shape
carat
color
clarity

Thin halos with 1 pointers....how big of a difference did it make to the overall look of your center

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 12:30:15 PM
Author: whatmeworry
Alj,
Thanks for your inspiration for the halo and having WF make it a stock piece. I just received a twin halo to yours (0.75 ct too!) from WF for my FMIL. The halo makes it look HUGE !
WOO-hoo! we neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed pictures, lady!

LOL

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Would a .50 ct stone be too small to halo?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 8:02:55 PM
Author: Logan Sapphire

Hi logan,

here''s a .50 carat round in a Ritani halo..

07QQ13.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Logan, No way would a .50 ct be too small to halo! Go for it and then show us the pics!

Mrssalvo, Gorgeous pic of the Ritani. What a wonderful enticement for Logan.

You know, I didn''t have much interest in rounds, preferring fancies, but these rounds with halos I''m seeing has me doing a double-take.
26.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 6:17:05 PM
Author: dianne
Treysar, Wow! That side-by-side says it all. It looks amazing....and thanks for the link, too. I feel like I am copy-catting all these halos but I hope everyone will be flattered that I love the look so much.
30.gif
Having a reference to all of your rings is helping me create a setting that will be so different than what is seen in my area. So, while I may be copy-catting on here I may start a new trend here at home. Thanks to you all for being so kind and sharing.
Lol, no copycatting here – we’re just all greatful to be able to get ideas from each other – in truth, the halo is being “copied” from another era. It’s all been done sometime, somewhere!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Logan, it really depends on the look you're going for.....or if you have a strong preference.

When I began planning my halo pendant, my initial plan was to go with a .55 or so center stone. However, I wanted the halo to look fairly thin proportional to the center stone (but I still wanted the stones big enough to show), and I wouldn't have achieved that look if I'd gone with .55.

If you aren't stuck on having the halo appear very thin, comparable to the center, then I'm sure the halo would look fine on the .50 stone. You could also use .007/.008 melee instead of 1-pointers. .007 run about 1 mm; 1-pointers run closer the 1.3mm.

Things that I think would work well on a .50 stone: 1) do prong set instead of bezel set, so you aren't emphasizing the circumference of the center, or 2) milligrain the bezel around the center so it's less substantial looking. As you can see on the picture below, the bezel is somewhat noticeable when it's solid.

75%20halo%20and%20no%20halo.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 8:14:31 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Hi logan,

here''s a .50 carat round in a Ritani halo..

07QQ13.jpg
I think, though, that the melee on this Ritani are .007/.008.

After seeing the difference in Dee Jay''s ring since she had the milligrain done around the traps, I''d absolutely milligrain the bezel to make it more delicate looking.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
My RB is .52 ct and I had a custom setting made with 1-pointers. It looks very delicate and proportioned.

halohand.52.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2007 8:38:57 AM
Author: aljdewey

Logan, it really depends on the look you''re going for.....or if you have a strong preference.

When I began planning my halo pendant, my initial plan was to go with a .55 or so center stone. However, I wanted the halo to look fairly thin proportional to the center stone (but I still wanted the stones big enough to show), and I wouldn''t have achieved that look if I''d gone with .55.

If you aren''t stuck on having the halo appear very thin, comparable to the center, then I''m sure the halo would look fine on the .50 stone. You could also use .007/.008 melee instead of 1-pointers. .007 run about 1 mm; 1-pointers run closer the 1.3mm.

Things that I think would work well on a .50 stone: 1) do prong set instead of bezel set, so you aren''t emphasizing the circumference of the center, or 2) milligrain the bezel around the center so it''s less substantial looking. As you can see on the picture below, the bezel is somewhat noticeable when it''s solid.

75%20halo%20and%20no%20halo.JPG
That''s really helpful information. I think I may have to go with the smaller stones if I halo my oval. I actually like that it would add 2mm plus metal instead of 3mm since I want to double halo it. Once with diamonds and then with a blue stone.

And I don''t want it to end up looking like a cluster pendant.

Thanks

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 3:44:58 PM
Author: metro
My RB is .52 ct and I had a custom setting made with 1-pointers. It looks very delicate and proportioned.
Metro, That is gorgeous! I love it!
3.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Metro I really like the shape of your halo. Very unique.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
THANKS
9.gif

beforeaftermetroring.JPG

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I just love before and after pics.

Metro, It really is and incredible "after". Good for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results