.

I think both of them almost preformed equally. HPHT might be better choice, after all I love the 1.78E so much and 1.84F was surprising great performance.
Need another push! @Kim N I feel something missing without your opinion. I need both of your "good to go".

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I think both of them almost preformed equally. HPHT might be better choice, after all I love the 1.78E so much and 1.84F was surprising great performance.
Need another push! @Kim N I feel something missing without your opinion. I need both of your "good to go".

She did. ;-)

They are both beautiful stones! I really think you can't go wrong. I like the one with white tape, but I think the lighting is not that flattering to either stone.

I also prefer the HPHT and higher color stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results