shape
carat
color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago I deleted all my photos from Pricescope but can see that they've been found hiding somewhere and posted at the beginning of this thread but honestly some of the best ones weren't there so .............. let's put that right! The group shot doesn't show them to their best as the lighting was awful and I took the photo about 8 years ago! Also, there are at least 4 or 5 in the group shot that I don't think should be considered PT (although they have the right chemical makeup). To me those ones are just nice Tourmalines. I'm also going to show you a contraversial piece - a purple Paraiba Tourmaline. Now this has all the chemical make-up of a PT and has a lab report confirming that BUT do we call it a PT? I don't know. The jury's out and whatever we label it, I still like it!

Purple Paraiba Tourmaline.jpg

Paraiba Oval.jpg Paraiba Tourmaline Cushion 2 point 44ct.JPG Paraiba Tourmaline square cut 2.JPG Paraiba Pendant1.png Paraiba Brazilian Cab 4ct 3.jpg Paraiba & Cuprian Tourmalines 2.JPG

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago I deleted all my photos from Pricescope but can see that they've been found hiding somewhere and posted at the beginning of this thread but honestly some of the best ones weren't there so .............. let's put that right! The group shot doesn't show them to their best as the lighting was awful and I took the photo about 8 years ago! Also, there are at least 4 or 5 in the group shot that I don't think should be considered PT (although they have the right chemical makeup). To me those ones are just nice Tourmalines. I'm also going to show you a contraversial piece - a purple Paraiba Tourmaline. Now this has all the chemical make-up of a PT and has a lab report confirming that BUT do we call it a PT? I don't know. The jury's out and whatever we label it, I still like it!

Paraiba Oval.jpg Paraiba Tourmaline Cushion 2 point 44ct.JPG Paraiba Tourmaline square cut 2.JPG Paraiba Pendant1.png Paraiba Brazilian Cab 4ct 3.jpg Paraiba & Cuprian Tourmalines 2.JPG

LD I am so jealous of all of these! Amazing! The pendant and the oval with the three diamond band type ring are my favorites.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for posting these! What a dream collection. I hope you will post even more glowy pics.
Have you set your marquise cab?
And: which one is your personal favourite?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD I am so jealous of all of these! Amazing! The pendant and the oval with the three diamond band type ring are my favorites.

Those are my favourites too!

Thank you for posting these! What a dream collection. I hope you will post even more glowy pics.
Have you set your marquise cab?
And: which one is your personal favourite?

Thank you - I do have more than the photos show but they're all tucked away and I very rarely wear them now. I haven't set the marquise cab because it's a really odd one. It seems to lose it's neon properties when anything is behind it. I've not played around too much with it though so perhaps I should! My favourites are the same two that @distracts picked out but I also like the oval in the halo.

Kittycarnage

Rough_Rock
Hi! I've been lurking on this page and have read every single post from page one. Now's my turn to post.

Like many others here, Paraiba tourmaline is my dream gem. I've been looking for a ring with one for a very long time. Some time ago a vintage jewelry shop posted this absolute stunner. I immediately contacted the owner asking for the price out of curiosity, mentally preparing myself for it to be astronomical especially because this is a rather large stone. But to my surprise it was affordable and I could pay in installments! It even came with a lab certificate.

It's still not officially mine yet, I'm still paying it off. I told the shop owner to take some photos of it in the sun for me and she kindly obliged.

I admit I got a bit emotional seeing the photos because the signature paraiba glow was even more brilliant than I imagined. I can't wait to finally have it.

IMG-20210722-WA0020.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0025.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0024.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0026.jpg

Last edited:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I've been lurking on this page and have read every single post from page one. Now's my turn to post.

Like many others here, Paraiba tourmaline is my dream gem. I've been looking for a ring with one for a very long time. Some time ago a vintage jewelry shop posted this absolute stunner. I immediately contacted the owner asking for the price out of curiosity, mentally preparing myself for it to be astronomical especially because this is a rather large stone. But to my surprise it was affordable and I could pay in installments! It even came with a lab certificate.

It's still not officially mine yet, I'm still paying it off. I told the shop owner to take some photos of it in the sun for me and she kindly obliged.

I admit I got a bit emotional seeing the photos because the signature paraiba glow was even more brilliant than I imagined. I can't wait to finally have it.

IMG-20210722-WA0020.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0025.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0024.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0026.jpg

Wow! Congrats With This Amazing find. What a beautiful stone And glow. Looking forward to admire Your in action pics once You have received the girl

Kittycarnage

Rough_Rock
Wow! Congrats With This Amazing find. What a beautiful stone And glow. Looking forward to admire Your in action pics once You have received the girl

I definitely will, thank you! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it either and wasted no time snapping it up.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Have you received your beautiful ring? Can’t wait to admire it

@Autumn in New England has a fabulous rainbow collection. Such rich and vibrant colours. Do You spot her Paraiba tourmaline? Let’s encourage her to inform us how she will set it.
84B39119-6846-4556-8E6F-1358A487B744.jpeg

I must say, I'm so flattered you would include me in this very special thread! You all have such incredible collections (and your paraiba is bonkers, @Acinom!). Yes, you'll notice my wee paraiba is the middle stone in the bottom row. To the right of it is an apatite. To the left is an aqua. Anyway! I will be setting them in an 18kyg pendant, haloing a large rainbow ammolite. I will set a diamond at the top near the bail. :mrgreen2:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
wow- just catching up on this thread. So many beautiful Paraiba gems and jewelry that I hadn't seen!! I've been drooling!!

