shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking about a 5-stone ... opinions please

EncikG

Shiny_Rock
015524B6-31CF-4C37-A94A-8F5F1568920E.jpeg

I dun have hand shots as I’m contemplating this myself.
Here are the stone sizes and just some ideas..
0.63 (main), 2x 0.52 (inner), 2x 0.42 (outer)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
015524B6-31CF-4C37-A94A-8F5F1568920E.jpeg

I dun have hand shots as I’m contemplating this myself.
Here are the stone sizes and just some ideas..
0.63 (main), 2x 0.52 (inner), 2x 0.42 (outer)

Wow, that is breathtaking! :love:

I think the setting matters more than it simply being a 5 stone. I am very simple with the way I dress, literally jeans, plain tank top and sandals with little makeup every single day and I don’t feel the ring is over the top at all. I think if I had engravings and pave it would have been too much for my style, though. This is, of course, just my opinion.

Thank you; that is pretty much ‘me’ as well. And that’s an excellent point about the setting.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C381DB40-4BA7-4D26-B8D1-534FCD90CDDD.jpeg I literally just did this. I had DK make a 5 stone for me out of my 6.8mm center diamond and bought 2 more WF diamond and used earrings I had. My husband gave me the option to upgrade my diamond but I am very sentimental and couldn't. I decided to turn it into a 5 stone. My measurements are
4.4–5.1–6.8–5.2–4.3
I figured if I need an upgrade in the future I will just upgrade my outer diamonds to 5.5+mm!
FD331FD4-D7F8-413C-808D-C35E2BBE1EA4.jpeg
Apologies to @the_mother_thing for a slight thread jack. JrJ your ring is gorgeous and I was searching for a thread on it. Won’t you please start a SMTB thread? This beauty needs to be shared! :love:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing if you do end up dismantling your Sholdt, and you decide to sell the it, I may be interested (if someone else hasn’t already called “dibs”).

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mayk Her ring really is epic! :love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ya’ll know I’m a sucker for Sholdt ... I stumbled upon their three-stone semi-bezel R627-1D, and love the sleek, fluid simplicity of it. So I wondered how it might look/translate to a 5-stone. :think:

Here’s the R627-1D as-is (Sholdt’s pics):
CF4D8A2B-09C5-4EAB-BF66-8B230DD514DC.jpeg

And here’s my rough mock-up of it as a 5-stone (not to scale with my diamonds, but just for a visual idea):
2D84A3FA-BFC9-4947-AEF3-3739CD9E2903.jpeg

Thoughts?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ya’ll know I’m a sucker for Sholdt ... I stumbled upon their three-stone semi-bezel R627-1D, and love the sleek, fluid simplicity of it. So I wondered how it might look/translate to a 5-stone. :think:

Here’s the R627-1D as-is (Sholdt’s pics):
CF4D8A2B-09C5-4EAB-BF66-8B230DD514DC.jpeg

And here’s my rough mock-up of it as a 5-stone (not to scale with my diamonds, but just for a visual idea):
2D84A3FA-BFC9-4947-AEF3-3739CD9E2903.jpeg

Thoughts?
I actually pulled that up last night to look at it. Would you be able to modify this one like your current Sholdt? I think the bezel being made into tabs makes a really big difference with the light play in your stone (could be wrong... could just be because of pics)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually pulled that up last night to look at it. Would you be able to modify this one like your current Sholdt? I think the bezel being made into tabs makes a really big difference with the light play in your stone (could be wrong... could just be because of pics)

I’m not sure. As-is, it may be hard because there needs to be enough of a ‘wall’ to the side of the 2nd diamonds to allow them to be set securely into the shank on that side, and a cut-out in that area to form the tab prongs may compromise it but I’m not sure. It’d take some discussion with Sholdt.
CAA10DA9-CAF3-4AEC-93F0-0C9C95B99DCB.jpeg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talking more about this idea with hubs, he prefers I hold off changing my MRB ER for now, so this may have to be a ‘longer’-range plan than I was thinking ... dangit! :(2

That doesn’t stop me from thinking about & planning for it in the mean time, though. :twisted2:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing I just wanted to say that I love, love, love your 5 stone idea. You also have the perfect stones for it. I am sorry that your SO doesn’t feel the same way right now about it. I have found that most men are visual & pragmatic creatures, so perhaps show him some lovely 5 stones, explain the possible “savings” vs an upgrade and see there that takes you.

P.S. @JrJ your ring is absolutely mesmerizing! :love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @SimoneDi & @Wewechew The subject came up again last night (the first time we talked about it was more a quick ‘in-passing’).

I noted that I’d taken an observation of his awhile back to heart about how many rings I have, and that I agreed I have more than I can reasonably wear (more so RHRs) with any regularity; that his observation was - in part - one reason I want to do this 5-stone ring ... to consolidate two pieces I love into one. He seemed to appreciate my logic around that and was more receptive to the idea. I think the first talk of it was perhaps just bad timing as we do have a lot going on. So it isn’t ‘off the table’ by any means. I do want to get my other tycoon diamond ring done first though; this would come afterward sometime.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talking more about this idea with hubs, he prefers I hold off changing my MRB ER for now, so this may have to be a ‘longer’-range plan than I was thinking ... dangit! :(2

That doesn’t stop me from thinking about & planning for it in the mean time, though. :twisted2:
Chiming in to say that I agree with him! You have 2 gorgeous rings as is. I would enjoy them as is for a while and revisit this idea years down the road.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chiming in to say that I agree with him! You have 2 gorgeous rings as is. I would enjoy them as is for a while and revisit this idea years down the road.

I’ve enjoyed the Sholdt for a year, and the three stone for almost four years.

I want to enjoy ALL of the diamonds ... ALL of the time ... ALL together! :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results