shape
carat
color
clarity

The Peachy Thread: Show me your peachy/pinkish/salmony stones!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the link Gailey. Please post pictures when your gorgeous stone is set. I can''t wait to see it.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 1:44:01 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Mine! My BB Malaya - I took the pic with the lid on the case though (had a minor heart attack a few days ago when photographing one of my other stones - it fell behind the couch!)

LOL...that happened to me before. Doesn''t your heart just stop when it drops and you don''t know where it landed? It''s like, Duhhh why did I have to mess with it? It should have stayed in the box.

Gorgeous peachy malaya, BEG! I love how salmony it looks. I can''t wait to see it set!
30.gif

And thanks for the compliment about my diamond.
3.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 7:52:34 AM
Author: Honey228
Ack platinumrock, now *I* want a malaya and a color change garnet!
39.gif

Gorgeous peachies, everyone.
Heheee...I know...it starts with a pic.
31.gif

Then the intense desire for one starts kickin in. Don''t worry, Honey, I also want a malaya and a color change garnet.

I''m a sucker for anything color-change!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 9:10:58 AM
Author: cinnamon013
OK, I know you don''t want to see the lovely rough that Gene has...and be terribly tempted....but....

it must be posted in this thread!
30.gif

See, you done DID it now!!! OH MY LORD those are gorgeous!!!
30.gif
22.gif
30.gif
22.gif
30.gif

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want.

Hello, my name is Platinumrock and I''m a peachoholic.
face6.gif

And it''s all Cinnamon''s fault.
27.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Platinumrock you crack me up.
9.gif

Shaun, if you ever get tired of those gorgeous, gorgeous pads, I will gladly take take them off of your hands.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
12.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 12:34:31 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
AN,
I think you could just post pictures of that pad all day long, and I would never ever get tired looking at it. Not only is it an exceptional gemstone that would look magnificent in a plain setting, but the setting is amazing as well. Everything about that ring screams ''royal, museum, important'' to me. That is one of my favorite pieces on PS. You have the most exquisite taste.

Okay, you other pad gals, get your pictures up here!!
3.gif

Ditto everything TL said! WOW, AN, your pad is simply GORGEOUS!!! I have never seen one that rich and vivid.

It literally glows on my computer screen!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely peach Gailey!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 4:59:14 PM
Author: shaunrice
I just got these two padparadscha sapphires back from the independent appraisal (you guys have taught me well, one of the three I bought was synthetic
39.gif
). But at least these two are natural, and really quite beautiful!

WOW!!!! That''s all I have to say. I love the pink tones in your pads. And look how sparkly and brilliant they are!

It''s amazing enough to own one magnificent pad, but TWO??? Congrats!!!
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 2:52:49 PM
Author: Gailey
Here's another shot of her - yup, she definitely qualifies!

Gailey, thanks for posting your peachy pink tourmaline!! She's gorgeous, and an asscher to boot!!

She definitely belongs in this thread!
36.gif

Your imperial topaz has a nice peacy/salmony color too. Feel free to share that as well.
31.gif

How are you going to set her?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 8:52:41 PM
Author: Linda W
Platinumrock you crack me up.
9.gif

Shaun, if you ever get tired of those gorgeous, gorgeous pads, I will gladly take take them off of your hands.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
12.gif

Ohhhhh Linda.....we need to say Hello to your little friend...
31.gif

Where are those pics??
Evil_smile.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 8:39:52 PM
Author: platinumrock
Date: 2/23/2009 1:44:01 AM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Mine! My BB Malaya - I took the pic with the lid on the case though (had a minor heart attack a few days ago when photographing one of my other stones - it fell behind the couch!)

LOL...that happened to me before. Doesn''t your heart just stop when it drops and you don''t know where it landed? It''s like, Duhhh why did I have to mess with it? It should have stayed in the box.

Gorgeous peachy malaya, BEG! I love how salmony it looks. I can''t wait to see it set!
30.gif

And thanks for the compliment about my diamond.
3.gif

YES! Now I''m taking pics with the lid on the display box whenever I''m near my couch - I was so afraid that I wouldn''t find it, and I was shoving the loveseat to check. Then I found that it had actually fallen behind the couch, onto the windowsill - and I was afraid I had chipped it!
23.gif

Thank you by the way! And you''re welcome - I love your diamond!
30.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks PR & Coati

Miss Sherry and Sexy has gone to a local designer who is going to come up with some ideas. She`s a tough one because at 4.51 cts, it doesn`t leave a lot of room for embelishment, not that Jada Pinkett-Smith would agree with me! I think though her colour needs some contrast, so we will see.

Since you asked so nicely, this is Miss S & S trying very hard to be peachy.

Now did I mention the 4 round imperial topaz .......

095.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 9:26:40 PM
Thanks PR & Coati

Miss Sherry and Sexy has gone to a local designer who is going to come up with some ideas. She`s a tough one because at 4.51 cts, it doesn`t leave a lot of room for embelishment, not that Jada Pinkett-Smith would agree with me! I think though her colour needs some contrast, so we will see.

