shape
carat
color
clarity

Things you hate to clean

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to try the magic erasers on my tile! If they work on grout, they''ll probably work on the tile face too....Do you think the eraser will take the gloss off the tiles though?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 9:54:20 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 3/2/2009 9:45:41 AM
Author: CJ2008

Date: 3/2/2009 9:23:22 AM

Date: 3/2/2009 9:05:57 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/2/2009 8:27:02 AM

Date: 3/1/2009 8:46:17 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 3/1/2009 6:58:01 PM
Everything? Ok, if I have to pick.

The boys bathroom.

*shivers*
yeah that one would make me shiver too!!! lol Hubs cleans his own bathroom thank goodness.

I hate folding and putting away laundry. dusting.
I tried that. I finally caved when the ick factor got too high. Maybe I should trade him dinner for a bathroom cleaning.
9.gif
Works for me!
9.gif
Hah! I can see it now: You want to eat? Go clean your toilet.
2.gif

Oh - and for all you folks with grout - use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works so well!!!
Really? I never thought of trying the Magic Eraser on that! And I use them for so many things! Thanks!

ETA: OK - I got excited about this until I realized I would have to go in between each tile, each nook, to clean all the grout...not so excited anymore...
I know.... but it''s actually less elbow grease than using a scrub brush.
Yeah, there''s really no way around cleaning grout other than some kind of elbow grease...and even then it doesn''t come out perfect, that''s what kills me.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything! Showers, mopping, kitty litter and taking out the trash are the worst.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 10:07:52 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I have to try the magic erasers on my tile! If they work on grout, they''ll probably work on the tile face too....Do you think the eraser will take the gloss off the tiles though?
I think you have to be careful with those magic erasers...I used them to clean scuff marks on the walls, doors, and tile floors, and sometimes I notice the spot where I used them...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 10:07:22 AM

Date: 3/2/2009 10:01:47 AM

Date: 3/2/2009 9:45:41 AM

Really? I never thought of trying the Magic Eraser on that! And I use them for so many things! Thanks!

ETA: OK - I got excited about this until I realized I would have to go in between each tile, each nook, to clean all the grout...not so excited anymore...
What are you talking about, grout is NEVER exciting.
9.gif
14.gif
hahaahah you''re right! For a few seconds there I visualized all my grout perfectly clean and white...forgot about the work part haha
lol It IS nice to look at though, once you''re all done.
2.gif
Of course, that goes for anything, it''s just getting there.
40.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on floors - so much work and they never really seem clean to me.

Also, the shower, but that''s because I had a nasty fall while doing it about a year ago, and had to walk around all over bruises for three weeks
14.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 10:30:12 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
Ditto on floors - so much work and they never really seem clean to me.

Also, the shower, but that''s because I had a nasty fall while doing it about a year ago, and had to walk around all over bruises for three weeks
14.gif
OUCH!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
My food processor. I hate taking all the bits out and having to wash them.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t really mind cleaning anything, I just hate hate HATE clearing/putting away. My apartment is always cluttered but clean (not DIRTY, just messy). We''ve considered, in the past, having someone come clean for us... but they most often only do the actual cleaning part (which I don''t even mind doing myself), not the clearing/putting away part.

We still have boxes of wedding stuff (wedding was last October) that are sitting in our living room. UGH.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate all cleaning equally, really! (Although for some reason I don''t mind doing laundry at all...although I''m not a very neat folder.)

My fiance does 90% of it, probably mostly because I do the chore he hates the most: the litter box!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 7:56:37 AM
Date: 3/1/2009 8:10:06 PM

Author: TheBigT

1. The George Foreman grill (even though the plates are detachable). It''s just so hard to get into the little crevices.

2. The window blinds. They get so dusty, and we don''t have a special blind-cleaning brush so I improvise with either a dustcloth or feather duster, but nothing works very well. So frustrating!

I didn''t know the plates were detachable! I used it just yesterday and sat there with like 20 paper towels until I got every last bit of grease off!

Not all of them are -- just certain models. You''d know if yours were!!
But even when I had the model without detachable plates, I''d put the sucker in the sink and scrub at it with soap & water (I know, you''re not supposed to, but I couldn''t help it). Also, the darn thing NEVER stops smelling of meat! Ugh, it''s a great invention, but it drives me freakin'' NUTS.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 1:42:22 PM

1. The George Foreman grill (even though the plates are detachable). It''s just so hard to get into the little crevices.

2. The window blinds. They get so dusty, and we don''t have a special blind-cleaning brush so I improvise with either a dustcloth or feather duster, but nothing works very well. So frustrating!

I didn''t know the plates were detachable! I used it just yesterday and sat there with like 20 paper towels until I got every last bit of grease off!

