shape
carat
color
clarity

Thin Diamond Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am looking for a thin band diamond band, about 2mm or less would be my prefrence. I would like platnium I am not 100% about four or 6 prongs, but I know that I do like the heads that sit lower to the bands. I dont think I want a halo. Does anyone know where I ought to look? I have seen the Micheal B but the prongs were off to me.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you check Ritani? they have very thin bands and not all of them have the halo?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t find a picture. I really think I want a diamond band and if it is trendy oh well. Has anyone seen something similair to the Micheal B but with more roung prongs? and a lower head?

con17

Rough_Rock
Hey Mat...Daniel K makes one. Is this something like what you''re looking for?

dan.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is soo pretty! Yes that is similair only I dont want a cathedral setting of any king and I will be getting a RB. Still that shank of that one is relly lovely.

con17

Rough_Rock
Ah...actually my ring is not a cathedral setting and similar looking to that. I also have a basket that allows the diamond to sit lower. My diamond isn''t round though...I don''t know if you saw it or not.

JG9

Rough_Rock
The Ritani is beautiful, I picked it for the thin delicate look of the band, and the head is integrated better to the band, I did not like the Michael B one at all for my taste, just 4 prongs coming straight out of the band.

It can be hard to find on their website. there are pics of it in this forum

this link is pics of it - from all the angles.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ritani-rings.22547/

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2005 11:03:52 PM
Author:Matatora

diamond band, 2mm or less

not 100% about 4 or 6 prongs,

heads that sit lower to the bands.

don't want a halo.
Take a look on Mark Morrel's site at the 'Tiffany' and 'Cartier' style settings he does - either is a low-set ring and either can be done with a dainty diamond band.

This is a thin diamond band allright... but the ring is not a low-set one:
image001.jpg

The band could be done on either of the low-set designs below - both classics:

image001.jpg

a low-set six prong; compared to the first one posted, there is no 'metal' between the culet of the diamond and the hand so the stone can seat lower on the hand - the wider basket holding the stone allows this.

and a four prong ring

image004.jpg

Not all designs allow it, but this four prong (basically the simple Cartier design - as it is sometimes called although it wasn't invented by Cartier, just made famous by them ) can be made as low as the height of the diamond allows.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
JG9-wow that one is quite spiffy, I like everything but the diamonds around the underside of the stone...too much for me.I never realized how hard it would be to pick a setting. My SO is going to shoot me. I went to the links ya''ll mentioned (A HUGE THANKS...btw IMO the HTML version makes things easier to find). I like this one, but I cant figure out how wide it is or how high the basket is. I really like the way it goes in and out, scalloped? And I think that the part where there are no stone on the underside is spiffy too so I dont smash them. What do ya''ll think?

rianitcad.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Also the side shot makes it look uncomfy to wear...and the head seems high. And I dont know what size that center is.

sideprongsrmfk.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ana you are the PS Queen! Is there anything you cant find? Wow! I like the first one the prongs are soo pretty! I didnt even realize Mark did such things! Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Contrary to apparences, I hope Mark (or anyone else) doesn't mind the exercise below...
38.gif

mwmcl.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Very kool! How did you do that?!!?

JG9

Rough_Rock
Looking is half the fun!
Re. the Ritani endless love, I actually never noticed that there was diamonds under the head until I saw the close-up pictures. And I had tried it on in the store several times already!

Just go trying in stores, it''ll be easy to see whether a flat-edged band or the scalloped style pic. you show looks better on you. i love about a dozen different styles, but for my lifestyle, the size of my fingers, etc.... oh, and thinking what I''ll still want when I''m "old and grey" ... The flat bands work great for me, and I love that they fit up smooth next to each other.

good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2005 2:38:33 PM
Author: Matatora
Very kool! How did you do that?!!?
Thanks
1.gif

just took bits of the pictures from Mark''s site, tweaked and twisted and pasted them together (= collage). The software was Paint - the default application in Windows, ''cause that all I''ve got here away from home and my usual software treasure trove...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I have gone a few times...unfortunetly sales people seem to be under the impression that I am still in HS...I actually had one woman tell me to come back when I was old enough to date.
20.gif
And unfortunaetly Ritani and many others have their rings set with CZs while they are in the stores. Sure I may like it with a 3.5 center stone but I think I will be getting a 1-1.5 sized stone. The impression throws me off and makes it difficult to determine what it will end up looking like.
Also people are pushy and I tend to get, uh, lets say aggitated when I am treated as if I know absolutely nothing. I asked about the cut of a stone (Artic Ideal) at a store and they told me it was a RB and the one had the nastiest smirk on her face.
20.gif
Lord give me patience. On the upside I do enjoy window shopping I just am one of those people where I have a hard time shopping becuase I dont want to seem rude and I always tell them I am not there to buy that day and for some reason. Any tips?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
You did that in paint? Wow! I am in awe of your skills.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora, one of the last ones you posted reminds me of Lora's rings. She notes that they are 3mm wide though, so maybe too thick for you. I love her rings!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora,

If it''s a thin diamond setting you want, Ritani is the way to go. It''s SOOOOOOOO thin. So thin, I''m telling FI that I will need 2 wedding bands to sandwich in my e-ring to feel safe.
2.gif
11.gif

Here''s a pic. The band is under 2mm. More like 1.6/1.7mm.

ritanisetting1.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
RMS- I like her rings except that they are a bit wide for my taste and I don''t want a bezel setting.
Morticia-I do like that ring but the underside of it bothers me...not sure why just not for me. I am going to try and drag someone to go look at rings with me next weekend.
Has anyone ever tried contacting Ritani for information? How long do they typically take to reply?

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one of my e-rings, tension set with a thin band that''s about 2mm and tapers. The center stone is 1.1 ct. I will also attach a side view.

TensionRing.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the side view.

TensionSideRing.JPG

icekid

Ideal_Rock
siiiiiiiiigh... just have to say, i love Mark Morrell. My next ring may have to come from him! (sorry I''m not of additional help Mat)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate ya''lls help. My SO who is somewhat (alot) smarter then me remember that I had tried on that exact setting at a jewlery store in Rochester and had loved it.
30.gif
But when we saw it, the setting had a 3ct cz in it. Has anyone every seen it with a smaller stone? Oh I am soo excited. He told me last night it would be no later then Febuary.
36.gif
I am so excited, and so nervous!

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
Which setting are you talking about?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The one I had posted from the Ritani website that is done via cad...the prongs dont stick out like they do in the picture. I really like idea of having the security of a prong setting, but since it is a single prong it shows more stone and less prong. I am going to try and find it online. So exciting!
9.gif
36.gif

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
Cool! The photo makes it look so prong-y. Take pictures of it for us if you go see it in person again!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I live in AL, the only store I have ever seen with the setting is in Rochester NY...right now I am NJ. I am trying to find a store that carries that particular one here. I want to find out as much info as I can. And not to sound cheap...but I want to find it for the lowest price (sales tax make a huge difference here). I am also trying to find it on-line. I would like to have as much money as possible for the center diamond. I am a wee bit of a greedy girl.
11.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Hey there - I have a Mark Morrell .. same as the "leo" on his website .. it''s very dainty -- 3.3 mm in the shank and tapers to 1.67 as it reaches the diamond. Check it out...may be just what you''re looking for...klr

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results