I am about to add a new little ring to my collection.

My 20th anniversary is next month and to celebrate 20 married years with my best friend I decided I would like a Toi et Moi ring- the sentiment just matched my feelings. So then, I had to decide which of my gems to set in it. A no brainer for me was my original engagement ring princess cut diamond. I liked the idea of using my neglected diamond which had just been sitting in my jewelry box, but I am too sentimental to sell it. And then looking through my gem boxes I kept going back to a pretty little (.62) paraiba pear I purchased from Yvonne back in 2016. Perfect! Not only is it one of my husband's favorite stones and color, but it reminds me of the carribean waters where we got married. But, I felt like I needed a little accent color, so back to the jewelry box and picked out a couple of intense pink argyle diamond melee stones. Then went to work on the design. I sent David Klass my design concept with some sketches and he saw my vision perfectly. I wanted an easy to wear, not too blingy ring, that was a little quirky. I'm pretty happy with the results. Here is a preview photo from David and I should have this little cutie next week. Introducing the Princess and the Pea...r. DKPV2021___04__14____76759____76759 (1).jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow- just catching up on this thread. So many beautiful Paraiba gems and jewelry that I hadn't seen!! I've been drooling!!

My 20th anniversary is next month and to celebrate 20 married years with my best friend I decided I would like a Toi et Moi ring- the sentiment just matched my feelings. So then, I had to decide which of my gems to set in it. A no brainer for me was my original engagement ring princess cut diamond. I liked the idea of using my neglected diamond which had just been sitting in my jewelry box, but I am too sentimental to sell it. And then looking through my gem boxes I kept going back to a pretty little (.62) paraiba pear I purchased from Yvonne back in 2016. Perfect! Not only is it one of my husband's favorite stones and color, but it reminds me of the carribean waters where we got married. But, I felt like I needed a little accent color, so back to the jewelry box and picked out a couple of intense pink argyle diamond melee stones. Then went to work on the design. I sent David Klass my design concept with some sketches and he saw my vision perfectly. I wanted an easy to wear, not too blingy ring, that was a little quirky. I'm pretty happy with the results. Here is a preview photo from David and I should have this little cutie next week. Introducing the Princess and the Pea...r. DKPV2021___04__14____76759____76759 (1).jpg

This is stunning! :kiss2: Happy (almost) 20 year anniversary! What a milestone!

Where on earth did you find an asscher cut PT?! :eek2: That group photo is incredible... and the purple is definitely still "paraiba!!" If it's copper bearing elbaite, then she'll do. :D I love the non-blues.

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock

That paraiba color and the princess cut!!! Such a beautiful and special ring! Happy 20-year anniversary!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
These may or not be copper bearing, and certainly not great, but I didn't pay a bunch so I'm ok just looking at the slight glow. If I could find a great setter that worked in Sterling silver (the kind that doesn't tarnish) I might find a fun way to set them. I realize DanielM does, but it appears his turn around time can be long and so I've held off. I'd love to find someone local that did nice SS work. I live in the greater DC area, so I'm sure they are out there, I just haven't found them. This photo washes them out, but I think they'd look nice bezeled in a type of three stone setting. trillion tourmaline.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
This is stunning! :kiss2: Happy (almost) 20 year anniversary! What a milestone!

thank you so much, elle_71125- can't wait to see it in person!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
That paraiba color and the princess cut!!! Such a beautiful and special ring! Happy 20-year anniversary!

thank you Atwater! I wanted a ring to have significance for this anniversary and this accomplishes that. It's a ring that seems joyful and happy to me.

22D87F5A-DE07-431D-BB20-D3488EAA9BEE.jpeg
@Autumn in New England has a secret Paraiba stash! Look at this glowing beauty. How will you set her? Do You have more Paraiba in your jewelry box?

lol I was actually going to post it here today! Thank you for thinking enough of it to share, my friend!! That's it for my paraiba stash... it's my "main" stone and then I have a few accent pieces. The black spots in the center are a reflection from my phone. I desperately need a white case! It's a little over 2ct. (9x7mm) and very clean. I'm not sure what to do with it yet! Maybe I can get some inspiration from our jewelry buffs!! I am a pretty seasoned rockhound, but not great when it comes to the jewelry design part. :roll:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I've been avoiding this thread because its the one stone I really want - a glowing cab - but buying at the height of the market doesn't work with my budget. But I'm glad I got over myself and decided to look - such beautiful stones and creations. What a dream!!!:kiss2:

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
My bluish green Mozambique "Paraiba" with hot pink Tourmaline set in rose gold. 76C5D38F-ACFF-4590-974B-028EEA879632.jpeg

Attachments

• A1A6A8D2-B2BE-4CB5-8060-A65EB490EF98.jpeg
    A1A6A8D2-B2BE-4CB5-8060-A65EB490EF98.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 437114CF-A548-4552-8FD7-D97522ABC918.jpeg
    437114CF-A548-4552-8FD7-D97522ABC918.jpeg
    352.6 KB · Views: 255

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here!!!!! And looking pretty glowy today P4191110.jpg

Patiently waiting for your in action pics… . What a beauty. Have you been wearing the ring? How do you evaluate her?

Loooove the amazing glow

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My bluish green Mozambique "Paraiba" with hot pink Tourmaline set in rose gold. 76C5D38F-ACFF-4590-974B-028EEA879632.jpeg

What a stunning ring!! Details please♥️.
Where did you find the amazing stones and who set them for you?

Love the box as well by the way. Is it the vendor box?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results