shape
carat
color
clarity

Things are very difficult

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond2009

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 11:51:07 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
Diamond2009, I''m sure this is a really difficult time for you. It takes a lot of strength and courage to post-pone or cancel a wedding and it sounds like this is a brave and wise decision to make in this situation.

Even if you go to counseling together (which I think is a great idea if you want to continue with the relationship) he still has to fix his issues. You can''t do that and couples counseling can''t do that.

My DH had to go through a really difficult time on his own (we were totally broken up after 8 years of dating) but he worked through some really dark and difficult things and became the man he always wanted to be but hadn''t been. I think he had to be on his own to work through those things.

It was also much better for me to work through the immense anger that I didn''t realize had been simmering beneath the surface and to get to know myself better (since we''d dated for so long).

I hope that whether you stay together and pursue counseling or break up and pursue your own paths that you can each grow from this experience.

(((HUGS)))

Thank you for your wise words bella

Things are still hard this week as I am still living at our home. I have my sister staying with me this week, wich has been an immense help.

I''m still having difficulty trying to deal with what has to happen for me to take the next step and move it. I have started to arrange some accomodation.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big {{{hugs}}} D2009.

I know this is a very difficult time for you but staying in an unhappy, unfulfilling relationship would be just as painful. Its an
old cliche but time seems to be the best healer for a broken heart. We''re here for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results