shape
carat
color
clarity

Think I’m going with a bezel and halo

Oh here is a question, I plan do have this ring done just like the pendant. Following the original it would have milgrain on the bezel and both sides of the halo with the halo engraved.

Not too much?

Could you ask for them to share a pic of the ring with you before milgrain is added so you could see what it looks like?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s going to look so gorgeous! I’m excited for you!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I'm very excited for you!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see it!! E3B53094-87A6-43C3-B146-4CC3C9748F65.gif 38B71898-3CAB-42F5-84AE-6D75D7C7FA46.gif Hehe

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Progress! So how much longer do I have to wait to see this beauty on your finger!

Oh, and did you neighbor ever catch their dog?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Progress! So how much longer do I have to wait to see this beauty on your finger!

Oh, and did you neighbor ever catch their dog?

Not sure, I have to send him my diamond and then the magic can start. I’ve asked for a label so hopefully I hear back soon!

I believe they did catch the dog that day actually which is great because we live on a pretty busy street. Not at all
safe for doggies to run around.

Not sure, I have to send him my diamond and then the magic can start. I’ve asked for a label so hopefully I hear back soon!

I believe they did catch the dog that day actually which is great because we live on a pretty busy street. Not at all
safe for doggies to run around.

Just chiming in to say I'm soooo relieved to hear the doggo was reunited with its owner(s)!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a label!!! It’s getting real now, not going to lie, a little terrified to send a diamond through the mail but I’ve let my fear hold me back a long time.

Tomorrow I’ll find a box then off to UPS.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mailed my ring to David this morning. He sent me the final cad yesterday, the only change is the diameter of the halo. When he added the airline before, he made the halo smaller, so I just asked him to change the size of the halo back to its original size and keep the airline.

With this change the diameter of the ring is going from 12mm to 13.20!

And now we wait.....

A7F87B5D-7326-49BD-A49C-0DE85F2EAAD3.jpeg

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Mailed my ring to David this morning. He sent me the final cad yesterday, the only change is the diameter of the halo. When he added the airline before, he made the halo smaller, so I just asked him to change the size of the halo back to its original size and keep the airline.

With this change the diameter of the ring is going from 12mm to 13.20!

And now we wait.....

A7F87B5D-7326-49BD-A49C-0DE85F2EAAD3.jpeg

Fingerrrrrr coverragggggge bonanza!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know how folks do this over and over, all day checking to see if my ring arrived there safely and then I see this.

Im sure it will be fine but I am a bundle of nerves!

D8AB9D48-936D-499E-BBA9-0C08BA7E4BBE.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must be on pins and needles!
About how long will it take to get the finished ring?

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know how folks do this over and over, all day checking to see if my ring arrived there safely and then I see this.

Im sure it will be fine but I am a bundle of nerves!

D8AB9D48-936D-499E-BBA9-0C08BA7E4BBE.jpeg

What! That’s weird that it didn’t get delivered.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea @stracci2000 but based on timelines for other people’s projects, maybe a month.

@Spring Day I’m especially stressed out now that this is apparently unusual. I am just hoping it gets delivered today without issue. It is insured but still...

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
No idea @stracci2000 but based on timelines for other people’s projects, maybe a month.

@Spring Day I’m especially stressed out now that this is apparently unusual. I am just hoping it gets delivered today without issue. It is insured but still...

Did it get delivered today? I was surprised because it’s not USPS but UPS. We all know USPS is unreliable but UPS is almost never late.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did it get delivered today? I was surprised because it’s not USPS but UPS. We all know USPS is unreliable but UPS is almost never late.

It did! I actually didn’t get confirmation from David that he had it until this morning with the time difference. Thanks for checking back, I’ve been such a wreck that I started painting my living room to keep occupied!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got an email from David that he removed the diamond and it weighs......1.18! Awesome because it was sold to me as 1.10, so that was a nice surprise.

I hope I’m not be annoying with my little updates!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got an email from David that he removed the diamond and it weighs......1.18! Awesome because it was sold to me as 1.10, so that was a nice surprise.

