shape
carat
color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
What a stunning ring!! Details please♥️.
Where did you find the amazing stones and who set them for you?

Love the box as well by the way. Is it the vendor box?

Thank you so much!
The Paraiba is 0.85ct and is very clean, the hot pink is 1.23ct, the melees are 1.5mm each and set in 14k RG. I bought this from a seller from Hong Kong, her name is Tiffany, IG @tgems.hk. She made the ring too.
Yes this is the vendor box, very heavy one.

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
wow- just catching up on this thread. So many beautiful Paraiba gems and jewelry that I hadn't seen!! I've been drooling!!

I am about to add a new little ring to my collection.

My 20th anniversary is next month and to celebrate 20 married years with my best friend I decided I would like a Toi et Moi ring- the sentiment just matched my feelings. So then, I had to decide which of my gems to set in it. A no brainer for me was my original engagement ring princess cut diamond. I liked the idea of using my neglected diamond which had just been sitting in my jewelry box, but I am too sentimental to sell it. And then looking through my gem boxes I kept going back to a pretty little (.62) paraiba pear I purchased from Yvonne back in 2016. Perfect! Not only is it one of my husband's favorite stones and color, but it reminds me of the carribean waters where we got married. But, I felt like I needed a little accent color, so back to the jewelry box and picked out a couple of intense pink argyle diamond melee stones. Then went to work on the design. I sent David Klass my design concept with some sketches and he saw my vision perfectly. I wanted an easy to wear, not too blingy ring, that was a little quirky. I'm pretty happy with the results. Here is a preview photo from David and I should have this little cutie next week. Introducing the Princess and the Pea...r. DKPV2021___04__14____76759____76759 (1).jpg

:kiss2:I absolutely love your 20th anniversary present!! Congratulations!

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Hello All.
I never really paid attention to paraiba tourmalines until now. But OMG they are so bright, beautiful, and fluorescent I just love them!!!

Thank you Ladies for schooling me!!
:kiss2::appl::kiss2:

Of course now I'm looking for an indicolite tourmaline - more my price range as I'd need a 10 x 8mm to replace the stone in my OroSpot ring.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thank you so much!! It's a really nice, easy style to wear casually which totally fits my coastal lifestyle!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Patiently waiting for your in action pics… . What a beauty. Have you been wearing the ring? How do you evaluate her?

Loooove the amazing glow

I've been super busy and just haven't had time to take more photos. And, really, after seeing so many lovely hands on here, I don't think you or anyone else would enjoy looking at my old wrinkly ones-haha!! But, I have been wearing my ring and just love it for comfort and just enough casual bling. I don't think my choice of using the 2 little intense pink diamonds was the best as they don't show up in the antique gold as much as they would have in rose gold, so in retrospect I should have just saved them for another project. However, David being the wonderful service oriented and meticulous jeweler that he is, offered to change them out for me any time I want, but I figure that I know they are there and basically the ring is for me (and, well, maybe my hubby) so I am going to keep them in place. They are special and so is my 20th anniversary. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been super busy and just haven't had time to take more photos. And, really, after seeing so many lovely hands on here, I don't think you or anyone else would enjoy looking at my old wrinkly ones-haha!! But, I have been wearing my ring and just love it for comfort and just enough casual bling. I don't think my choice of using the 2 little intense pink diamonds was the best as they don't show up in the antique gold as much as they would have in rose gold, so in retrospect I should have just saved them for another project. However, David being the wonderful service oriented and meticulous jeweler that he is, offered to change them out for me any time I want, but I figure that I know they are there and basically the ring is for me (and, well, maybe my hubby) so I am going to keep them in place. They are special and so is my 20th anniversary. :)

Would love to see your hands. I bet they are gorgeous. All PS hands are stunning♥️
Enjoy your anniversary. David is a true darling indeed and wants you to be happy. Think about it a little bit longer

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
These are beautiful! Do you mind sharing where they were purchased?

From a Japanese seller on Rakuten who doesn’t deliver outside of Japan so you need to use a forwarder if you want to buy. And returns is practically impossible… Is that something you would consider? I just checked and that seller has sapphire and tsav versions left (no more paraiba).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
89DFF76D-C858-4950-A2A3-0430C4139676.jpeg 97587380-068B-4220-8294-96B858F483C7.jpeg
@elle_71125 has received her stunning new ring! Center stone is a Paraiba YAG by Gene. Gorgeous! The stone is beautifully set with white diamonds by Daniel M. Great choice as always from @elle_71125
Let’s encourage Elle to post a lot more pics and to treat us with a group Paraiba/ Paraiba YAG pic♥️

voce

Ideal_Rock
While we're waiting on Elle's group shots, I will post the family pic I took of my rings. No plan to get any more paraiba unless the price and time are just right. These were taken at night, artificial light. The top right front features mostly emeralds, but the trillion gems are paraiba. PXL_20220501_055534054.jpg PXL_20220501_055530286.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While we're waiting on Elle's group shots, I will post the family pic I took of my rings. No plan to get any more paraiba unless the price and time are just right. These were taken at night, artificial light. The top right front features mostly emeralds, but the trillion gems are paraiba. PXL_20220501_055534054.jpg PXL_20220501_055530286.jpg

