shape
carat
color
clarity

The perfect storm, part II-Selkie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Bored yet?
1.gif

While we waited for the caterers to finish setting up, we went back out to take more photos since the rain was letting up. On the way out, I started up our reception playlist (I ended up setting my trusty Mac laptop up in the parlor to serve as the sound system), with the first song being "Wonderful World/Somewhere Over the Rainbow." Aaaand, as we step outside on the porch, what do we see?

bD202.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
10.gif

bD199.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Just a few more, thanks for your patience! I honestly didn''t expect to like the photos half as much as I do, because I''ve always been really self-conscious and hated having my picture taken. We just had so much fun, though, and I feel like she really captured the day perfectly.

She loved the old car, too, and some of my favorite shots are of us in and around it. I told my dad he should hire it out with himself as a chauffeur for weddings. Of course, it only goes about 25 mph, but it''ll get you there, eventually.

Us, doing our best Bonnie and Clyde.

bD216_BW.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
ring shot, ''nuff said.

bD232.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys look so happy! Well, I mean, you should ''cause it''s your wedding day and all but you know what I mean.
9.gif

Thanks for sharing the photos!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
That rainbow photo is WOW.

You guys look so happy and full of confidence! "So the weather tries to wash us away? Ain''t having it! We''re getting MARRIED!" And you did! It''s awesome! Love J in the Fedora!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Your pics came out great and you looked so beautiful! Congrats!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Selkie,

You''ve been around long enough to know there''s no such thing as too many pictures! You, your hubby and your day look so amazingly wonderful!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 10:37:03 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Selkie,

You''ve been around long enough to know there''s no such thing as too many pictures!

LOL...true, that!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Cake...

bD241.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
We still got to go sailing, too! We missed the sunset, but it was clear and the moon was gorgeous.

bD287.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for looking!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your photos-it all looks amazing!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Selkie,
your photos are gorgeous- as are you!
so glad you guys had a great day. your venue was great and you make such a cute couple
congratulations!

p.s. i''m glad to hear you like your photos so much(as you should!) because i also hate having mine taken, so there''s hope for me yet :)

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Great photos! Looks like you had a fantastic day...it''s not every bride who gets her very own rainbow!
2.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
GREAT pics, Selkie! I loved your first non-pro batch, but these really do tell the story of your special day.

The car shot is my favorite.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! Yeah, we weren''t going to let the rain put a damper on things. I am so glad we had the alternate location, because I would have been a LOT less happy with the situation otherwise. And our guests were great, everyone just went with the flow. When we announced that we''d still go sailing two hours later than planned (after the reception and cake), we expected that a lot of people would decide not to go. In fact, only one couple, who had a long drive, ended up leaving. Even my 90-year-old great uncle was gung-ho.

ChargerGrrl, the car shots are my favorites too. There''s a bunch more, and I''ll post a couple others later.

Here''s one more that captures the view and the wildflowers in the yard at the inn, as well as the light. It was so dramatic as the storm cleared, plus it had cooled off about 15 degrees, so I wasn''t broiling all day as I had feared.

bD205.jpg

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pictures Selkie! I''m glad everything turned out so well!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Your pics are amazing Selkie! Congratulations! I love the one with you and your hubby w/ the rainbow in the background...I also really like the one of you two sailing and the moon in the background...just precious! Now I can''t wait to get out pro-pic in!
28.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Your pictures are fabulous! I love your dress, and the picture of you two with the rainbow made me tear up. Congrats again!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
wow!!!!!! Those are beautiful Selkie!!!!
30.gif

You looked beautiful!!! and what a hottie you have now for a hubby!
2.gif

Everything looked perfect!!!!!

Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

M~

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
awwww...

bD238.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2007 11:37:36 AM
Author: Mandarine

...and what a hottie you have now for a hubby!
2.gif

M~

Aw, thanks! I do, don't I? I like this pic of him with his best man and his nephew. I get a kick out of the height progression and the way they are all standing the same
1.gif

bD113.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Selkie, congratulations! I saw your other thread but it''s nice to see the other photos too...I love the one with your groom beaming as he sees you walk down the stairs! And the one above of you two with the stormy landscape in the background is lovely, as is the one of you two on the boat. Many happy years ahead to you two!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful bride and groom. Wonderful pictures and congrats!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, that''s beautiful! But that rainbow shot? You sure that wasn''t photoshopped in there?
41.gif
2.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Selkie,

You made such a beautiful bride, and I''m so glad everything worked out so nicely for you!

Congratulations! Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results