color
clarity

The Pricescope Hall of Fame - Iconic Pricescope jewelry

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry about your mom and grandmother @yssie,
So much to unpack here.

The first thing I want to say to you is, whatever guilt you are assigning yourself needs to be jettisoned (I know it’s easier said than done but work on it) shoo it away when it sneaks in.
Take it one day at a time, try not to project. This I can warn you about from my own breast cancer experience.
Your mum sounds very calm and grounded and this will be helpful during treatment. Would she welcome you to go to appointments with her? Another set of ears is always helpful.

You mention she is being evaluated and treated at a multidisciplinary institution, that’s huge! Triple neg and HER2+ breast cancers can be very treatable and can respond well to chemotherapy regimens.

I’m glad you are being proactive in your own breast health and surveillance. Breast cancer isn’t just a disease of older women. Younger women in their 30’s and 40’s are being diagnosed at an alarming rate.

Big hugs to you, your mum and grandmother.
We’re here to listen and support you.

Last edited:

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie , I am so sorry to hear this and I hope your mother and grandmother will be ok! Sending hugs!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I am so sorry to read about your husband’s health. I just caught up with FornasettiLover’s thread. I’m not coming up with anything productive to say - I’m thinking of you both, and I very much hope you’ll both reach the other end of this tunnel soon. I’m making myself think of it like that - that matter how long the tunnel is, and how poorly-lit it is, there’s another end and eventually you’ll get there, as long as you just keep going. And I hope your own health stays in check - a heartfelt request to #WhateverIsUpThere, if you could restrain yourself to doling out one disaster at a time, please!!

And for your post in this thread - what could I say that hasn’t already been said better than I would? Thank you. Again. For both the sentiment and your willingness to share it with me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All these replies have been unbelievably kind. And so welcomed. Thank you girls. So much. I’ve been reading them throughout the week - just that writing responses has been a bit beyond me.

We got my mum’s PET result earlier today. Late stage 3/early stage 4 - it’s definitely in lymph nodes in her neck. Something lit up in the colon - that might or might not be distal spread. Will need a colonoscopy to confirm. But her oncologist seems pretty not-worried about that, and it doesn’t change her treatment plan (six rounds of chemo three weeks apart, starting Thursday).

Her cancer is HER2+! This was explained to me as a very good thing, given how much it’s already spread. Sounds like targetted treatments are more likely to succeed.

So. It’s not hopeless. I mean, it’s not good news, but. Her doctor told her and my dad that there is a realistic possibility of remission, and he’s been very forthright thus far. So her tunnel is still passable. Might be a couple cave-ins along the way.

I’m just SO bl**dy grateful she went in NOW rather than six months from now. The doctor who saw my grandmother apparently said that “you probably saved your daughter’s life”. That… Appears to be more true with every update.

My last day at my old job was Friday and I start with my new company on Tuesday. In another life I’d be a lot more worried about that than I am, but my priorities have shifted. Lol. I *am* excited about it though!! My tummy did the flippy thing when I saw my new company email address come through.

@Ally T I should probably be saying this in your thread but checking for updates there is literally the last thing I’ve done before falling asleep the past couple of days. The new guest room windows, with that view into a fantasy world - there are so many things I want in my fantasy world.

I’ve never been much of a movie or TV person. Well. Let me qualify that. I love documentaries. And trashy/reality TV. Like, I’m saving Emily in Paris for a binge night. But yeah, not so much with movies or TV - I don’t like when someone else forced their visualization onto me. I read voraciously as a child (partly ‘cause I had no siblings and few friends so what the heck else was I gonna do)… When I read my mind “sees” what I’m reading so vividly. Always has. Words create visions inside my head that I can easily remember in glorious detail even years later. Movies don’t make me laugh or cry. Books, though… I could lose myself in daydreams with a book beside your guest room windows, with that view.

A few months ago, way before any of this, I ended up on a young woman’s IG account - she has metastatic breast cancer. Hers is the Really Really Bad sort. I got totally sucked into everything about her treatments - and for the next god knows how long every story my IG picked was cancer related. So I made a point of finding gemstone accounts and animal adoption accounts and flower accounts and… Eventually I got what seemed like a totally harmless recommendation. A super cute hedgehog. Sure, I’ll follow a super cute hedgehog. Turns out the hedgehog is gone now. He passed from cancer. Like, FFS, Hollywood portend much? ;(:wall::lol-2:

Um, that was a ramble. I would love to meet you offline though. Current topic aside. I’ll reach out to Missy ❤️

@Bonfire I’m sorry this is personal for you :(sad But you’re here!! You’re here and you’re enjoying your life. I got sucked into the google quagmire - managed to extract myself after a half hour ish. All sorts of scary numbers. But statistics don’t determine one person’s outcome. Statistics really, truly, legit don’t determine one person’s outcome.

My mother is… An incredibly practical person. This leads to decisions like having her husband cut her hair off rather than going to a salon, because “why pay extra when it’s all going to fall out soon anyway?”. Zero concessions for things that are just feel-goods. To me it seems a very unhealthy approach, but she and I aren’t the same person, and we don’t have the same values, and we don’t prioritize the same things, and I want to do a better job of acknowledging and respecting that than I have in the past. I’m still figuring out what that looks like. Being supportive and helpful on her terms rather than mine. But I did tell my husband that if I ever end up with her prognosis a big diamond would make me feel much better and would be entirely appropriate. (He winced).

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lulu_ma, @Diamond Girl 21, @MissGotRocks, @Mreader, @vintageinjune, @PreRaphaelite, @GeliL, @Dandi, @Christinak, @dk168, @icy_jade, @Pomelo, @Eli22, @oldcutclubmember, @diamondyes, @lala646, @Kim N, @maryjane04, @canuk-gal, @yennyfire, @Ann, @Piper70, @nala, @Catmom, @LLJsmom, @tyty333, @ItsMainelyYou , @Missie1, @Fabulous50 - wow. That is a long list.

I want to write more but I’m tired… The words aren’t coming. And I also don’t want to take over this thread with all this sad side chatter that has nothing to do with Hall of Fame bling. So I’ll find another thread for future updates. But thank you. Y’all made me smile several times this week. ❤️

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This next piece is here as a perfect example of balance - to say nothing of an incredible shot of color!

@JSG2185 had Victor Canera set her gorgeous 4.5ct yellow sapphire between 1ctw of half moon diamonds in his classic Trilogy setting, and the result was a master class of proportion. JSF2185 - please fell free to add more stats and photos of your gorgeous new ring to this thread, including info on that lovely micro diamond band in your photo! Congratulations on your beautiful new ring!

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 12.09.20 AM.png

JSG2185

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness, I’m so happy and honored to be included! I’d be glad to provide info on the band. It’s from Danhov with 0.49 CTW of eternity diamonds. Metal is platinum (sapphire & diamond ring is also platinum). Both are ring size 6.25 for reference.

The spacer is just a simple 14k gold band from Etsy.

Attached are more pictures. The restaurant lighting wasn’t too great but I hope the photos still turned out okay!

8DB20D6C-9E19-46DD-8CC0-486F9EAA1377.jpeg
This next piece is here as a perfect example of balance - to say nothing of an incredible shot of color!

@JSG2185 had Victor Canera set her gorgeous 4.5ct yellow sapphire between 1ctw of half moon diamonds in his classic Trilogy setting, and the result was a master class of proportion. JSF2185 - please fell free to add more stats and photos of your gorgeous new ring to this thread, including info on that lovely micro diamond band in your photo! Congratulations on your beautiful new ring!

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 12.09.20 AM.png

Attachments

• 25167FA5-F866-47EB-86EF-F636A0F5F07D.jpeg
    25167FA5-F866-47EB-86EF-F636A0F5F07D.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 9
  • F9BF57AA-689D-4763-BD88-7500F5FE9D72.jpeg
    F9BF57AA-689D-4763-BD88-7500F5FE9D72.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 9
  • F2F98912-7461-47DA-9239-D3435DB6D5E5.jpeg
    F2F98912-7461-47DA-9239-D3435DB6D5E5.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 9
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results