shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your new ring is gorgeous. How many carats is this beauty? Such a pretty design. It looks like a royal crown on your sweet kitty. You must be over the moon over having such a wonderful ring.

Thanks! Your ring is lovely! My OEC is 5.48cts GIA M VS1, 51% table, 64.7% depth.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Its so beautiful, @starbrite! Congratulations!
Thank you. Although it took almost 15 months to become reality, I'm absolutely thrilled with my milestone anniversary band.

David Klass did such a beautiful job with the custom setting. The main diamonds are White Flash ACA. Their color & quality is awesome. Just what I wanted. David then color matched the side Princess Cut stones to match the top D/E stones. The side diamond are just VS and not IF like the stone in my bezels, but they're still a beautiful match to the top diamonds.

My new ring is all that I was hoping for. Not too big and not too little. Tons of sparkle. And very, very comfortable for 24/7 wear. Sometimes glamour and comfort don't go together. But this ring is definitely a ring I can wear full time like I want.

When I get time, I'll be giving my special ring its own thread. I absolutely love my new ring.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
It’s here! It’s a rainy, dreary day and I cannot take pictures as good as the ones by Eragem, but it’s a keeper!

84C320AF-E4BE-44CA-9BEC-46110272291C.jpeg

OMG that is stunning!!!!!!!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Your cat looks exactly like my two that I had for half of my life. Such amazing cats. My young ones are a year old. They are all Tonkinese. Is yours?

They were willing to let me buy the whole thing and then send the setting back for a refund, so that’s what I’m doing. Here are some pictures of the freed diamond!

B0595426-C502-4C91-874E-5761A59BC3D4.jpeg
AE4E3E76-70A4-4507-A8F3-640FC9836EBD.jpeg

C3F68EA0-F49A-4C36-B1D5-5C99AF88F34B.jpeg

BE422439-9C05-43AE-AA12-717FADE69E42.jpeg

B4A34769-A300-4A28-A84D-007EFD16EFC6.jpeg

1B3BA374-7223-45F8-9A65-AACF93D568CE.jpeg

Holy cow, that is gorgeous!!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"A couple of weeks out" I was told last week ;( I've been without my ring for 25 days but who's counting.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. Although it took almost 15 months to become reality, I'm absolutely thrilled with my milestone anniversary band.

David Klass did such a beautiful job with the custom setting. The main diamonds are White Flash ACA. Their color & quality is awesome. Just what I wanted. David then color matched the side Princess Cut stones to match the top D/E stones. The side diamond are just VS and not IF like the stone in my bezels, but they're still a beautiful match to the top diamonds.

My new ring is all that I was hoping for. Not too big and not too little. Tons of sparkle. And very, very comfortable for 24/7 wear. Sometimes glamour and comfort don't go together. But this ring is definitely a ring I can wear full time like I want.

When I get time, I'll be giving my special ring its own thread. I absolutely love my new ring.

Glad to hear you found the ring and can’t wait to see pics. You should report that to UPS and even take a picture of where it was found. People should be able to feel confident that their packages got delivered properly and not tossed in some bushes far away from the front door. UPS fee is not cheap and signature was required in this case. I only use FedEx for high value items. Don’t trust anyone else.

WindyCitySparkle

Shiny_Rock
Joining the club. I’m recently separated and have decided to buy myself some of the jewelry that the marriage did not bring me. I’m celebrating my own strength and independence - I’ve been a full time lawyer for 17 years so I feel like I can do this for myself now. Here is what I ordered today:

Whiteflash ACA studs, 2 pairs:
I wanted the custom low set six prong like @donnabrsd but the price difference deterred me:
1.224 CtW I VS1 for my main holes
.609 J VS2 for my second holes

Bothwill be set in their standard platinum 4 prong, but I specified as low as possible and with claw prongs. If I don’t like the setting I can return.

