shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
After a big scare, I finally got my new DKJ anniversary ring over the weekend.

The ring was supposed to be delivered with a signature required. I waited all day, but no UPS man ever came to the door. After the 7PM , we checked the UPS site, & it said the ring had been delivered.

Panic time!!! I had no ring. No one had ever come to our front door. The door bell worked, but no one ever rang it. Still, we searched all over the front porch area in case someone had just left it without ringing the door bell. No package.

The day before, I had gotten some hibiscus plants (with instructions for UPS to ring the doorbell when they made the deliver). The plants were left on the porch, but the driver never bothered to ring the doorbell as instructed. So I was hoping that this was also what may have happened with my new ring. However, we absolutely couldn't find any package with the ring.

The next day, we contacted UPS. They said the package had been delivered. My fear then became that maybe the UPS man might have left it with a neighbor who then kept the package. We don't have any porch pirates where we live on acreage; so that was never a consideration.

Anyhow, before we put in a formal complaint about the missing ring, my husband again checked outside again. There was no box on or near the front porch. However after searching everywhere imaginable, he did finally find the box out by the garage doors and in the bushes. What a relief!!! The UPS man must have quickly just thrown it there. He didn't even bother to walk up our rather long front sidewalk to the porch. That's why no one had rung the doorbell.

Because of the pandemic, we've been doing "remote signatures" (by posting proof of who we are on the door) for items (like medication) requiring a signature. Instructions are also to always ring the doorbell when anything is delivered. This process has worked well & has been good for both us and for the sender who needed a signature of delivery but without our having to come into close contact with maskless strangers. Our UPS delivery man has never worn a mask; not even when the pandemic was at its worst. He might be willing to take a risk, but we're not. Anyhow, we've gotten quite a few signature required deliveries during the pandemic & have not had any problem with doing a remote signature and then getting the package just as soon as the maskless driver walks away.

With none signature items, the driver has been ringing the doorbell & leaving packages on the front porch, but leaving immediately before we can get to the door. Until recently, UPS deliveries have been problem free. The same with UPS curbside drop offs.

With Amazon deliveries, the delivery person will also take a photo of exactly where he leaves a package & then send it to my husband's phone. So if we miss the delivery person, we still can see where he put the package. Amazon has never left a package anywhere but on the front porch. UPS and Fed Ex are another matter... However until recently, UPS has also been quite good with making sure all deliveries are left on our front porch where we can easily find them.

We have noticed lately, that UPS has started to leave small packages (those with no signature required) in our US mail box out by the curve. I didn't know that was legal, but at least, we always find it in the mail box when my husband gets the mail. "Just in case" that was what had happened with my diamond ring, we did check the mail box on day #1 when we couldn't find the ring's package anywhere on or around the front porch.

Frankly, I never expected a UPS driver to suddenly just throw a high value, "signature required" box in the bushes next to the garage door. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have thought to look there. Maybe we have a new driver. But whatever. It sure caused me a couple of days of anxiety.

My new milestone anniversary ring is gorgeous. I'm happy beyond words.

It's a little over 2 carats of IF & VVS1 D/E Super Ideal Cut 40 point top stones and about .8 of a carat of matching VS D Princess cut side stones set in platinum. Not giant sized by Pricescope standards, but it is very high quality and very, very sparkly. I really like the size on my hand. It sparkles like crazy and is sooo comfortable. The filigree 18K yellow gold filigree on the profile is beautiful & unique. I'll eventually give this ring its own thread. It's all that I was hoping it would be. David Klass did an awesome job. I can't say enough good things about him & this ring.

Here's a quick video of "perfection":

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s here! It’s a rainy, dreary day and I cannot take pictures as good as the ones by Eragem, but it’s a keeper!

84C320AF-E4BE-44CA-9BEC-46110272291C.jpeg

Wow, it is stunning! An amazing OEC.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
It’s here! It’s a rainy, dreary day and I cannot take pictures as good as the ones by Eragem, but it’s a keeper!

84C320AF-E4BE-44CA-9BEC-46110272291C.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous! I can't imagine what it is going to look like on a sunny day.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

The ring was supposed to be delivered with a signature required. I waited all day, but no UPS man ever came to the door. After the 7PM , we checked the UPS site, & it said the ring had been delivered.

