The Zircon thread

Neptune

Ideal_Rock

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
My new zircon. I love the bright orange-yellow colour.

ZirconA.jpg

I showed this before in the Men's Bling thread, but I'm showing it here too because it's good to keep this thread active.

Last edited:

Neptune

Ideal_Rock

ZirconA.jpg

I showed this before in the Men's Bling thread, but I'm showing it here too because it's good to keep this thread active.

Gah! I want one. Do you mind showing us the “body” colour? Light tone yellow or greenish yellow just don’t do it for me. This might be it!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ZirconA.jpg

That is a lovely colour!!!! Usually they are so brown! This is proper orange!

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Gah! I want one. Do you mind showing us the “body” colour? Light tone yellow or greenish yellow just don’t do it for me. This might be it!

I'm not sure how to do that. These pics might help. Yes, it's the bright yellow-orange that drew me to this stone.

Here is a comparison pic with other yellowish stones (parti sapphire, chrysoberyl / zircon, zircon, orange sapphire, yellow beryl), taken in open shade:
YellowCompA.jpg

And here is a comparison taken in a (not so good) lightbox, lit from outside by LED flashlights (chrysoberyl, yellow beryl, zircon, orange sapphire):
BoxCompA.jpg

The parti sapphire and the chrysoberyl both show the greenish yellow you mentioned. The yellow beryl may look a just bit greenish in the pics, but close to true yellow in real life. The new zircon is intermediate between the yellow beryl and the orange sapphire.

That is a lovely colour!!!! Usually they are so brown! This is proper orange!

Thank you! Yes, the round zircon in the top pic is sparkly and nicely cut, but shows the typical brown you mentioned.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure how to do that. These pics might help. Yes, it's the bright yellow-orange that drew me to this stone.

Here is a comparison pic with other yellowish stones (parti sapphire, chrysoberyl / zircon, zircon, orange sapphire, yellow beryl), taken in open shade:
YellowCompA.jpg

And here is a comparison taken in a (not so good) lightbox, lit from outside by LED flashlights (chrysoberyl, yellow beryl, zircon, orange sapphire):
BoxCompA.jpg

The parti sapphire and the chrysoberyl both show the greenish yellow you mentioned. The yellow beryl may look a just bit greenish in the pics, but close to true yellow in real life. The new zircon is intermediate between the yellow beryl and the orange sapphire.

Thank you! Yes, the round zircon in the top pic is sparkly and nicely cut, but shows the typical brown you mentioned.

Thanks for taking the time. Based on these, yellow beryl and 1/2 bezel zircon for me.

I found an ideal chrysoberyl, but it's SO small. Didn't buy it but still think about it tho. Sigh!

Yellow is HARD!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results