shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
Waiting on my sako meets Megan Thorne ring to be completed! They said 4-6 weeks for completion so I have 1-3 weeks left! 75B52780-C5D8-4DD0-9EDE-5CA60132AB0D.jpeg FB9F0BCF-E017-4D7F-9D56-1AA70479280C.jpeg

You finally decided on a setting yeyyyy ( I read your other thread ). Is sako making it ? Curious to see what you decided on

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
You finally decided on a setting yeyyyy ( I read your other thread ). Is sako making it ? Curious to see what you decided on
I did!!! It took forever because I’m so indecisive. The diamond is from Sako but Megan Thorne is creating the setting!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
This should be done in the next week, I think. Was told it was almost done this week. I was thinking it would be done by the end of this week, but looking like no.

1622167190709.jpg

stunning! can't wait to see SMTB thread on this!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One upside of going back to work after being out for a week is that it's finally the week when I should be getting my ring! I'm really hoping it'll be ready to ship out today, just eagerly waiting for that email!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
On May 4 he said within a week. The stones I sent were delivered around April 25 I believe. For me now it’s not so much the timing but hoping that the other engraver is as talented ... I think I’m over analyzing (I hope) the wording of the message. If you brought up an anniversary then I hope they have that date in mind for you.

ETA: my stone is an emerald which I know is a delicate stone so I know milgrain around it needs to be carefully done. Which is why I’m overthinking.

I know exactly what you're saying about emeralds being more delicate and requiring special handling. Will your engraving be part of the design or a personal message inside the ring? Or both?

I don't know who did my personalized message inside the shank of my 5 stone ring, but they did an absolutely amazing engraving job. There was almost no room inside the ring. Plus my message is fairly long. It mirrors what is inside my wedding band. However, my wedding ring has a whole lot more surface for personalized engraving. The miniaturized engraving from DKJ, nevertheless, is perfectly done. I was impressed.

Based on DK's note to you about a change of engravers, I am hoping that the engraver, doing the exterior design work (on my ring currently in the making) will be as good. You should have your ring first. I don't think David would use anyone who won't do a good job that reflects his high standards of quality.

However, I can see why you've been on pins & needles not knowing exactly what is going on with your ring. Have you gotten any clearer date yet for your ring to be ready yet? We're now into June already.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@starbrite The engraving is millgrain around the bezel of the stone. He said that he would have pictures this week. So I hope to have some thing either today or tomorrow.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I.AM.DONE.

I'm so overwhelmed by it, both with how beautiful it is and the fact that my HG ring is on my finger right now. I really never thought I would be here so I'll just be sitting here staring at it for a few days if anyone needs me.

Stone looking blue from my teal wall in my office.

20210603_115013.jpg
20210603_114953.jpg

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Today was told “ took your ring today from my engraver and gave it to a different one due the the length of time this has taken”. He even took a little $ off the price. So very nice indeed but me being me is now worrying about different engravers. I’m assuming DK has multiple benches? I’m overanalyzing the word “my engraver” and “a different one”. Talk me off the ledge @Spring Day !

Sorry, I’ve been MIA and only saw this now. It’s still not done????

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I.AM.DONE.

I'm so overwhelmed by it, both with how beautiful it is and the fact that my HG ring is on my finger right now. I really never thought I would be here so I'll just be sitting here staring at it for a few days if anyone needs me.

20210603_115013.jpg
20210603_114953.jpg

@Babyblue033 , it is absolutely gorgeous! I adore that setting. SS settings are impeccable. Really happy for you that you now have your dream ring!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I.AM.DONE.

20210603_115013.jpg
20210603_114953.jpg

OMG, I freaking love this!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
No it isn’t done yet. Arg.

I don’t understand why it’s taking so long? I love DK and this doesn’t seem like him. It’s been almost a month since he said “soon” right?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I don’t understand why it’s taking so long? I love DK and this doesn’t seem like him. It’s been almost a month since he said “soon” right?

