shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Welp, looks like I was prematurely premature. Saw both plastics and CAD approval has been made but my ring won’t be done until 20 days later (I believe business days?). Probably due to Mother’s Day. Oh well, can’t rush perfection!

Is anyone else’s closer to completion?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
It really does help a lot. I had approved my CAD and thought there was nothing else I would change but once I received the model and put it on, I knew it wasn't it. It still wasn't enough finger coverage, hence the bigger side stones, and in person the setting just didn't have the fluidity I desired. I also tried something new that was not usually my aesthetic but thought I would think outside the box but it just didn't work on me. I am very glad that DK supplies these models. They really help tremendously.

Now that you know, will you be asking for one? Will you remind me what you are waiting for?

Does DK provide plastic models to everyone? I didn’t get one. @MamaBee @AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Welp, looks like I was prematurely premature. Saw both plastics and CAD approval has been made but my ring won’t be done until 20 days later (I believe business days?). Probably due to Mother’s Day. Oh well, can’t rush perfection!

Is anyone else’s closer to completion?

I’m waiting for my plastic model. Amy said once I approve it, it can be done in 10 days but didn’t say if it’s business days or regular calendar days. I’m in no rush, rather it’s done perfectly. I’ve waited 5 years for this ring.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I’m waiting for my plastic model. Amy said once I approve it, it can be done in 10 days but didn’t say if it’s business days or regular calendar days. I’m in no rush, rather it’s done perfectly. I’ve waited 5 years for this ring.

10 days! Lucky butt! Wonder why mine is taking double the time... different benches?

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
10 days! Lucky butt! Wonder why mine is taking double the time... different benches?

Is yours a complex setting? Mine is an eternity ring so I’m assuming that it’s more straightforward once I‘m comfortable with the model?

BTW, just got an email that the plastic model should arrive tomorrow. I’m not going to be able to sleep now. Lol.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Is yours a complex setting? Mine is an eternity ring so I’m assuming that it’s more straightforward once I‘m comfortable with the model?

BTW, just got an email that the plastic model should arrive tomorrow. I’m not going to be able to sleep now. Lol.

Oh yea, probably. I forgot yours is an eternity and mine has milgrain and such. Cant wait to hear what you think about your plastics! What time does UPS usually deliver?

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
The tracking said it’s supposed to be here by noon but since the pandemic started it’s been hit and miss. I hope it comes before 2 pm as I have to take DD to her appointment and I’ll been on pins and needles the whole time if it hasn’t arrived before I leave.

Yours sounds beautiful. Any pic/inspiration pic?

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
The tracking said it’s supposed to be here by noon but since the pandemic started it’s been hit and miss. I hope it comes before 2 pm as I have to take DD to her appointment and I’ll been on pins and needles the whole time if it hasn’t arrived before I leave.

Yours sounds beautiful. Any pic/inspiration pic?

Fingers crossed it gets to you before 2!

My ring isn’t anything super intricate, quite simple really. Just a regular 8 prong center, 6 prong side, antique inspired crown setting with some very slight tweaks.

Here’s a pic of my second to last CAD. I made some minor changes and approved so I didn’t need a final CAD.

8D645B30-6C07-46E9-900A-BD874C13F1B2.jpeg

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers crossed it gets to you before 2!

My ring isn’t anything super intricate, quite simple really. Just a regular 8 prong center, 6 prong side, antique inspired crown setting with some very slight tweaks.

Here’s a pic of my second to last CAD. I made some minor changes and approved so I didn’t need a final CAD.

8D645B30-6C07-46E9-900A-BD874C13F1B2.jpeg

This looks so pretty! Hope they finish it soon and can’t wait to see pics when it’s completed.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya know, good question. This is my first time working with DK. But I'm assuming that since I'm just having him alter an existing setting, I probably won't get/need a mold?

For general easy things I don’t get one or even request one. I may request one with my Ashlee reset because she’s a bitty and I’m setting her E/W..

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
The model came in around noon. Yay! I’ve been wearing it for the whole afternoon. Amy suggested I cut off the prongs so they’re not prickly and I can get a better feel. Anyone has a suggestion on what I can use to trim off the edge of the prongs so not leave jagged edges? I don’t want to make it even more prickly.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
The model came in around noon. Yay! I’ve been wearing it for the whole afternoon. Amy suggested I cut off the prongs so they’re not prickly and I can get a better feel. Anyone has a suggestion on what I can use to trim off the edge of the prongs so not leave jagged edges? I don’t want to make it even more prickly.

I used a cuticle cutter and a nail file.
Do you like it?

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I used a cuticle cutter and a nail file.
Do you like it?

When I first saw it, I thought to myself the diamonds look rather tiny. I don’t know what I expected. They’re 0.30 ct each not 1 ct. Lol. Overall it looks great! I did ask David if 0.35ct or 0.40ct will show bigger but he said they’re indiscernible to the 0.30ct, unless I go up to 0.50ct. And then I was thinking that it may be a bit too overwhelming and not the look I was going for so 0.30ct it is. I’ll go try the cuticle cutter now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Now this is turning out to be rather puzzling. Just got an email from DK saying that don’t go by the size of the ring because the model usually comes out tighter. But I like this exact size. How would I know what size it is then? I don’t have one of those ring size measurement rod. Hmm... Hopefully they can figure it out at their end. May be they can make another model and measure it at their shop.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking forward to receiving blue zircon drop earrings next week from the UK. It was (sort of) an impulse purchase. I have always loved blue zircon and just a week ago started thinking I would love blue zircon OEC drop earrings. I messaged one of my favorite jewelry people and she said she had something arriving that fit my request. A few days later she emailed me photos and voila. Just a sweet little purchase. Nothing fancy but perfect for what I wanted. Now I just hope in person it's what I envisioned.

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 7.24.55 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am looking forward to receiving blue zircon drop earrings next week from the UK. It was (sort of) an impulse purchase. I have always loved blue zircon and just a week ago started thinking I would love blue zircon OEC drop earrings. I messaged one of my favorite jewelry people and she said she had something arriving that fit my request. A few days later she emailed me photos and voila. Just a sweet little purchase. Nothing fancy but perfect for what I wanted. Now I just hope in person it's what I envisioned.

I love them @missy I think they will look beautiful and feminine on your ears!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock

Such a pretty blue! Please share mod pic when they come in.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11 I was supposed to get it on Thursday but I decided to go to our other house today. I called them and asked to have it shipped on Monday.

Missed my delivery on Friday :(. I was busy at work and didn’t get to check details of tracking. I didn’t expect my husband to go out on errands but also my fault I forgot to tell him that I’m expecting a package. So it will be redelivered on Monday. We both have appts to go to. Hope we don’t miss it again.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missed my delivery on Friday :(. I was busy at work and didn’t get to check details of tracking. I didn’t expect my husband to go out on errands but also my fault I forgot to tell him that I’m expecting a package. So it will be redelivered on Monday. We both have appts to go to. Hope we don’t miss it again.

That’s so frustrating that you missed your delivery. I really hated having to
call to tell them to ship on Monday. I have things I have to go to next week
so hope it will be delivered on a day I can be home.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results