shape
carat
color
clarity

The search is over!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I have my wedding band!!!

After a long search and lots of changing my mind, it''s finally here! My FI surprised me by ordering it early, and when I came home from overnight call at the hospital, there was a package slip in my mailbox...and there it was!

Initially I wanted a curved band to sit flush with the very low gallery of my e-ring. I''m not a gap lover, and I thought that any amount of a gap would bother me. However, I couldn''t seem to find anything that looked "right" and would have needed to go custom. WF showed me a great example of a custom curved band, but it was a little more expensive than I was looking for. So then I went to Tiffany''s and tried on the Etoile, which I loved, so I looked into getting the
WF scattered diamond band and was pretty much set on buying the 3mm band. But then I tried on a bezel set round diamond eternity band at a local jeweler in Pittsburgh, similar to the Tiffany Jazz but actually alternating between larger and smaller round diamonds. It was really beautiful and suited me the best, but I didn''t want to pay B&M prices, so I kept looking.

At some point I was browsing around PS and noticed that someone had linked to this eternity band from Blue Nile. It...was...PERFECT! Princess cut stones set on point to match the surprise diamonds in my e-ring, alternating with smaller round diamonds in the style of the one I liked at the B&M...what more could I ask for! And it was very affordable in Platinum. So that was it!

I think I will still order the WF scattered diamond band in the near future, but in WG to wear as a RHR, probably in the 4mm size, which would have been overpowering with my e-ring, but would look elegant on its own. I feel a bit guilty for not ordering from WF, but it would have been a lot more expensive to custom-design this eternity band through WF, and the perfect band was sitting right in front of my eyes at BN.

Anyway, enough rambling...onto the pics!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The bling that greeted me when I opened the box...

jstar-ringinbox.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
On top of the box...

jstar-ringonbox.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
With the e-ring...

jstar-ringsonbox.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Handshot of the band alone...

jstar-handshot1.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
SDlady, you beat me to the punch! Here''s a handshot with both rings...

jstar-handshot2.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Profile-ish shot...

jstar-handshot3.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
And just for fun, the flip side! Ignore the pen marks; I have a tendency to write on my palms when I can''t find paper...

jstar-handshot-back.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
A close-up of one of the handshots, to show how the bands fit together...

I love that it *almost* sits flush, with just the teeny tiny gaps between the bezel set stones and my e-ring. The kite-set princesses "hug" the gallery with the little round in between, creating a notch that my ring just slides right into. It''s really perfect!

The only thing is that it''s a little too big, but there''s not much I can do about that. BN doesn''t do quarter sizes, and the half size down would have been too small to get over my big honkin'' knuckle (I tried a band on in that size twice at Tiffany''s, and it fit fine one day, and then couldn''t get over my knuckle on a warmer day). I might consider sizing beads if it bothers me. Not sure how that will work with an eternity band, but it''s not a huge issue anyway.

jstar-closeup.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 5:04:18 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Good for you! Hand shots?????!!! I too would like a WF scattered diamond band.. but I am thinking too, I''d like it to be diamonds/sapphs... so.. who knows :)

Yeah, actually something like this would be my dream RHR, but I can settle for the WF band!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I just keep staring at these rings together...it''s going to be such a long wait until our wedding in May!

And on another note...1000 posts...woohoo!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Love it, looks great with your ering. Maybe we can get a bulk discount and all get scattered band RHRs from Whiteflash. I love that one too.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!!!!
30.gif
I just love it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
OMG that''s GORGEOUS!!! I absolutely love that band!
36.gif
Yay for you!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL and UNIQUE (which I love) set! Congrats!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all! I''m so excited and can''t wait to wear it every day. It really jazzes up my solitaire.

MMT, a bulk discount is the stuff dreams are made of...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. It looks great alone and with your gorgeous ring.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your set looks great together! I love it!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your eternity band!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, its really beautiful! I L
30.gif
VE the non-matchy look! It looks FAB on your hand!
36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I''m also a fan of non-matchy. I think the combo with your e-ring is perfect!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Your set is gorgeous! I love that it''s non-matchy but still looks like it was meant to go together.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 6:35:01 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Thank you all! I''m so excited and can''t wait to wear it every day. It really jazzes up my solitaire.

MMT, a bulk discount is the stuff dreams are made of...
Your hilarious!!!!!!

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
That''s beautiful and looks great on your hand! Do you know what the width is? Is it slightly wider than the one you tried on at Tiffanys or about the same?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much to all of you for your kind words!

Date: 10/12/2008 7:36:01 PM
Author: lovinsparkles
That''s beautiful and looks great on your hand! Do you know what the width is? Is it slightly wider than the one you tried on at Tiffanys or about the same?

You know, BN says the width is 3.6 mm, but it''s really not. The princesses are 3mm point-to-point and the rounds are 2mm in diameter, counting the bezels. It''s very similar to the Tiffany Jazz and Swing bands that I tried on (as well as the other B&M store band with the alternating larger and smaller rounds). I''m not sure how wide the Jazz is, but all I can say is that it looks pretty similar.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
That band is so cool! It looks great with your ering!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Ya know... you could take more pics if you wanted....
9.gif
11.gif

I really like your band and want to see more, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results