Panic time!!! I had no ring. No one had ever come to our front door. The door bell worked, but no one ever rang it. Still, we searched all over the front porch area in case someone had just left it without ringing the door bell. No package.

The day before, I had gotten some hibiscus plants (with instructions for UPS to ring the doorbell when they made the deliver). The plants were left on the porch, but the driver never bothered to ring the doorbell as instructed. So I was hoping that this was also what may have happened with my new ring. However, we absolutely couldn't find any package with the ring.

The next day, we contacted UPS. They said the package had been delivered. My fear then became that maybe the UPS man might have left it with a neighbor who then kept the package. We don't have any porch pirates where we live on acreage; so that was never a consideration.

Anyhow, before we put in a formal complaint about the missing ring, my husband again checked outside again. There was no box on or near the front porch. However after searching everywhere imaginable, he did finally find the box out by the garage doors and in the bushes. What a relief!!! The UPS man must have quickly just thrown it there. He didn't even bother to walk up our rather long front sidewalk to the porch. That's why no one had rung the doorbell.

Because of the pandemic, we've been doing "remote signatures" (by posting proof of who we are on the door) for items (like medication) requiring a signature. Instructions are also to always ring the doorbell when anything is delivered. This process has worked well & has been good for both us and for the sender who needed a signature of delivery but without our having to come into close contact with maskless strangers. Our UPS delivery man has never worn a mask; not even when the pandemic was at its worst. He might be willing to take a risk, but we're not. Anyhow, we've gotten quite a few signature required deliveries during the pandemic & have not had any problem with doing a remote signature and then getting the package just as soon as the maskless driver walks away.

With none signature items, the driver has been ringing the doorbell & leaving packages on the front porch, but leaving immediately before we can get to the door. Until recently, UPS deliveries have been problem free. The same with UPS curbside drop offs.

With Amazon deliveries, the delivery person will also take a photo of exactly where he leaves a package & then send it to my husband's phone. So if we miss the delivery person, we still can see where he put the package. Amazon has never left a package anywhere but on the front porch. UPS and Fed Ex are another matter... However until recently, UPS has also been quite good with making sure all deliveries are left on our front porch where we can easily find them.

We have noticed lately, that UPS has started to leave small packages (those with no signature required) in our US mail box out by the curve. I didn't know that was legal, but at least, we always find it in the mail box when my husband gets the mail. "Just in case" that was what had happened with my diamond ring, we did check the mail box on day #1 when we couldn't find the ring's package anywhere on or around the front porch.

Frankly, I never expected a UPS driver to suddenly just throw a high value, "signature required" box in the bushes next to the garage door. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have thought to look there. Maybe we have a new driver. But whatever. It sure caused me a couple of days of anxiety.

It's a little over 2 carats of IF & VVS1 D/E Super Ideal Cut 40 point top stones and about .8 of a carat of matching VS D Princess cut side stones set in platinum. Not giant sized by Pricescope standards, but it is very high quality and very, very sparkly. I really like the size on my hand. It sparkles like crazy and is sooo comfortable. The filigree 18K yellow gold filigree on the profile is beautiful & unique. I'll eventually give this ring its own thread. It's all that I was hoping it would be. David Klass did an awesome job. I can't say enough good things about him & this ring.

I don’t see a video, but what a story!!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Oh I don’t see a video! But thrilled that you got it

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Oh I don’t see a video! But thrilled that you got it

Hum. I don't seem to be able to send the video as an attachment. I have no idea of what I'm doing wrong. I can see the file on my computer, but the attachment doesn't seem to stick when I post here.

However, the ring really is gorgeous. It's exactly what I hoped it would be. It was definitely worth waiting for. David is the best!!! I only have praise for him.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hum. I don't seem to be able to send the video as an attachment. I have no idea of what I'm doing wrong. I can see the file on my computer, but the attachment doesn't seem to stick when I post here.

However, the ring really is gorgeous. It's exactly what I hoped it would be. It was definitely worth waiting for. David is the best!!! I only have praise for him.

