shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on Instagram and I absolutely love it! I have a pear as well and this may be the most beautiful halo I have even seen around a pear. I love the different sized melee

Thank you! I opened the box and was like “Wow”. I did not expect to love it as much as I do. The setting also somehow makes the diamond look more white and of course larger. I placed it side by side next to my ACA and it looks bigger and brighter somehow. Very happy with the setting!
Adding more pictures bc why not? D19A06C8-592D-4089-A28B-446C2BCCC05E.png B3CDB132-9B71-4F49-80DA-7A301663593A.jpeg F82ED3BE-7E86-4F9E-816B-B7EEFB8C553F.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My pear arrived! It’s beautiful but bigger looking than I thought. It’s bigger looking than my ACA IMO! She is also so white looking. She looks great in her new dress! I can’t decide on what band I should with her yet. 41873E17-A145-4DDC-AD84-C3CBD1929DB5.jpeg F37F674B-F106-48BD-B145-0D2C8815C266.jpeg 9E4E89F6-7DBB-4739-A8A7-95F8E59F65B3.jpeg

Wow! Your pear in her new setting is drop dead stunning!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When the fed ex tracking said it was at the location, then looped back to say it was still at the local sorting facility... (maybe en route, about 10 minutes away...?), you have a beer and just wait it out! F95CED2F-7E53-45B6-B03D-393BC34DF0DD.jpeg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Decided not to wait it out after 40 more minutes ... came back home and got the phone call that the package arrived 20 minutes after I decided to give up!

Should hopefully have the earrings in about another hour and a half!

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Decided not to wait it out after 40 more minutes ... came back home and got the phone call that the package arrived 20 minutes after I decided to give up!

Should hopefully have the earrings in about another hour and a half!

Apparently it’s been delivered by Murphy.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I waited for nearly 3 weeks for 2 rings to come in at the store. Went to try them on today. Meant to be for my right hand. While I liked them enough I don’t love ‘em. Came home with something else for my 30th anniversary tomorrow. Still in the box so can’t show it yet.

These were the ones I tried on. They’re gorgeous but didn’t quite complement my LHR. 694717CC-8670-48C8-9E1A-9385D5CAF8BE.jpeg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the bad photo but my pendant arrived. It was a total impulse purchase and I wasn't sure if I would love it as much in person, but it's perfect! It's low key enough for every day but really unique at the same time. I'm not the type to wear jewelry 24/7 but this one is not coming off my neck!
20210330_145456.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the bad photo but my pendant arrived. It was a total impulse purchase and I wasn't sure if I would love it as much in person, but it's perfect! It's low key enough for every day but really unique at the same time. I'm not the type to wear jewelry 24/7 but this one is not coming off my neck!
20210330_145456.jpg

Very pretty!!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Welp! The sisters have been sent off to DK. He should be getting them on the same day I get the plastics! I asked for two slight variations. One will have the stones set .5mm lower so we will see which works better!

I miss the the gals already.

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
Welp! The sisters have been sent off to DK. He should be getting them on the same day I get the plastics! I asked for two slight variations. One will have the stones set .5mm lower so we will see which works better!

If you again decide on not keeping them and upgrading size - can I call dibs on them plzzzzzzzzz

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry newbie here. What plastics are you getting?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My band reset is done! I should have it by Thursday!
60EA1E51-D713-404A-84DB-11CE56569FAA.jpeg

Attachments

• 1BA6A933-F5F7-47BF-82C2-933F7F05B1FE.jpeg
    1BA6A933-F5F7-47BF-82C2-933F7F05B1FE.jpeg
    663.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 27495D51-F2F8-4DCE-BE18-B59794D71B93.jpeg
    27495D51-F2F8-4DCE-BE18-B59794D71B93.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 7

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry newbie here. What plastics are you getting?

DK supplies plastic models of the CADs to make sure everything is perfect before casting. If you search PS for "DK plastic models" I'm sure a few threads will show up.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
DK supplies plastic models of the CADs to make sure everything is perfect before casting. If you search PS for "DK plastic models" I'm sure a few threads will show up.

Thank you, @Spring Day. =)2 I went and re-read DK’s email to me and he mentioned plastic model. Now I know what it means. It’s so nice to be able to get to see this. I’ve never had anything like that before.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @Spring Day. =)2 I went and re-read DK’s email to me and he mentioned plastic model. Now I know what it means. It’s so nice to be able to get to see this. I’ve never had anything like that before.

It really does help a lot. I had approved my CAD and thought there was nothing else I would change but once I received the model and put it on, I knew it wasn't it. It still wasn't enough finger coverage, hence the bigger side stones, and in person the setting just didn't have the fluidity I desired. I also tried something new that was not usually my aesthetic but thought I would think outside the box but it just didn't work on me. I am very glad that DK supplies these models. They really help tremendously.

Now that you know, will you be asking for one? Will you remind me what you are waiting for?

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
It really does help a lot. I had approved my CAD and thought there was nothing else I would change but once I received the model and put it on, I knew it wasn't it. It still wasn't enough finger coverage, hence the bigger side stones, and in person the setting just didn't have the fluidity I desired. I also tried something new that was not usually my aesthetic but thought I would think outside the box but it just didn't work on me. I am very glad that DK supplies these models. They really help tremendously.

Now that you know, will you be asking for one? Will you remind me what you are waiting for?
I’m really glad that DK supplies the models too. I‘m waiting for an eternity ring and have asked for it to be really low profile so it doesn’t bother me on the sides of my fingers. I just emailed to ask for the model. Even my husband suggested that I asked for it to make sure it fits properly since eternity rings are harder to get resized.

On a separate note, do you know if DK sets the stones himself? Amy said she was going to show an example pic I sent to her ‘best setter’. I got confused I thought the bench does that himself?

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I’m really glad that DK supplies the models too. I‘m waiting for an eternity ring and have asked for it to be really low profile so it doesn’t bother me on the sides of my fingers. I just emailed to ask for the model. Even my husband suggested that I asked for it to make sure it fits properly since eternity rings are harder to get resized.

On a separate note, do you know if DK sets the stones himself? Amy said she was going to show an example pic I sent to her ‘best setter’. I got confused I thought the bench does that himself?

I'm confused on what you're asking. DK does not set the stones himself. He has benches that do that kind of work. If she is showing pics to her best setter, they would be part of those benches.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm confused on what you're asking. DK does not set the stones himself. He has benches that do that kind of work. If she is showing pics to her best setter, they would be part of those benches.

Ahhh...okay now this makes sense. I’ve only dealt with local jewellers here that would do all the work themselves from beginning to end (hand forged). This is all new to me. Thanks for clarifying.

Ahhh...okay now this makes sense. I’ve only dealt with local jewellers here that would do all the work themselves from beginning to end (hand forged). This is all new to me. Thanks for clarifying.

Ya. DK is the owner but not also a bench jeweler like Sako or Daniel M. And no worries. Lots of names thrown around here on PS. And when you think you've learned them all, new folks arrive on the scene.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results