The stones arrived April 25 or 26th. May 4 he said it would be a week. Around May 15 I believe he said soon. Then the story of the engraver. So I emailed him since I was paranoid about the engraving situation and just said that I’m assuming he has multiple engravers and that I don’t mind necessarily waiting on the original one if that is who he has complete confidence in. Something like that. Because the Center-stone is an emerald and emeralds are soft so I was concerned. So then he emailed me back and said he put it with the original engraver again. I didn’t necessarily ask him to do that I was thinking he would just email back and say oh no the new engraver is fine. So then I just tried to call to clear up any confusion but got in touch with one of his staff members who told me he might call back tomorrow. I guess they are backed up. I don’t really know. Because I’m a paranoid person and have had bad luck in the past I just worry that something may have happened to the stone lol. None of that makes rational sense but my mind goes there sometimes.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
The stones arrived April 25 or 26th. May 4 he said it would be a week. Around May 15 I believe he said soon. Then the story of the engraver. So I emailed him since I was paranoid about the engraving situation and just said that I’m assuming he has multiple engravers and that I don’t mind necessarily waiting on the original one if that is who he has complete confidence in. Something like that. Because the Center-stone is an emerald and emeralds are soft so I was concerned. So then he emailed me back and said he put it with the original engraver again. I didn’t necessarily ask him to do that I was thinking he would just email back and say oh no the new engraver is fine. So then I just tried to call to clear up any confusion but got in touch with one of his staff members who told me he might call back tomorrow. I guess they are backed up. I don’t really know. Because I’m a paranoid person and have had bad luck in the past I just worry that something may have happened to the stone lol. None of that makes rational sense but my mind goes there sometimes.

I think they are backed up - My sister and I both have a project going with him right now, and communication is delayed. That may not help anxiety, but just so you know - not just you!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I think they are backed up - My sister and I both have a project going with him right now, and communication is delayed. That may not help anxiety, but just so you know - not just you!

It does help!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I.AM.DONE.

20210603_115013.jpg
20210603_114953.jpg

Love it! I hope you do a SMTB thread!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Babyblue033 , it is absolutely gorgeous! I adore that setting. SS settings are impeccable. Really happy for you that you now have your dream ring!
Thank you I've! I've admired their settings for years and this particular setting for almost 10 years, and seeing it in person really is something else.

OMG, I freaking love this!

Love it! I hope you do a SMTB thread!

Thank you! Today is super gloomy and my hands are a mess, so maybe in a few days I'll take proper photos for a thread ;)2

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thank you I've! I've admired their settings for years and this particular setting for almost 10 years, and seeing it in person really is something else.

Thank you! Today is super gloomy and my hands are a mess, so maybe in a few days I'll take proper photos for a thread ;)2

Yes a show me the bling thread is definitely necessary!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I.AM.DONE.

20210603_115013.jpg
20210603_114953.jpg

Gorgeous!! We need a SMTB thread on this!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I.AM.DONE.

20210603_115013.jpg
20210603_114953.jpg

That is so gorgeous! :kiss2: It's my other favorite cushion halo setting! I am SO happy to see someone get that beautiful setting! Can't wait for more pictures on a SMTB thread!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fell in love with an antique Georgian ring on IG and thinned the hoard to get it. It’ll be here next week but now I’m anxious - what if I don’t love it in person? It’s from the UK so sending it back would be a pain.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I.AM.DONE.

20210603_115013.jpg
20210603_114953.jpg

This is absolutely TDF beautiful! Can’t wait to see your thread!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I fell in love with an antique Georgian ring on IG and thinned the hoard to get it. It’ll be here next week but now I’m anxious - what if I don’t love it in person? It’s from the UK so sending it back would be a pain.

If I gave you the money and you told me that you bought me a ring from the UK, sight unseen, I wouldn't even be worried about it. It's going to be amazeballs. :love:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Do we get to see a picture? I’m sure will be great you seem to have wonderful taste.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I.AM.DONE.

20210603_115013.jpg
20210603_114953.jpg

STUNNING!!!! Truly a Holy Grail ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results