But even when I had the model without detachable plates, I''d put the sucker in the sink and scrub at it with soap & water (I know, you''re not supposed to, but I couldn''t help it). Also, the darn thing NEVER stops smelling of meat! Ugh, it''s a great invention, but it drives me freakin'' NUTS.
I heat mine back up for 2 minutes and just clean with a slightly damp paper towel. Works great!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 1:42:22 PM

haahahah so true!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
(Shiver)

I don''t mind cleaning unless I am in a bad mood. Then all bets are off.

Particular rants are:
Changing the bed sheets.
Hoovering my toes (well I might as well be I hit them with the hoover often enough
29.gif
).
Changing the kitty litter (I now refuse).
Sorting (anything) out.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
I hate cleaning forks. Urgh, little bits of shmutz just stays in there, hate it!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 5:19:50 PM
Author: Steel
(Shiver)

Particular rants are:
Changing the bed sheets.
Hoovering my toes (well I might as well be I hit them with the hoover often enough
29.gif
).
Sorting (anything) out.
OK - you guys are reminding me of everything I hate to do...hate making the bed...mostly putting the fitted sheet on...

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
toilet.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 6:49:25 PM

Date: 3/2/2009 5:19:50 PM
Author: Steel
(Shiver)

Particular rants are:
Changing the bed sheets.
29.gif
).
Sorting (anything) out.
OK - you guys are reminding me of everything I hate to do...hate making the bed...mostly putting the fitted sheet on...
IMHO not so much of a fitted sheet as a riddle:

How are you supposed to fold the damn thing?
Why do the corners insist on popping off as soon as you tuck in the opposite corner?

33.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 7:07:45 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
The shower/sink/toilet.. YUCK!

The stove.. I feel like it''s impossible to keep clean.

Dusting, just because of the fact that my house has more built in shelves than I knew possible, so I have to do a LOT of it!

Ditto the dusting!!! I actually love cleaning the bathroom, because I just spray scrubbing bubbles EVERYWHERE and scrub away!! (I don''t have kids yet, so that may change!
2.gif
)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 7:21:29 PM
Author: Tuckins1

Dusting, just because of the fact that my house has more built in shelves than I knew possible, so I have to do a LOT of it!

Ditto the dusting!!! I actually love cleaning the bathroom, because I just spray scrubbing bubbles EVERYWHERE and scrub away!! (I don''t have kids yet, so that may change!
2.gif
)
A few people already mentioned scrubbing bubbles - are they really that great? Better than Scrub Free?

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Crock Pot, Oven & Trash Cans
14.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I also hate cleaning my kitchen pantry. It takes all day. Everything has to come out, shelves to be cleaned
and everything put back in and rearranged. Amazing how much gets thrown out, 3 garbage bags today.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve got one

Plungers that are (poorly) designed so that they HOLD the toilet water inside them after you''re done with them.

I have NO idea whether this design makes them work better or not - but c''mon - that''s really gross, you have to shake the water out of it but you can''t shake all of it out so you end up having to absorb it with a paper towel...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 8:04:57 AM
I''ve got one

Plungers that are (poorly) designed so that they HOLD the toilet water inside them after you''re done with them.

I have NO idea whether this design makes them work better or not - but c''mon - that''s really gross, you have to shake the water out of it but you can''t shake all of it out so you end up having to absorb it with a paper towel...
OMG I have one like that. And it grosses me out every time I use it.
14.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 8:48:55 AM

Date: 3/3/2009 8:04:57 AM
I''ve got one

OMG I have one like that. And it grosses me out every time I use it.
14.gif
Yes - had to use it today, which reminded me I need to get a new one!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 7:33:14 PM
Date: 3/2/2009 7:21:29 PM

Author: Tuckins1

2.gif
)

A few people already mentioned scrubbing bubbles - are they really that great? Better than Scrub Free?

Never heard of scrub free! I''m sure they''re probably similar...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 8:10:47 AM
Author: Lorelei
I hate cleaning my oven.
Ditto! I really love cleaning - I am all about a clean house! But the OVEN is a PITA! Mine is self cleaning but it never gets everything off and I have to clean the racks! Such tedious, time consuming stuff!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost everything!
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I can''t stand cleaning the shower and the bathroom in general. I don''t mind cleaning the rest of the apartment. I actually love doing laundry. I find it very soothing and when it''s done, I feel like I''ve accomplished something!
3.gif

MrsG

Shiny_Rock
Dishes. I HATE doing dishes. I''d rather scrub both toilets, a bathtub and a shower, do (and put away) the laundry, and re-organize everything in my house. I also hate mopping, but I would much rather do that then the dishes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results