shape
carat
color
clarity

The UNDER-$3000 RING Thread: Pls post pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

catlwade

Rough_Rock
I have a .56 round, D color, can''t remember the rest.
Set in a halo - halo can make a diamond look bigger if you like the style.

$1800. We got ours at Windy City DIamonds in Chicago - loved Sylvia there, and I think we got a great deal.
We set a budget of $4000, but were SO happy to spend way less! I found I liked smaller diamonds when I went looking, it is just my style more, plus I have very tiny fingers.

EngRingCW1.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I got my whole set, including wedding band, for $2900.

Linky link

.58 ACA I VS2

IMG_2489.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 3:32:39 PM
Author: Addy
Date: 4/14/2009 12:57:25 PM

Author: DiamondFlame

Addy, the stone is gorgeous. Is that the original setting cuz it looks fine to me. Or did you have it reset?

It is it's original setting, supposedly from around 1940s. The ring arrived and looked like it had been sized from one size, so the diamond poked off the ring at an angle. I paid a bit to get it fixed but all four prongs are still different sizes and the bridge underneath is so thin it gives a bit when I poke it with my fingernail. It's just really thin and dainty to the point of not actually being very useable.

Not that I wanted to side track the thread with my issues, but I always speak up when asked. I have a passionate dislike of fay cullen for their lack of customer service, overconfidence in their ability to resize a ring, and not disclosing or pictures the ring as well as they could have. DH doesn't want to fix it, he feels quite attached to the original engagement ring, and I think a bit embarassed at what we bought when it's looked at closely.

Not to thread jack, because I am appreciative of this thread, although our budget is even less! BUT, I am glad to hear this Addy, because on a lot fo the pictures on that website the workmanship looks shoddy! And I didn't know if it was because how rings were made back then or what, but I would simply never buy because it all looks too TOO sloppy!

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:21:00 PM
Author: Octavia
My ring was just over $3K, but close enough that I''ll post it anyway. It''s Tiffany, .35 ct E VS1 in platinum. You can see by comparing to lisamarie''s ring how much of a premium you pay for the name (although I''m not sure if her setting is platinum or WG, but that would also make a difference). I still think FI did well, though!

P2080200.JPG

Your ring is beautiful! Your FI did a great job!

Mine is 18k WG so that does make a huge difference..along with the J color
1.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, lisamarie! I'm not really a "brand-name" person, so I don't have a huge attachment to Tiff's and I'm not all that color-sensitive. It could have been nice to get a bit bigger stone -- I think your FF did extremely well with your ring and I can't wait to see handshots once he proposes! I wouldn't have given up the plat, though, for some reason my skin chemistry eats away at WG and it needs to be replated really often. It's just interesting to see the way various factors influence what you get for your money.

noneek

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 10:56:02 PM
Author: EricaR

Linky link

.58 ACA I VS2

IMG_2489.jpg
This ring has a look of more than $3K. Is this true? Do share where you get this gorgeous setting? I wonder if they have a three stone ring setting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do these count? They are all diamonds. Settings from ebay (won on low auction), and the diamonds were all inexpensive because they're non-white. The two 22 point side pinks on the lower three stone ring I bought around 13 years ago, before the pink diamond craze, and the center diamond is a fancy grey green 1.05ct, which keeps the cost down (because it has grey), and the top stone I got on ebay around 13 years ago as well. It's a champagne pink 52 points. In fact, I don't think both rings put together cost 3K. I don't know if I should be admitting that.
emembarrassed.gif

TLGreenandpinks2.JPG

SB_Gary

Rough_Rock
Hey Aveda6... I love your ring. That is exactly what I want to get my GF when the time comes later this year. Can you tell me how your experience was with Excel Diamonds? That is who I am planning to use as well. Also, was the exact size of your stone .5 carats? What was the clarity, cut, etc. I am looking to spend right around the same as you. It looks like both of our ladies have great taste in rings :)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Congratulations!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 11:20:32 PM
Author: noneek

Linky link

.58 ACA I VS2
This ring has a look of more than $3K. Is this true? Do share where you get this gorgeous setting? I wonder if they have a three stone ring setting.
It is VERY true! My e-ring was $2200 and the band was just under $700. The band came from Brian Gavin Diamonds and they can get the e-ring setting as well. I''d give them a call and tell them what your budget is. They were amazing to work with!

Brian Gavin Diamonds

noneek

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 3:15:10 PM

Date: 4/14/2009 11:20:32 PM
Author: noneek

Linky link

.58 ACA I VS2
It is VERY true! My e-ring was $2200 and the band was just under $700. The band came from Brian Gavin Diamonds and they can get the e-ring setting as well. I''d give them a call and tell them what your budget is. They were amazing to work with!

Brian Gavin Diamonds
Nice!!! Thanks a bunch!!!
36.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow this thread has some amazing bling! Keep posting!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results