You can’t attach videos - you have to create them as something like YouTube videos and share the link!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

So sorry what a scary story! Thank goodness you found it. Send a pic! Video didn’t work! And complain to UPS!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Such a gorgeous stone!!! Also we have the same cat lol. Curious - since you were interested in the stone only would they not sell separately? Or did you want the setting for something else?

image.jpg

Oh wow! Your cat looks exactly like my two that I had for half of my life. Such amazing cats. My young ones are a year old. They are all Tonkinese. Is yours?

They were willing to let me buy the whole thing and then send the setting back for a refund, so that’s what I’m doing. Here are some pictures of the freed diamond!

B0595426-C502-4C91-874E-5761A59BC3D4.jpeg
AE4E3E76-70A4-4507-A8F3-640FC9836EBD.jpeg

C3F68EA0-F49A-4C36-B1D5-5C99AF88F34B.jpeg

BE422439-9C05-43AE-AA12-717FADE69E42.jpeg

B4A34769-A300-4A28-A84D-007EFD16EFC6.jpeg

1B3BA374-7223-45F8-9A65-AACF93D568CE.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Your cat looks exactly like my two that I had for half of my life. Such amazing cats. My young ones are a year old. They are all Tonkinese. Is yours?

They were willing to let me buy the whole thing and then send the setting back for a refund, so that’s what I’m doing. Here are some pictures of the freed diamond!

That is one big, beautiful diamond!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

OMG I am drooling over here!!! The cat (Sugar) is 18 years old. She is a type of Siamese but I don't know any more than that; she belonged to my father-in-law who passed a few years ago so we of course took her in.

A kaleidoscope and a fireball all in one! Can't wait to see it in its new dress. How long you think the reset will take? And how awesome that the vendor is willing to buy back the setting. One less thing you'll need to deal with.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A kaleidoscope and a fireball all in one! Can't wait to see it in its new dress. How long you think the reset will take? And how awesome that the vendor is willing to buy back the setting. One less thing you'll need to deal with.

Yes, I’m very pleased that they will take back the setting. I also saved some money by wiring instead of using a credit card. I think it’ll be about a week or so until I get the new ring and have it reset.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG I am drooling over here!!! The cat (Sugar) is 18 years old. She is a type of Siamese but I don't know any more than that; she belonged to my father-in-law who passed a few years ago so we of course took her in.

Tonkinese is a hybrid of Siamese and Burmese, and your girl appears to be one! It’s a fantastic breed.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock

Christ Almighty, @Tourmaline !! What a honker!! And the facet pattern-
WOW!! Congrats on acquiring this beauty❤️❤️❤️❤️

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Come on over here, @Tourmaline ....I will pinch you so hard, it’ll make you drop that stone onto my hand...After which I will run away as fast as I possibly can with this beauty :lol:
Seriously though, this stone is HG status❤️

Hahaha!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tourmaline, what an amazing diamond!! The faceting is just beautiful. You must be so eager to have this set and on your finger!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Tonkinese is a hybrid of Siamese and Burmese, and your girl appears to be one! It’s a fantastic breed.

She's insanely loud and very clingy affectionate, but we love her. :lol-2:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don’t know if it has been already mentioned, but do you know how you’d want to set this beauty yet?

Yes, I’m going to set it in an 8-prong unplated white gold solitaire.

@Tourmaline, what an amazing diamond!! The faceting is just beautiful. You must be so eager to have this set and on your finger!

Thank you! I am definitely eager, but I’m also enjoying having it in this holder for a few days!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
The rain stopped for a few minutes before evening, and I got a couple of pictures.

86420BCC-51A8-402A-BA48-0527A8B106AC.jpeg

92DE1DBF-05BC-45ED-AFC0-610FB3E3B191.jpeg

F5281012-97EF-48AA-97AC-2A3D32848377.jpeg
Your new ring is gorgeous. How many carats is this beauty? Such a pretty design. It looks like a royal crown on your sweet kitty. You must be over the moon over having such a wonderful ring.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock

Wow!!!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
So sorry what a scary story! Thank goodness you found it. Send a pic! Video didn’t work! And complain to UPS!

Since we eventually found the ring in the bushes out by the driveway, I decided not to hassle myself by starting a process with UPS. The ring is now on my hand & that's all I really care about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results