I love the sherry color of your imperial topaz...I''ve been dying to get one of that shade. I currently have a 6 ct. imperial topaz, but it''s a light lemony peach color.

Miss Sherry and Sexy, I LOVE IT! Their names definitely fit them to a tee. Somehow I see Miss Sherry in a rose gold head.

She would look HOT in it, especially at a curvaceous 4.51 cts.
31.gif

Oh, and can we meet her 4 sisters?
11.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 9:53:33 PM

Date: 2/24/2009 9:26:40 PM
Thanks PR & Coati

I love the sherry color of your imperial topaz...I''ve been dying to get one of that shade. I currently have a 6 ct. imperial topaz, but it''s a light lemony peach color.

Miss Sherry and Sexy, I LOVE IT! Their names definitely fit them to a tee. Somehow I see Miss Sherry in a rose gold head.

She would look HOT in it, especially at a curvaceous 4.51 cts.
31.gif

Oh, and can we meet her 4 sisters?
11.gif
PR

Check out my post on the Forever Gemstone thread. When I get my camera back, I`ll post some of my own shots here.

I have to say, there was one aspect of that transaction that was not OK. I seem to develop a huge guilt complex when I change or alternate suppliers. Not that I`ve ever been unfaithful to my husband, but it kind of feels like that. Dumb or what!!

I bought the 4 rounds with the idea of doing a DBTY chain with Miss S & S in the centre, but I think at 4mm they are too small. I feel an earring project coming on in the near future.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everybody for your nice comments on my pad. I bought the stone as an estate ring and had it reset in the Beaudry mounting. The stone is from the 1920s. Peach is one of my favorite colors. I love everybody''s peachy gems.
Gailey, your asscher tourmaline is gorgeous. Does Peter Torraco have more of those?

Linda W, when do we get to see some photos of your pads? We are all waiting.

AN

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 12:01:06 AM
Author: Art Nouveau
Thanks everybody for your nice comments on my pad. I bought the stone as an estate ring and had it reset in the Beaudry mounting. The stone is from the 1920s. Peach is one of my favorite colors. I love everybody''s peachy gems.
Gailey, your asscher tourmaline is gorgeous. Does Peter Torraco have more of those?

AN
Thanks AN, that`s a real compliment coming from the lady whose stone I covet the most here.

Prior to Peter cutting my tourmaline, he showed me several rough stones. I`m not sure if he kept the others or sent them back. I have a picture of the rough, but not sure I should post it if he doesn`t have the stones anymore, I`ll enquire. It`s not an asscher btw - brilliant pavillion with a step cut crown.

Ooh Linda, the pressure`s mounting. We may well have to stage an intervention!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
You all crack me up. My daughter took pictures of my pad, but her camera is awful. I told tourmalinelover my poor pad looks like it has cellulite. I hope to have better pictures soon.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 12:01:06 AM
Author: Art Nouveau

AN
There are more detailed pictures somewhere of the Beaudry mounting showing off the incredibly detailed gallery with rose gold accents. It''s TDF. That stone was an amazing find.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 12:35:05 AM
You all crack me up. My daughter took pictures of my pad, but her camera is awful. I told tourmalinelover my poor pad looks like it has cellulite. I hope to have better pictures soon.
I hope so as well!! I still can''t picture a gemstone with cellulite though??
emcrook.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 12:41:26 AM

emcrook.gif
Now don`t be asking me to post those tourmaline shots taken on my thigh, because you`d still have no idea!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 12:50:04 AM

emcrook.gif
Now don`t be asking me to post those tourmaline shots taken on my thigh, because you`d still have no idea!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 12:50:04 AM

emcrook.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Platinum rock, where did you get that diamond? I want it!
31.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
PR here`s your chance - NEGOTIATE

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 1:09:07 AM
Platinum rock, where did you get that diamond? I want it!
31.gif
You want my Peachy Precious?? No fair, you already have two gorgeous pads!

Unless you want to trade....
31.gif

What was that?

You said yes?
Excellent......
Evil_smile.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 1:19:04 AM

Gailey, maybe if we pool in our rocks, we can get more!
11.gif

Whatcha think???

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 1:25:32 AM

Date: 2/25/2009 1:19:04 AM

Gailey, maybe if we pool in our rocks, we can get more!
11.gif

Whatcha think???
No, you know what - our charm, personality and sparkling wit should be enough. I think we`re sunk. Once Linda the Pad Queen jumped in the ring I should have made a dignified exit instead of trying to sell our souls!

Off to bed now, utterly, utterly defeated ........

........ Do you suppose he`d notice a couple of extra nieces?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 1:38:51 AM
I''m kind of shocked no one seems keen on zircons... Why? I love them. Look at this one! Big, AND beautiful, and very very affordable. I might snatch it up myself lol!
30.gif

http://www.precisiongem.com/html/html/zircon.html
Shaun.

I love Zircons... This is mine from Gary at Finewater. He did a beautiful cut. It''s not exactly peach, though...

xxzircon22.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
But this is peach...tourmaline. Also cut by Gary...

xxpeachtourm22.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results