ALSO, and can’t believe I am doing both (!!!), a BGD Nightingale in rose gold with .3 BG Black stones in D-E color. Ring size 7.

my guess is 2 weeks on the studs and 3-4 on the ring. Lots to look forward to!!!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Joining the club. I’m recently separated and have decided to buy myself some of the jewelry that the marriage did not bring me. I’m celebrating my own strength and independence - I’ve been a full time lawyer for 17 years so I feel like I can do this for myself now. Here is what I ordered today:

I wanted the custom low set six prong like @donnabrsd but the price difference deterred me:

Bothwill be set in their standard platinum 4 prong, but I specified as low as possible and with claw prongs. If I don’t like the setting I can return.

ALSO, and can’t believe I am doing both (!!!), a BGD Nightingale in rose gold with .3 BG Black stones in D-E color. Ring size 7.

my guess is 2 weeks on the studs and 3-4 on the ring. Lots to look forward to!!!

Good for you! Come back and show us your new goodies when they arrive.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I paid off my OEC and it will be here tomorrow!!! Assuming it’s everything I imagine it to be, I’ll have it removed from the ring, which I’m planning to return and then set the OEC in a simpler solitaire. How will I sleep tonight?!

B72FF92A-94BF-463A-B4AC-64E432C7B38E.jpeg
It’s so pretty! The faceting is gorgeous!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Glad to hear you found the ring and can’t wait to see pics. You should report that to UPS and even take a picture of where it was found. People should be able to feel confident that their packages got delivered properly and not tossed in some bushes far away from the front door. UPS fee is not cheap and signature was required in this case. I only use FedEx for high value items. Don’t trust anyone else.

Until this past week, UPS has been the best of the bunch for us recently.

We've had a lot of problems with Fed Ex since the pandemic started. Although they used to be my "go to" for shipping, I no longer feel comfortable with Fed Ex. They've made too many mistakes lately. We've repeatedly had to file loss reports since early 2020, Luckily, no really super high value items like this ring.

Until changes were made to the USPS, diamond dealers used to use the US mail for high ticket gems. However, I personally would no longer trust the USPS for anything of importance. The post office these days is such a mess. I don't know what the old fashioned diamond dealers do these days. Maybe they do still use the USPS. I really don't know.

Years and years ago, I had a custom made gold, ruby & diamond bracelet made by an out-of-state jeweler. This was before the Internet became a huge sales market. It was an in-person purchase to be sent to my home 3 states away once the bracelet was made. That jeweler used UPS for all his deliveries.

Back then, we were having problems with UPS leaving stuff in front of my active garage doors. We have a 3 car garage, but he only left things in front of my garage door. There were a couple of incidents where I packed out of the garage and over the package. Of course, what was inside was destroyed. We filed reports with UPS. We also kept complaining because that UPS driver STILL kept leaving things directly in front of my active garage door. For two years, I had to open the garage door & first go outside on foot to check for a possible package before getting in the car & attempting to back out of the garage.

Anyhow, I was terrified that I might forget to check to ground in front of the garage door when my bracelet came. However, that bracelet (very high ticket item) never came.

Although the bracelet also required a signature, I knew that UPS driver had a tendency to do his own signing. That saved him having to go to the front door. When the bracelet didn't show up & we contacted UPS, management told us that the bracelet had been delivered with someone at our house signing for it. Since there is only my husband and myself, I know that no one in our house had signed anything.

There was also no delivery at our house; not even in front of the garage door. So if that UPS driver signed for it, where did it go???? We searched all over for that package, but never found anything. So a claim had to be made. The jeweler was insured. He made & sent me a new bracelet; again with a signature required.

Again, there was a problem. After I again received no delivery, UPS said we had received the package with someone inside our house signing for it. Well, no package was delivered at our house!!!

Fortunately, better luck was with us that second time. The next day my husband went out on his riding mower to mow our property and found a small UPS box on the property line with our next door neighbor. It was my bracelet!!! He noticed it in bushes about 3/4 acres away from our drive way (and even farther from the front door). Your guess is as good as mine as how the box got there. Or who "signed" for a box that UPS claimed was supposedly delivered to our front door. If it was the UPS driver, why throw it in the bushes near our neighbors? Very odd.

For a long while after that, I was very anti UPS. But then, we got a new driver & everything
changed for the better. UPS became very reliable. Luckily, we only had that one stretch in time where UPS was a real problem with deliveries to our home.

