shape
carat
color
clarity

The "Original" E-Rings

Yssie you went from a .85ct to a center stone of 2.7ct!!! You ARE my hero! My first stone was .75ct. My current is 2.04ct. I would ideally like my final stone to be around 3.5ct. That would be my dream. Unfortuantely moving half way around the world and having a baby has significantly cut into that dream :twirl: So until then I will live vicariously through you!

I started out with a .53 ct G VS1 center and .3 ct side stones. Then I upgraded the center stone to a 1.04 ct E SI1 center stone, the side stones stayed the same size.

n12711771_35631124_9161.jpg

PSupgradethreadupgrade.jpg

My original ER was a 0.80 ct pink sapphire ring with six diamond side stones, three on each side. The first upgrade was a 0.50 ct, IF, E, VG cut, GIA certified diamond. Finally, i upgraded again in a 0.90ct E, VVS2, triple ex, Hearts and Arrows, GIA certified diamond in a halo setting, which i love so much and has kept me very happy so far!!! I still have my original pink sapphire ER and i wear it very often, especially on occasions when i wish for a less blingy look. I love it!

ETA: Oops! I posted the pictures in the wrong order!

Attachments

natyLad said:
My original ER was a 0.80 ct pink sapphire ring with six diamond side stones, three on each side. The first upgrade was a 0.50 ct, IF, E, VG cut, GIA certified diamond. Finally, i upgraded again in a 0.90ct E, VVS2, triple ex, Hearts and Arrows, GIA certified diamond in a halo setting, which i love so much and has kept me very happy so far!!! I still have my original pink sapphire ER and i wear it very often, especially on occasions when i wish for a less blingy look. I love it!

I don't think I've ever seen your sapphire before, Naty! :love:

Yssie said:
natyLad said:

I don't think I've ever seen your sapphire before, Naty! :love:

And i just realized Yssie that i don't even have a single hand picture with it :? I need to fix this as soon as the sun comes out again here!

There she is on my finger!

pinksapphirering! 002 (2).jpg

pinksapphirering! 007 (2).jpg

natyLad said:

Naty, I really really like your pink sapphire ring! :love: It's beautiful--makes a different statement than your current, but gorgeous!

I love to see how people's tastes and fashion change over time. Really cool!

BoulderGal

D&T|1288027817|2746427 said:
violet3 said:
D & T - i love following your journeys for the perfect set!!!!

:wacko: lol.. unfortunately my diamond journey to the perfect set, isn't about larger diamond (blasphemy :o - I'm also just a tad uncomfortable wearing anything larger than a 1 ct ish) but more so the optics and perfect setting. at least one thing is consistent in my resets is that they have all been in yellow gold ::)

I take it you've seen the Sholdt setting on GOG's home page? That is a beautiful ring!!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP