carat
color
clarity

The one that almost got away

richdor

Rough_Rock
autumngems|1442253411|3927651 said:
1.94 ct, M color, off to AGS today
Sooooo Happy for you that it all worked out. I have been on Erica's site several times and even contacted her at one point . A very helpful and professional lady. I think that in my search for the perfect OEC, I would definitely consider doing business with her. I just love her descriptions of her stones---she gets so excited!

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
That does look like a spectacular stone. I can see why so many wanted it. Congrats!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not completely sold on the rose gold yet just thinking. I am a typically white gold person.

I hope these pictures are better, having trouble making them big enough to see.
I just don't know about sapphires yet???

__74.jpg

__572.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like both settings but in WG. If you don't like the sapphire, can you change them to emerald/baguette diamond accents? How about just the inner bezel RG/YG while the rest of the setting is WG?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love rose gold! I like the round ring.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a fan of the sapphires for this ring.

Do you want an airline between the stone and the halo?

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I can, I would choose emerald instead of sapphire. I do NOT want an airline and that is something I would request if it can be changed.
I am worried about setting in white gold as it's an M but it does have strong blue flourescence.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TheCat,

I like your idea, perhaps the inner bezel in YG due to color of stone, the rest would be WG, change side stones to emerald (my fave).

badabling

Shiny_Rock
Yay....I love a happy ending!! I hope my quest for my perfect OEC ends similarly. All your settings are beautiful but I'm leaning toward the one with the sapphire baguettes.

Pls cone back with a ton of the finished ring.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
autumngems|1442495546|3928788 said:
TheCat,

I like your idea, perhaps the inner bezel in YG due to color of stone, the rest would be WG, change side stones to emerald (my fave).

I'm glad to be of help. :)) If you don't want to strengthen the color of diamond, the gallery should be in WG, and YG if you do.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woooohooooo, Erica emailed, stone came back as a K SI1, strong blue flourescence! Not M at all.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, now that is awesome!

I'll just warn you that emeralds are not as durable as sapphires, and you may end up with wear on the emeralds if you wear the ring a lot. Pretty sure emeralds can't go in an ultrasonic for cleaning, too. But if it is for an occasional wear ring, it should be okay.

Unobuck19

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous Stone! I LOVE Rose Gold!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I know it's a K I am not so worried about color, I may just go with diamond halo, aaaaaahhhhhhh what to do?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone gets better and better - congrats on the K color!

I would do a subtle, blingy halo to enhance that stone but one with small prongs and no airline. I would want the center stone to sort of melt into the halo!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
autumngems|1442584298|3929176 said:
Woooohooooo, Erica emailed, stone came back as a K SI1, strong blue flourescence! Not M at all.

Yay! Congrats! :appl:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We asked for a recheck just to be sure as it was discovered that is was GIA certed as well and GIA said it was M. AGS rechecked and changed it to an L, still not bad.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, nice cut patten I can see why you fell for the old gal. I think WG will help hide the colour and RG will bring it out more but still compliment it, for what it's worth I'd put it in WG or platinum and use diamonds that are not too different in colour in the halo to hide/mask the colour.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Blue sapphires usually look great with slightly yellow diamonds. There are many antique rings that use white metal, blue sapphire, and a warm center diamond. Emeralds are going to bring out yellow in the center stone, besides have the durability issue. Rubies will also probably make it look yellower.

Since it's an L, I'd say definitely keep white metal around the center diamond, and save the rose gold for shanks and/or gallery. Ideally, you or Erica can find something that is rose gold metal color to hold your stone up against and then decide whether or not the rose gold compliments it. With a colorless diamond, you can put just about any color metal with it and it will still look like a colorless diamond. But the warmer colors, I'd say starting about K and then going down, are individuals. I bought a J/K color diamond, and I intended to put it in rose gold. But when I dropped that stone into settings, it looked maybe greenish against rose gold, it looked sallow in white gold, and it looked superb in yellow gold. So, I wear it in white gold. It was day vs. night, comparing rg to yg. Probably green gold is the only metal that would look worse than rose gold, with that particular stone. It has no fluor. I'm just saying that some of these warmer diamonds can give you rude surprises.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Hi Autumngems,

If you do not mind answering, did you have to pay the price difference since the diamond came back with higher specs than Erica originally estimated? Thanks for your help.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks AdaBeta27 and arkieb1, you've given me lots to think about.

Skhii, no I didn't have to pay the difference after certification.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This baby is shipping out to me today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
autumngems|1443022335|3930862 said:
This baby is shipping out to me today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited for you Autumngems! The anticipation must be tough right now! :whistle: Hang in there...she's on her way!!! :appl:

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That was a quick trip to AGS. Congratulations on a higher color grade!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, stalking the Fedex page to check the tracking, lol

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AdaBeta27|1442843118|3930149 said:
Blue sapphires usually look great with slightly yellow diamonds. There are many antique rings that use white metal, blue sapphire, and a warm center diamond. Emeralds are going to bring out yellow in the center stone, besides have the durability issue. Rubies will also probably make it look yellower.

Since it's an L, I'd say definitely keep white metal around the center diamond, and save the rose gold for shanks and/or gallery. Ideally, you or Erica can find something that is rose gold metal color to hold your stone up against and then decide whether or not the rose gold compliments it. With a colorless diamond, you can put just about any color metal with it and it will still look like a colorless diamond. But the warmer colors, I'd say starting about K and then going down, are individuals. I bought a J/K color diamond, and I intended to put it in rose gold. But when I dropped that stone into settings, it looked maybe greenish against rose gold, it looked sallow in white gold, and it looked superb in yellow gold. So, I wear it in white gold. It was day vs. night, comparing rg to yg. Probably green gold is the only metal that would look worse than rose gold, with that particular stone. It has no fluor. I'm just saying that some of these warmer diamonds can give you rude surprises.

Ditto this, in entirety :appl:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang, Fedex delayed, still waiting

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I know your anxiety all too well! Hope it gets there soon & safely. Can't wait to see your pics of this beauty! :love:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!!!!!!! I AM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS. I simply love this stone, its so white you would never guess its an L. The pics dont even show its beauty

20150927_172110.jpg

20150927_172327.jpg

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! It looks AMAZING on you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results