shape
carat
color
clarity

There goes a wasted World Record unnecessarily.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
"The 59.6 carat oval-cut pink diamond, which fetched $83.2 million in a transaction guaranteed by Sotheby’s, was acquired by the auction house after the buyer defaulted. The stone is recorded in Sotheby’s inventory at about $72 million, the U.S. dollar equivalent of the corresponding purchase price in Swiss francs, Sotheby’s said yesterday on a conference call."

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...amond-buyer-defaulted-on-record-purchase.html

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wonder if he figured out he way over payed for the stone or just couldn't come up with the cash.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl_K|1393616894|3624844 said:
Wonder if he figured out he way over payed for the stone or just couldn't come up with the cash.
One of the auction houses (can't recall if Christies or Sotheby's) sold a 5 ct vivid? pink a couple of years ago for $2.5Mil per carat...
BTW, both were modified or mixed type Brilliants.
Diamonds act funny in value terms the bigger and rarer they are:/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the good news is that it is still up for grabs...any PSers interested? :naughty:

(I know I would be if I had the cash!)

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
missy|1393694105|3625287 said:
Well the good news is that it is still up for grabs...any PSers interested? :naughty:

(I know I would be if I had the cash!)
I think there are other candidates who have the potential to easily beat this "wasted" world record.
I would easily pick another :wacko:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results