I’m so excited for you @YadaYadaYada..I keep checking for updates!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so excited for you @YadaYadaYada..I keep checking for updates!

Aw thanks, I’m am very excited and not great at being patient! I’ve just been trying to stay busy and figure the time will go by faster that way.

I know you have done lots of projects with David, honestly I don’t know how you do it. Between mailing a diamond across the country and hoping it gets there and then waiting for the project to be done, and doing this multiple times. Maybe I just need to start drinking wine lol!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock

Oh yay! What a wonderful surprise! And bring on the updates! I'm enjoying them!

Did you find out how long the wait is? Or better yet, how many bottles of wine you'll end up consuming? If it helps, Costco has a huge ass bottle of cabernet for cheap if you're not a connoisseur of fine wines. Or! You can get their big ass bottle of grey goose. Just mix it with a little pineapple juice and you're good to go. Or better yet, make some Moscow Mules. Mmmmm... yummmm...

ron-swanson-drunk-gif.gif

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Spring Day, I get the biggest kick out of your posts, like a serious chuckle every time I read one.

No timeline as I haven’t asked because I don’t want to be annoying. Will need to have a cocktail though, maybe this weekend. I am not a big drinker so it doesn’t take much.

Good news is that my living room is done, new paint is so wonderful, makes everything look cleaner. Next we move on to the bathroom, I’ll be glad when it is all done.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
@Spring Day, I get the biggest kick out of your posts, like a serious chuckle every time I read one.

No timeline as I haven’t asked because I don’t want to be annoying. Will need to have a cocktail though, maybe this weekend. I am not a big drinker so it doesn’t take much.

Good news is that my living room is done, new paint is so wonderful, makes everything look cleaner. Next we move on to the bathroom, I’ll be glad when it is all done.

When you’re done, my bedroom needs a fresh coat of paint. So... whenever you have time. No rush. But I am going from a dark color to a cream so.... good luck.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw thanks, I’m am very excited and not great at being patient! I’ve just been trying to stay busy and figure the time will go by faster that way.

I know you have done lots of projects with David, honestly I don’t know how you do it. Between mailing a diamond across the country and hoping it gets there and then waiting for the project to be done, and doing this multiple times. Maybe I just need to start drinking wine lol!

It’s nerve wracking sometimes..but also exciting. Now I just send things off and not really worry about it. I just try to put it out of my mind. It sometimes takes
longer than a month. I try not to count the days and be patient. It doesn’t always work. lol

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Spring Day, that is a pain having to paint over a dark color. Ironically I just painted all our walls a vanilla color, it’s really pretty and the paint is the best I’ve used yet. It’s Sherwin Williams, pricey but worth it.

@MamaBee how many projects have you done with David? Is he always super easy going? He has been so great even when I completely changed directions twice.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Spring Day, that is a pain having to paint over a dark color. Ironically I just painted all our walls a vanilla color, it’s really pretty and the paint is the best I’ve used yet. It’s Sherwin Williams, pricey but worth it.

@MamaBee how many projects have you done with David? Is he always super easy going? He has been so great even when I completely changed directions twice.

@YadaYadaYada I’ve done so many I can’t remember to be honest. I would have to go back in my Paypal account to count them all.
David is always patient and kind. He’s very easy going. I apologize for probably making him crazy but he never makes me feel like I’m a PITA which I can be.
I must have repeated a million times that I want my baguettes to be the same width as the shoulders with little metal showing. I make myself crazy..haha

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock

We just did our cabinets with Sherwin Williams during their 40% off sale! Amazing paint! Our cabinets were these old mud brown color and we chose to paint them a navy blue with rose gold/copper pulls. The paint dried without any bubbles or brush marks!

Do you like the vanilla color you chose? I feel like that shade is even harder to decide than a darker color.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Spring Day, that is awesome 40% is a great sale and navy cabinets sound like a vast improvement. I’m actually going to get more of the same color for our hallway. I just painted it last year but with a lower quality paint and you can already see the wear.

Funny thing is the vanilla color was based on a paint swatch from a different brand. They were able to match it perfectly. I’ll post a picture tomorrow in the daylight so you can see, I really love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results