Over the years, I've used UPS repeatedly to ship over $30,000 of camera equipment ahead of me to do a job and then again back home. No problems with drop offs and deliveries. Everything was been timely and nothing ever got lost.

Hopefully, we're not now entering a new period of having home delivery difficulties. Fed Ex has been extremely problematic for us lately. I used to like them a lot. But whoever is working for them here now seems to be messing up a lot in recent months.

Unless we have more UPS delivery problems, I'm going to let the incident with my diamond ring go. I don't need the hassle. I got my ring. It's beautiful.

At least, it was in the bushes next to the garage door; not on the ground in front of the garage door where I could have backed over it. Our history 15 years ago - with that other UPS driver having a leave-it-in-front-of-the-garage-door obsession - was what made my husband to search for my ring in the area of the garage doors. His accidently finding the box with my new bracelet 15 years ago in the bushes near at our property line, was what made him to think to check in the bushes beside the garage doors.

I'm at the point where I don't trust sending anything out (any way: USPS, UPS, Fed Ex) that has irreplaceable sentimental value. IMO, all shipment methods have risk. I will only hand deliver (and pick up) anything that is irreplaceable: both in the item itself combined in its sentiment for me. Everything else can be insured & replaced if need be.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
OMG this is AMAZING!!! Wow look at all of that sparkle! And the setting is perfection! David did an amazing job

Your taking the leap and going with David for your semi bezel 3 stone ring is part of what made me also make the move to him. I'm so happy with the ring he made me. It's just what I wanted. Plus he has been such a pleasure to work with. Although it took a while to get the CAD like I wanted, I never felt stressed like I did with the local jeweler. As you know from personal experience, his workmanship is also fantastic.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
That is amazing!! I love the yellow gold details on the sides. You have to post in SMTB!

Thank you!!! IMHO, it's gorgeous. But I'm a tiny bit bias. It's just what I wanted.

I will post a thread in SMTB as soon as I have a chance to get some photos.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Its so beautiful, @starbrite! Congratulations!

Thank you!

It was a long road to get here. After getting a stressful start, Pricescope helped a lot.

I'm now very happy. I feel like I did many moons ago when my husband first gave me my engagement ring. I now can't stop looking at my new anniversary ring and how much it sparkles.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Until this past week, UPS has been the best of the bunch for us recently.

We've had a lot of problems with Fed Ex since the pandemic started. Although they used to be my "go to" for shipping, I no longer feel comfortable with Fed Ex. They've made too many mistakes lately. We've repeatedly had to file loss reports since early 2020, Luckily, no really super high value items like this ring.

Until changes were made to the USPS, diamond dealers used to use the US mail for high ticket gems. However, I personally would no longer trust the USPS for anything of importance. The post office these days is such a mess. I don't know what the old fashioned diamond dealers do these days. Maybe they do still use the USPS. I really don't know.

Years and years ago, I had a custom made gold, ruby & diamond bracelet made by an out-of-state jeweler. This was before the Internet became a huge sales market. It was an in-person purchase to be sent to my home 3 states away once the bracelet was made. That jeweler used UPS for all his deliveries.

Back then, we were having problems with UPS leaving stuff in front of my active garage doors. We have a 3 car garage, but he only left things in front of my garage door. There were a couple of incidents where I packed out of the garage and over the package. Of course, what was inside was destroyed. We filed reports with UPS. We also kept complaining because that UPS driver STILL kept leaving things directly in front of my active garage door. For two years, I had to open the garage door & first go outside on foot to check for a possible package before getting in the car & attempting to back out of the garage.

Anyhow, I was terrified that I might forget to check to ground in front of the garage door when my bracelet came. However, that bracelet (very high ticket item) never came.

Although the bracelet also required a signature, I knew that UPS driver had a tendency to do his own signing. That saved him having to go to the front door. When the bracelet didn't show up & we contacted UPS, management told us that the bracelet had been delivered with someone at our house signing for it. Since there is only my husband and myself, I know that no one in our house had signed anything.

There was also no delivery at our house; not even in front of the garage door. So if that UPS driver signed for it, where did it go???? We searched all over for that package, but never found anything. So a claim had to be made. The jeweler was insured. He made & sent me a new bracelet; again with a signature required.

