shape
carat
color
clarity

The Running of the (IDJ) Jackets, the Sequel - 2012!!!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Amazingly beautiful with the sapphire studs!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm late to the party but here is an iPhone pic of my 5mm OEC's in the IDJ 3 pointer jackets. I also have 2 other pairs of CS's being set (one is a 5.5mm pair of spess') to wear in here, can't wait!! These things are ridiculous in person. I'll have to try to get an ear shot at some point but because I have small earlobes, these really have max coverage for me. I was torn between the 3 and 5 pointers with 50point stones, but am really glad I went with 3 pointers, the ratio somehow just works better for my ear!

OEC Earrings-1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I am late to this party, too! Just returned home from the beach this evening!

These are beautiful jackets! :love: I really think the 3 pt. stones are better proportioned with the 5mm center stones. Do post an ear shot Mara!

Alj, I just happen to have a pair of unset sapphires (around 5.4-5.5mm) sitting here and I was debating on whether to do jackets or just have them set in a halo setting. Such a hard decision! I absolutely LOVE your sapphires! :love: :appl:

I may have missed this since I was looking more at pictures than the descriptions, but what metals and diamond specs did y'all choose?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
DS, I think they are 14K WG (can't find the receipt at the moment), but I do know they are 3-pointers. 11 stones per jacket, total 22 stones for .66 ctw.

Sheer heaven!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1334292763|3169930 said:
DS, I think they are 14K WG (can't find the receipt at the moment), but I do know they are 3-pointers. 11 stones per jacket, total 22 stones for .66 ctw.

Sheer heaven!

Thanks! I love the proportions and think they will be perfect with my sapphires if I go with jackets...but I am sure they could set the sapphires permanently in the halo as well.

One more question...do you think these will work with regular 4 prong basket studs or does it need to be the 4 prong martinis? I definitely prefer 4 prongs with jackets. I adore your sapphires in these jackets!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just stunning, ladies!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ear shot from my iphone...not that great...but gives an idea! next one will be again not that great but shows the 'sun-bling' factor!

OECearringearshot.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ear shots are soo not flattering. but you can't deny the sparkle of these things!!

OECearringearshot2.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I love the sun/fire shots of your jackets - that is a great shot and gives good perspective to the jackets/studs/lobe ratio. Thanks for posting!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are gorgeous, Mara!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
My studs are set in a 4 prong basket.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and Mara, your jackets look stunning.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Love them! Something tells me that there will be quite a few more pairs floating around PS in the coming weeks. :naughty:

victoriouslegion

Rough_Rock
honest to goodness, those are unbelievably great.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I *adore* with the sapphires.

Anne

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
These are stunning. I now NEEEED a pair of these, and a pair of sapphire studs so that I can switch them out with my diamonds.

Congratulations ladies, and wear them in good health!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love these! But I think my studs are too big for them! My studs are about 5.65 and with the halo on my small lobes, it would be too big! ;( Strange "problem" to have, but it makes me saaad!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1334540209|3171981 said:
I love these! But I think my studs are too big for them! My studs are about 5.65 and with the halo on my small lobes, it would be too big! ;( Strange "problem" to have, but it makes me saaad!

That is my problem. My sapphires would be great in them at 5.5mm, but my diamond studs are 5.65mm like yours. This is another one of those times that we really need to try these on before knowing if they fit our own ears well!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1334549154|3172100 said:

That is my problem. My sapphires would be great in them at 5.5mm, but my diamond studs are 5.65mm like yours. This is another one of those times that we really need to try these on before knowing if they fit our own ears well!

I easily put 5.5mm's in mine (in fact have some being set right now), so they may fit 5.65mm's too, you could just ask IDJ to put some sample diamonds in there and take a pic. It won't take up any more ear space if the jacket is the same size as a 5mm. I have pretty small earlobes in person so I am ecstatic at the ear coverage, and I can still wear the studs solo and they have of a ton of presence!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Mara! It would be a big bonus if the sapphires and diamonds would work! I am still debating setting my sapphires in halos permanently, but I do need to talk to them about all the options. I emailed them about something else last night and am waiting to hear from them, so I will ask about this when I reach them.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara|1334613913|3172753 said:
diamondseeker2006|1334549154|3172100 said:

I easily put 5.5mm's in mine (in fact have some being set right now), so they may fit 5.65mm's too, you could just ask IDJ to put some sample diamonds in there and take a pic. It won't take up any more ear space if the jacket is the same size as a 5mm. I have pretty small earlobes in person so I am ecstatic at the ear coverage, and I can still wear the studs solo and they have of a ton of presence!

I just think I don't have the lobe realestate for another 2mm in diameter! I prefer to see a little lobe showing around the diamonds :lol:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
these are beautiful!!! :appl: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Any more pics? Mara do you have your 5.5mm stones set into stud settings yet and how well do they fit into the jackets? This thread has got me thinking in overdrive.....

So stones between 4-5.5 mm would work? Martini settings for studs, best fit?

cheers--Sharon

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Those are really cool and would look great with colored stones. Now I want some too! I also have some small spessartites waiting to become studs and after seeing diamondseeker2006 post her sapphire trio in the CS forum I've also started wanting a pair of round sapphires.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1335389851|3180776 said:
HI:

Any more pics? Mara do you have your 5.5mm stones set into stud settings yet and how well do they fit into the jackets? This thread has got me thinking in overdrive.....

cheers--Sharon

Martini settings will fit well into jackets. Not sure how they compare to other styles though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
innerkitten|1335486737|3181914 said:
canuk-gal|1335389851|3180776 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Martini settings will fit well into jackets. Not sure how they compare to other styles though.

Mara has 4 prong studs set into the jackets at the top of this page and Alj's sapphires are in 4 prongs, too. I still think 4 would look best due to the fact you would never set a diamond in the center of a halo with only 3 prongs. Whoever set those stones did a nice job with the prongs!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I chose a 4-prong martini setting to fit in my smaller IDJ jackets, and both Mara and Alj chose the same for their studs. I agree with diamondseeker about preferring the aesthetic of 4 prongs in a jacket, but this setting still allows the stones to sit very low, as it doesn't have a ring or seat. I think my jacket thread has a profile shot of the setting if you'd like a visual, or perhaps Mara or Alj can post a pic of theirs. Hope that helps!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those considering larger in the jackets....

I haven't gotten my 5.5mm 4prong spess' (spessi?) yet (actually they are done and I keep forgetting to call and have them shipped!)..but I did put a 5.7mm tranny into it...so I do have a pic of that. It fits just a little TOO well so not sure with prongs it would actually fit, but the 5.5mm's should be perfect.

Also yes we got 4 prong donut-less martinis and I *adore* them. I used to have baskets and then 3 prong martinis and the 3 prongs always fit up off my ear and never sat into it really so I never liked how they 'sat' on my ear. But these 4 prong ones, even on my ear without the jackets look almost flat on my ear, the look I exactly wanted to have. I only have bad iPhone pics to kind of show, but here is one.

5point7mmtrannyinjacket.JPG

4prongmartinisOEConear.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
love :love:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of these beautiful IDJ jackets, too! I haven't taken pics yet. I'm thinking of having my studs reset from the three prong martini with the donut to the four prong martini that Celle, Mara, and Alj have done. The "lobe" coverage is outstanding :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results