shape
carat
color
clarity

The "Real Thing" vs. "The Beautiful" when both can't happen - A reflection

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most common cases of "mismatch to my eyes" - are the cases where the woman is imposing in some kind of way - larger, more confident, more dramatic, more formal, older and fuller, etc. - and she is wearing a tiny, dainty piece.

I think that you may be assuming that what is a mismatch to *your* eye is one to *everyone’s* eye. I have to admit that I cringe when I hear people say that they think bigger women should wear larger things to somehow match their scale - big prints, big accessories, big jewelry. To my eye this just looks...large. Not proportionate, not tasteful or classic, or even comfortable, but just loud, like somehow being bigger means that you are somehow expected to look like you have a large personality too. But that’s just me.

Personally, I don’t like simulants. Or faux. But that’s for me. I admire them on others. But what’s precious to me is knowing that something is real. Otherwise it feels like costume jewelry. And I feel differently about even my $$ costume jewelry than I do about my ‘good’ pieces. Jewelry is for how it makes me feel, not for what others think when they look at it.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results