Again, there was a problem. After I again received no delivery, UPS said we had received the package with someone inside our house signing for it. Well, no package was delivered at our house!!!

Fortunately, better luck was with us that second time. The next day my husband went out on his riding mower to mow our property and found a small UPS box on the property line with our next door neighbor. It was my bracelet!!! He noticed it in bushes about 3/4 acres away from our drive way (and even farther from the front door). Your guess is as good as mine as how the box got there. Or who "signed" for a box that UPS claimed was supposedly delivered to our front door. If it was the UPS driver, why throw it in the bushes near our neighbors? Very odd.

For a long while after that, I was very anti UPS. But then, we got a new driver & everything
changed for the better. UPS became very reliable. Luckily, we only had that one stretch in time where UPS was a real problem with deliveries to our home.

Over the years, I've used UPS repeatedly to ship over $30,000 of camera equipment ahead of me to do a job and then again back home. No problems with drop offs and deliveries. Everything was been timely and nothing ever got lost.

Hopefully, we're not now entering a new period of having home delivery difficulties. Fed Ex has been extremely problematic for us lately. I used to like them a lot. But whoever is working for them here now seems to be messing up a lot in recent months.

Unless we have more UPS delivery problems, I'm going to let the incident with my diamond ring go. I don't need the hassle. I got my ring. It's beautiful.

At least, it was in the bushes next to the garage door; not on the ground in front of the garage door where I could have backed over it. Our history 15 years ago - with that other UPS driver having a leave-it-in-front-of-the-garage-door obsession - was what made my husband to search for my ring in the area of the garage doors. His accidently finding the box with my new bracelet 15 years ago in the bushes near at our property line, was what made him to think to check in the bushes beside the garage doors.

I'm at the point where I don't trust sending anything out (any way: USPS, UPS, Fed Ex) that has irreplaceable sentimental value. IMO, all shipment methods have risk. I will only hand deliver (and pick up) anything that is irreplaceable: both in the item itself combined in its sentiment for me. Everything else can be insured & replaced if need be.

I think any courier is problematic right now. We had packages left by our front door without signature but when I went online the note would say delivered and signed for. Luckily my husband installed a camera by the front door so when someone steps up to the porch it notifies our phones and we can also replay the video. Nothing’s gone missing yet. Knock on wood. I haven’t sent any jewelry out and have only used local jewellers. I only worked with DKJ last month and sat on pins and needles when the ring was sent by FedEx. Then the delivery was delayed and instead of being delivered on Friday, it got here on Monday. Stressful weekend that’s for sure.

Glad you got your ring and bracelet. Enjoy in good health!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock

I hope WF adds the settings as a stock item to reduce the cost so that more can enjoy the style.

I've been thinking about approx. .60ctw for my second holes, but I'd want the same settings and don't want to pay the price.

Looking forward to seeing both sets of your studs!

WindyCitySparkle

Shiny_Rock
I hope WF adds the settings as a stock item to reduce the cost so that more can enjoy the style.

I've been thinking about approx. .60ctw for my second holes, but I'd want the same settings and don't want to pay the price.

Looking forward to seeing both sets of your studs!

Thank you!!! I did specifically ask them about using your CADs - I even considered going to the exact same carat weight as your daughter in law if that would allow me to do so, but they said it would not affect the process or price. So I couldn’t do it. I agree with you though. BGD has a similar setting style but not nearly the inventory of stones in the 1-1.5 range.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Well, no. My style is very understated (in truth, I’m in pajamas most of the time), and I have 4 kids who keep me from getting too high on the horse. I just really love jewelry.

Same =)2 At my old job I wore a suit but these days business casual is high fashion and jeans and a t-shirt are typical. Not gonna let the jewelry sit around in the dark. It is like art, kind of like interchangeable tattoos, that you get to carry around and stare at all day.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
This coming week is supposed to be the last until my ring is completed. DK's uber bench is making my ring so that’s why its taking a month but I'm so excited to see the craftmanship! I also can't wait to see my diamonds, I haven't seen my center since I think February. Soon, my babies! Soon!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results