Waaah! What a stunning Paraiba collection. Thank you so much for posting this group pic. Your stones are amazing and so are your settings. Each setting let’s the stone pop and each is a piece of art

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
I dipped my toe into the paraiba world and I am hooked!

I received my first paraiba, this marquis trio, from DesertRose just last week. The larger marquis is 0.25ct (6.9x2.8mm), and the smaller pair is 0.27ctw (5.1x2.5mm).
Vendor's picture:
DR1.JPG
My pictures:
MarquiseTrio.JPG

I was going to set them together as a ring with this Harry Winston ring as the inspiration, but now I already changed the plan with a new purchase this week (to be continued;)2).
HarryWinston.jpg

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
I could not resist and bought this oval pair from the wonderful DesertRose this weekend! The slightly larger blue oval is 0.58ct (6.5x5.0mm) and the more green-blue oval is 0.57ct (6.2x4.7mm).

Vendor's picture:
DR1.JPG

My pictures: in overcast sun:
IMG_6478.jpg
in shade with the marquis trio.
IMG_6482.jpg

So within half a month, I went from no paraiba to a trio and a pair!
I am now considering having the marquis trio made into unsymmetrical earrings, still with the Harry Winston design as the inspiration. I prefer to have the two oval made into one ring; if I do not find a design I love, I may have two rings made! Crazily exciting!

Last edited:

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
You've been busy! I know you've made up your mind, more ideas, just in case. They just look smashing together imo.

By David Morris

5750.jpg

1109105.jpg Paraiba-Tourmaline-Ring-High-Jewellery.jpg
Wow, luscious examples :lickout: .
Actually I have not decided on the inspiration or design of a two-oval ring yet. Ideas are very much welcome! In order not to hijack this thread, I will start a new thread on this soon.

I could not resist and bought this oval pair from the wonderful DesertRose this weekend! The slightly larger blue oval is 0.58ct (6.5x5.0mm) and the more green-blue oval is 0.57ct (6.2x4.7mm).

Vendor's picture:
DR1.JPG

IMG_6478.jpg
IMG_6482.jpg

I am now considering having the marquis trio made into unsymmetrical earrings, still with the Harry Winston design as the inspiration. I prefer to have the two oval made into one ring; if I do not find a design I love, I may have two rings made! Crazily exciting!

Wow the saturation (?) is just insane! :kiss2:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vendor's picture:
DR1.JPG

IMG_6478.jpg
IMG_6482.jpg

What a collection! Loooove the glow. You are on a roll. Looking forward to follow the setting process.

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
Any thoughts on this tiny guy from DesertRose? (thought it's not worth a new thread and sorry for threadjacking)
.42cts and 5.5x3.7mm. It was priced at 1k and I put a hold on it.
It all started with the idea of finding/pairing a tiny neon cobalt spinel with a paraiba ... I'm willing to go even smaller for better color but that's what's available at this time.
1654369436399.png
1654369636332.png
(the one on the right)

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vendor's picture:
DR1.JPG

IMG_6478.jpg
IMG_6482.jpg

Welcome to the super addictive world of paraibas. :lol:
I absolutely can not wait to see what you do with these beauties. They are stunning!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any thoughts on this tiny guy from DesertRose? (thought it's not worth a new thread and sorry for threadjacking)
.42cts and 5.5x3.7mm. It was priced at 1k and I put a hold on it.
It all started with the idea of finding/pairing a tiny neon cobalt spinel with a paraiba ... I'm willing to go even smaller for better color but that's what's available at this time.
1654369436399.png
1654369636332.png
(the one on the right)

Love it! Glowy and pretty colour

Candylover

Rough_Rock
2 years ago I bought a cab paraiba as push present, it's cheaper and have more coverage than a faceted paraiba. Although it has many inclusions it is still beautiful. I have finally created this ring last year and I just love it! Not many occasions to wear it but it is so beautiful and cute. I did not want it to be mainly surrounded by diamonds so I asked my jeweller to get some liac sapphire to compliment the stone. 20221110_102114.jpg

mayday

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, that is a beauty! I also love paraiba cabs. This unexpected color halo is sublime. It looks so good on you! More pics, please?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results