shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
@adlgel The pendant is beautiful! But I totally can see what you mean about your ring. Its very squat and unlike the CAD. It seems we are all in the same boat. My CADs were different than how my ring came out. Somewhere along the line, wires were crossed. Luckily DK and team are so amazing and we all know everything will turn out great in the end. Albeit we all have to wait a little longer. Boo :cry2:

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
@adlgel The pendant is beautiful! But I totally can see what you mean about your ring. Its very squat and unlike the CAD. It seems we are all in the same boat. My CADs were different than how my ring came out. Somewhere along the line, wires were crossed. Luckily DK and team are so amazing and we all know everything will turn out great in the end. Albeit we all have to wait a little longer. Boo :cry2:

He replied pretty quickly yesterday and said he'd set the stone up higher and show me. Hopefully this time it's perfect. And hoping the same for yours after you send it back for him to fix the prongs.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Two weeks ago he said a week lol. Then after that first week was when I got “soon”.

So May 13 was the email that said “soon“. Would today be too early to email again and ask???? Gah!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
So May 13 was the email that said “soon“. Would today be too early to email again and ask???? Gah!

It doesn't feel too soon to email to me. If it makes you feel better I waited much less time to email for an update. In my case his prior estimate was much more specific than "soon" and I waited a few days after he missed the estimated date to email for an update.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It doesn't feel too soon to email to me. If it makes you feel better I waited much less time to email for an update. In my case his prior estimate was much more specific than "soon" and I waited a few days after he missed the estimated date to email for an update.

I did yesterday morning and no reply yet :confused: seems a bit uncharacteristic since on May 4 was told it would be finished within a week. :eek-2:

I hope you don't have to wait much longer for your ring to be redone :)

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I did yesterday morning and no reply yet :confused: seems a bit uncharacteristic since on May 4 was told it would be finished within a week. :eek-2:

At least I’ve seen pictures - that helped. Hope you get to see pictures soon!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I'm not getting my ring this week either from Singlestone. They said they'll most likely be able to ship it out next Tues for Wed delivery. We went from 6-8 week initial estimate to now 11 weeks, and it was supposed to be getting a final polish with their last update so I was sure I would get it this week so I'm feeling really disappointed. I know in the big scheme of things a few more days aren't anything but I've been having a low week and was really looking forward to it.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, I'm not getting my ring this week either from Singlestone. They said they'll most likely be able to ship it out next Tues for Wed delivery. We went from 6-8 week initial estimate to now 11 weeks, and it was supposed to be getting a final polish with their last update so I was sure I would get it this week so I'm feeling really disappointed. I know in the big scheme of things a few more days aren't anything but I've been having a low week and was really looking forward to it.

I hear you. It is so hard to just keep waiting, especially when you feel like the end is finally in sight but then the date gets pushed back again.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

By the way I did not “like” this post because I like you’re not getting your ring but I am commiserating with you!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
By the way I did not “like” this post because I like you’re not getting your ring but I am commiserating with you!

Haha thank you I am so grateful to have this place to come and express my disappointment, there is literally no one in my life who would understand.

I've just been in a low place all week. I've come off of a med I've been on for the nerve pain since the car accident and apparently it's what's been keeping me semi pleasant all this time! Everything has been really bleh and I'm barely going through the motions. Plus I'm finally trying to lose the pandemic 20 so I can't even fall back on my comfort food to get through the day. Looking forward to my ring has become my beacon of hope so it's hit me a little harder this time.

Eating and shopping are my main coping mechanism which has not been the best!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Haha thank you I am so grateful to have this place to come and express my disappointment, there is literally no one in my life who would understand.

I've just been in a low place all week. I've come off of a med I've been on for the nerve pain since the car accident and apparently it's what's been keeping me semi pleasant all this time! Everything has been really bleh and I'm barely going through the motions. Plus I'm finally trying to lose the pandemic 20 so I can't even fall back on my comfort food to get through the day. Looking forward to my ring has become my beacon of hope so it's hit me a little harder this time.

Oh gosh I know if eating and shopping are your coping mechanisms then the pandemic is adding fuel to the fire! Hopefully vaccines and with things opening up everything will look brighter.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
This should be done in the next week, I think. Was told it was almost done this week. I was thinking it would be done by the end of this week, but looking like no.

1622167190709.jpg

Oh wow that is gorgeous! I cannot wait to see your thread on this one!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
This should be done in the next week, I think. Was told it was almost done this week. I was thinking it would be done by the end of this week, but looking like no.

1622167190709.jpg

Oh, wow!!! Breath taking!!! Well worth the wait. Absolutely gorgeous.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock

1622167190709.jpg

That is breathtaking. Can’t wait! Will you add it your thread?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

1622167190709.jpg

Wow - what a ring! :kiss2:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

How frustrating!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

We will be impatient in sympathy so you are not alone. =)2

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
Mine was supposed to be done this week too... but I haven't heard back, so I guess it's going to be next week.
So soooo hard to wait, especially after seeing previews..

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Pics of the pendant which is exactly what I asked for. I based this on one that I saw posted on his instagram. It's 14k yellow gold and is a sliding pendant with an 18" chain with jump rings at 17" and 16". The back is open. The one I saw on his instagram had a flat back in the shape of an initial which I decided to forego although the initial in that pic happened to be the same as my daughter's initial so at least I had the exact image of what it would have looked like had I decided to do it. I'm so excited to give this to my daughter. The diamond is not the best (we purchased it 26+ years ago, well before I knew about Pricescope). But there is a lot of love and happiness imbued in this diamond so I hope that she enjoys wearing it.

Depending upon how long it will take to redo the head on my ring, I'll decide whether to ask him to ship this out separately or wait to have them shipped together. So hopefully not much longer before this beauty arrives.

67830-3.jpg

67830-1.jpg

Beautiful detailing on the pendant!! That is such a lovely gift for your daughter!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock

1622167190709.jpg

Swoon!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Today was told “ took your ring today from my engraver and gave it to a different one due the the length of time this has taken”. He even took a little $ off the price. So very nice indeed but me being me is now worrying about different engravers. I’m assuming DK has multiple benches? I’m overanalyzing the word “my engraver” and “a different one”. Talk me off the ledge @Spring Day !

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Today was told “ took your ring today from my engraver and gave it to a different one due the the length of time this has taken”. He even took a little $ off the price. So very nice indeed but me being me is now worrying about different engravers. I’m assuming DK has multiple benches? I’m overanalyzing the word “my engraver” and “a different one”. Talk me off the ledge @Spring Day !

Since I'm currently waiting for an anniversary band from DK that has engraving, I think I may join you standing on that ledge. Because our anniversary is quickly approaching, I'm now a little concerned about the time element. Your story makes me even a little more concerned.

How long have you been waiting since your ring was originally supposed to be delivered?

Hope you get your ring soon.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Since I'm currently waiting for an anniversary band from DK that has engraving, I think I may join you standing on that ledge. Because our anniversary is quickly approaching, I'm now a little concerned about the time element. Your story makes me even a little more concerned.

How long have you been waiting since your ring was originally supposed to be delivered?

Hope you get your ring soon.

On May 4 he said within a week. The stones I sent were delivered around April 25 I believe. For me now it’s not so much the timing but hoping that the other engraver is as talented ... I think I’m over analyzing (I hope) the wording of the message. If you brought up an anniversary then I hope they have that date in mind for you.

ETA: my stone is an emerald which I know is a delicate stone so I know milgrain around it needs to be carefully done. Which is why I’m overthinking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results