shape
carat
color
clarity

The proposal and the photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ginaworld

Rough_Rock
This forum has been immeasurably helpful to me and I''ve enjoyed following the threads & seeing the photos of all the prized diamonds here, so I thought I''d tell my tale and send in a few photos of my own. For all you guys who aren''t sure about how to propose, please read my fairy tale proposal (to me, anyway!) and see if it provides any ideas for you...

I''d been crawling out of my skin w/anticipation, wondering when I''d actually have my ring on my finger, in my possession, to have & hold until "car wreck by diamond distraction" took place. But alas, no ring cometh! And of course, since my guy is a "guy''s guy", who makes an attempt to tolerate my need for shopping & pedicures (not during hockey games, softball tournaments, or a good card game, mind you), I certainly didn''t expect a big fanfare. Then one evening, on a pretty regular Sat night, we were to be picked up by another couple to have a pretty regular dining experience. I was told our guests were waiting for us in the driveway, but lo & behold, their two door sports car had turned into a white stretch limousine, complete w/a very professional, tuxedo-clad fellow, holding open a door, and beckoning my entrance. No other couple in sight.

As I sat on the plush, deep seat, I was handed a beautiful gift bag which yielded an even more beautiful leather bound album. The album was a carefully crafted time line of events, each page marking the date of one of our more memorable occasions or meetings with each other, complete with a photo or sketch of something significant of the date and loving commentary under the graphic. After the reading of the book came "the proposal" (this touching speech to remain personal), and finally, I had my beautiful diamond on my finger. You''d think that was enough, right?

During the excitement, I hadn''t noticed we had pulled up in front of our favorite decadent bakery (yes, one of the noted events in the album did cover a previous date at this location), and we had more fine pastries packaged up to go than we could ever eat in one week. The next secret location was dinner at (you guessed it) the site of our first date. Luckily (or perhaps planned from the very beginning of our relationship?), it was a fabulous restaurant, quite worthy of the evening''s events. As I was shown to our table, I recognized the familiar faces of all my family members waiting there for our arrival. You''d think that was enough, too, right?

After a wonderful, congratulatory dinner with my family, the fancy car and driver then whisked us away to what I was told was home for the evening. Until he took a "wrong turn" and pulled into a charming neighborhood where friends had lovingly decorated their beautiful home in our honor. As the door opened before me, I was again moved to tears as I walked in to a sea of many familiar faces again, friends, family, and future wedding party members standing there with smiles and love in their eyes. Needless to say, I felt the evening was a smashing success.

Maybe someone can pluck an idea or two out of that, but if not, that''s okay, I had fun telling my story. Following is pic #1; I can''t seem to get the focus on the camera just right, but you can sort of get the idea. Good luck to all those about to take that plunge!

cr1.jpg

Ginaworld

Rough_Rock
Pic #2

cr2.jpg

Ginaworld

Rough_Rock
Final pic

cr3.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gina:

Great Pic's & Great Story. That ring looks like a real sparkler. I bet you are thrilled.

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
16.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Gina...what a lucky girl are you!
That guy sounds like a DIAMOND too!
Congratulations on your beautiful ring
And all the best that life can bring.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
AWWWWWWW. Tears of joy back at you!

Lovely proposal: Lovely ring.

Best Wishes to you. Congrats to you Fiance!

Ginaworld

Rough_Rock
Hey all!

Thanks for you kind words and shared sentiments; I am truly blessed and I do thank God daily! I noticed as I was looking at the pics I posted that the stone looks "ok". It looks like there's a lot of sparkle there, but the cut doesn't really show that well because I don't think I'm all that good at taking photos based on the other amazing stones I've seen posted here.

Guess I'm making that excuse for all those who are interested in radiant cut stones; we all know that the cut can be awful and take a lot away from the diamond, but don't give up on that style if that's what you like because my pics don't seem too clear to you. As so many have mentioned here, the final judgment is in the way it looks to your eye, and I love the way it looks in person! So again, good luck for those searching for that sparkly radiant cut. If anyone's interested in the GIA info on the stone, I can provide it, just let me know.

Thanks again, everyone.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Wonderful story and wonderful ring.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations and I think your ring looks very sparkly and large. Your proposal almost brought me to tears, that was such a fairytale come true.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful proposal and very beautiful ring!!
love.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WOW Gina!! What a great proposal/engagement night. Your guy really put a lot of planning and preparation into making your engagement a very special life event! He is definitely a keeper and so is that gorgeous ring!!! You did well with the pics. The sparkle of the diamond only adds to the sparkle of your story!
love.gif

Congrats and Best Wishes to you both for a long, happy, and healthy life together!!!
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great story Gina!!! Very purty ring...it looks HUGE!
1.gif
Congrats!!

Ginaworld

Rough_Rock
Hi again everyone: All your wishes and comments are so wonderful to hear; I'm swelling with happiness! Yes, my guy is a wonderful keeper--and not just because he gave me that gorgeous sparkler; he consistently surprises me and makes me happier than I ever thought possible. By the way, we've got an exciting wedding planned in the Mayan Riviera. What a great ride love is!

The stone is 2.04 carats; I was afraid it would look a lot smaller than that because of the depth, but it looks more true to size than I thought it would. I'm very pleased with it and thus far, have only had "one" close call while driving! (I'm being more careful lately.)

Thank you again for all your gracious comments!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Close call such as... ? Banging the stone on the window or crashing the car from the blinding flashes of color and light? I personally like the rainbows on the ceiling. Keeps me entertained for many long car rides when I am the passenger.
9.gif

Ginaworld

Rough_Rock
Hi Mara,

Haha! Believe it or not, the close call was because I was distracting my new fiance while HE was driving to show him the amazing color flashes in the sunlight (I had just cleaned it--again). But I never even THOUGHT to check out the rainbows on the ceiling, though! I'm much more careful now to pay closer attention while I am driving, but I'll be sure to entertain myself as a passenger with those rainbows, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results