clarity

The two week club!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Joining this club because I’ve been waiting patiently but starting to get antsy. Two projects in the works. One with DK where this three stone emerald will be in a ring like this:

38BF21D4-3E3D-4F1E-BA2C-1FDDC59972E9.jpeg

452B2329-5D89-4149-A8EC-B9BB0855A0B6.jpeg

And then this tourmaline will go into an Art Deco halo setting similar to the style below.

FA58AF47-BBD3-4136-B45D-B996A37D16AD.jpeg
F2FB1B4D-A9E0-485E-9EBF-E7F5B7B46A21.png

It has been about a month so it should be completed very soon but I’m getting very anxious for it to be done so I can see them!!!!

ETA emerald is upside down so it would lay flat for the picture it looks prettier than in the picture.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Joining the club. I’m recently separated and have decided to buy myself some of the jewelry that the marriage did not bring me. I’m celebrating my own strength and independence - I’ve been a full time lawyer for 17 years so I feel like I can do this for myself now. Here is what I ordered today:

Whiteflash ACA studs, 2 pairs:
I wanted the custom low set six prong like @donnabrsd but the price difference deterred me:
1.224 CtW I VS1 for my main holes
.609 J VS2 for my second holes

Bothwill be set in their standard platinum 4 prong, but I specified as low as possible and with claw prongs. If I don’t like the setting I can return.

ALSO, and can’t believe I am doing both (!!!), a BGD Nightingale in rose gold with .3 BG Black stones in D-E color. Ring size 7.

my guess is 2 weeks on the studs and 3-4 on the ring. Lots to look forward to!!!

This is awesome! (I'm giving you a virtual fist bump!)

I think it is so empowering to buy our own jewelry. I've been divorced, and then single for a long stretch and now remarried. But through it all, I've bought myself a few pieces of jewelry every so often (even when I was on a super tight budget -- I just bought plain gold hoops).

When I wear the pieces I've bought myself (and they are ALL still in my rotation!) I feel a sense of pride and strength and self worth that only I can give myself.

So I'm thrilled for you! Please share loads of photo when they arrive!

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Joining this club because I’ve been waiting patiently but starting to get antsy. Two projects in the works. One with DK where this three stone emerald will be in a ring like this:

And then this tourmaline will go into an Art Deco halo setting similar to the style below.

It has been about a month so it should be completed very soon but I’m getting very anxious for it to be done so I can see them!!!!

ETA emerald is upside down so it would lay flat for the picture it looks prettier than in the picture.

Gorgeous!

WindyCitySparkle

Shiny_Rock
This is awesome! (I'm giving you a virtual fist bump!)

I think it is so empowering to buy our own jewelry. I've been divorced, and then single for a long stretch and now remarried. But through it all, I've bought myself a few pieces of jewelry every so often (even when I was on a super tight budget -- I just bought plain gold hoops).

When I wear the pieces I've bought myself (and they are ALL still in my rotation!) I feel a sense of pride and strength and self worth that only I can give myself.

So I'm thrilled for you! Please share loads of photo when they arrive!

Thank you!!!!! This is so kind and supportive. WF says the studs will be here by Friday so I am very excited already!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just passed the 8 weeks mark and got news! Not the most flattering photos so I'll just share this. I'm both so excited and nervous about it, this whole thing is a dream come true and I'm still in disbelief that this is actually happening.

They'll be adding the engraving to the basket area and side of the shank as well, then it'll be done!

SELENA_1.jpg

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock

How exciting @Mreader! Did you end up using DK’s uber bench hence the long wait? And that tourm! The color! The size! The setting it’s going on! Gah! Beautiful! And of course being a May baby, I gotta say I can’t wait for the emerald 3-stone to be finished!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
How exciting @Mreader! Did you end up using DK’s uber bench hence the long wait? And that tourm! The color! The size! The setting it’s going on! Gah! Beautiful! And of course being a May baby, I gotta say I can’t wait for the emerald 3-stone to be finished!

Thanks! I didn’t use the Uber bench (or didn’t request it). I double checked - I sent the stones in 3 weeks ago so not quite a month. Just feels longer when waiting!!! I think he’s just really busy.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock

What is David Klass's "Uber Bench"?

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is some quality craftsmanship right there. Congratulations!

Thank you. After a week, I'm still loving it as much as the day when I first opened the box. My new ring is soooo comfortable; besides being beautiful. I have to pinch myself to believe that it's finally really here and now on my hand.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m trying to be patient waiting for Ashlee, my antique elongated asscher, to be set. I’m also waiting for the cup to be added behind the sapphire I purchased in my previous setting for Bee. I haven’t purchased anything in a long time so I’m getting itchy for something new. I’ve been prowling eBay because I wanted to get something preloved. I found a 1 ctw baguette channel eternity band in a size larger than my Tiffany band. I would like to wear the larger one on my right hand with other rings. The Tiffany band is 2 ctw. This band is 1 ctw..notTiffany..but it should be pretty. I can wear it when it’s hot and my finger swells even larger.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@Mreader Your rings are going to be so gorgeous! The stones are so pretty! I can’t wait to see them set!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @MamaBee . I wrote DK about the emerald bc I couldn’t take it anymore and he just said “soon”. Gah!!

Haha! I was afraid to do that! I went back to see when everything was finalized..It was only two weeks! :lol-2:

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I started working with WF on my holy grail ring back in February. (The extended time frame was entirely down to me taking the time to think about different options). My ring shipped on Friday, is currently at Stansted airport and will be here tomorrow. But, I will have to wait till my big birthday on Thursday. Because of the extended time frame (I've been thinking about this ring for 10+ years) I wasn't really allowing myself to get excited, but as I type this, I'm wondering if the idea of my holy grail* ring becoming a reality is beginning to sink in....

*It's not a solitaire, a high carat ring or anything fancy, it's just what I've always wanted, a simple band that sparkles.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Picked up my pendant yesterday and love it so much!! PXL_20210515_180914089.jpg

Oh wow! Gorgeous! I love the setting and the size is perfect!

Will you remind us of the details of your story in creating this beauty? Where'd you find the diamond and who set it?

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Because of the extended time frame (I've been thinking about this ring for 10+ years) I wasn't really allowing myself to get excited, but as I type this, I'm wondering if the idea of my holy grail* ring becoming a reality is beginning to sink in....
I know exactly how you feel! I've been dreaming of my HG ring for almost 10 years too, and somehow the stone and setting both became reality. My setting should be here next week but I've been trying not to think about it. Almost like I can't really believe it happened until I have the ring on my finger, you know?

I'm excited for your ring and look forward to seeing it!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Picked up my pendant yesterday and love it so much!! PXL_20210515_180914089.jpg
Beautiful pendant! More pics please especially the side view. The detail looks amazing. I’m collecting ideas for my pear shaped diamond which is completely plain right now.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
So, the FedEx box arrived 9.30am Monday morning and sat on the kitchen table all day till DH came home from work. Then, as agreed, I got to try the ring on with my eyes shut (just to make sure the ring in the box was the one DH had seen photos of and that it fitted etc). Then I was working and the bubble wrap bag was on the chair next to me and DH was in and out of the kitchen and I was still working, the bag still on the chair and DH staying up a bit later than usual and still hanging around the kitchen - when he finally says "why don't I just put this bag with the rest of your presents, in case, you know, you accidentally throw it out or something!". And I couldn't exactly say "no, I'm waiting for you to go to bed so I can have a sneaky peek!". I think he knew fine well. So today is the day. 13 years in the waiting. (No pressure then :lol:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results