carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Aww, April, so sorry for your loss. Hugs. I hope it happens again for you soon.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

oh April, I am so sorry!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

I'm so sorry April! Hoping you get your rainbow baby soon!!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April I'm so sorry to hear this, fx for a quick recovery!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

April, how are you? I've been thinking about you.

Bella, did AF ever come? I hope you've fully recovered from pneumonia by now. AF finally visited me. I got anxious waiting; my anov cycle was about 47 days.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Hi DG-Yes it came and I should be O any day now. Fingers crossed...glad AF finally showed up for you. I am about 90% better which is amazing. So, things are looking good for us. Hope this is a great cycle.

April-still thinking of you and hoping that your next "go time" cycle is a sticky bean

April20

Ideal_Rock

Hi all,

Well, I'm still getting positive HPTs. I'm 11 days post D&C. The good news is they are fading. This is the only time I've truly wanted to see a negative test...... I really had almost no bleeding after the procedure. I've had a little spotting here and there and this morning I have some dark rust red heavy spotting. I'm hoping this is the last of it. The kicker of all of this is that I don't know that DH is on board with trying for a second. I think he will come around, but in his words we "never really talked about a second". He's right, but I just spent 8 weeks pregnant with what was supposed to be our second child. I cannot let go of it and I won't. I think he'll come around, but we need to talk through it I suppose. This isn't going away.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20|1472559307|4071403 said:
Hi all,

Well, I'm still getting positive HPTs. I'm 11 days post D&C. The good news is they are fading. This is the only time I've truly wanted to see a negative test...... I really had almost no bleeding after the procedure. I've had a little spotting here and there and this morning I have some dark rust red heavy spotting. I'm hoping this is the last of it. The kicker of all of this is that I don't know that DH is on board with trying for a second. I think he will come around, but in his words we "never really talked about a second". He's right, but I just spent 8 weeks pregnant with what was supposed to be our second child. I cannot let go of it and I won't. I think he'll come around, but we need to talk through it I suppose. This isn't going away.

Oh April, I had no idea. I haven't been on PS for a while now, and logged on to check in on you. I am so very sorry for your loss and heartbroken for you. If you are on Reddit, there is an amazing sub called r/TTCafterloss. It is a very supportive and helpful community.

I have you in my thoughts, I hope your husband comes on board soon. Be gentle on yourself and try and take some time to do something nice for yourself.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

April, thinking of you and sending huge hugs! That is really a tough situation with your DH.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

So...I have kind of an interesting update.

A few of you may have seen over in hangout that I had posted about my father passing away on August 13 :(sad My mom had passed away a year and 2 days earlier which meant my sisters and I could look into our inheritance.

It's a fairly good amount. DH and I are going to be able to pay off all of our debt, buy our first home and the big one (well for me anyways)- I can get excision surgery in Atlanta at the Center for Endometriosis Care. This is the gold standard in treating endometriosis. Patients with the most severe stage regain up to 60% of their fertility and are able to conceive naturally. Reoccurance rates of the endo coming back are low at only 12% of patients having their endometriosis grow back and this will dramatically increase my quality of life as well since I am generally out of commission a full week out of each month due to the pain.

I'm waiting for all of the paperwork to get processed but my hopes are that I can schedule my surgery before the holidays. I'm currently freelancing so I don't need to worry about taking time off which is good because recovery is 4-6 weeks.

So, with all of that being said, I'm allowing myself to be a tiny bit optimistic again. Although, the downside is, if we do get pregnant, my mom and dad will never get to meet their last grandchild :(sad

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

April, I continue to think of you. I hope your husband will come around and your body will heal.

RT, I'm sorry you lost your parents. I can't imagine what that's like. I'm sure your parents would be so touched knowing that they might have a hand in helping you receive the blessing of another child.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

This cycle has had a crazy twist so far. I'm on CD 16 and my temp has been up 4 days. I don't know if I really O'd on CD 12 or if the viral infection I've had is artificially causing high temps. On one hand, I've been on Vitex for two months and Vitex is known to move up the O date. When I O, it's usually around CD 19-24. (last 2 cycles were long anovulatory) I did have a gushing sensation with my CF the 4 days leading up to the temp spike. On the other hand, a cold can make temps go up. It's not normal for me to O this soon. I had all negative OPKs (I've never seen a positive one, though). And my cervical position didn't indicate Ov. So right now I'm either 4 DPO or I'm ~9 days until O. :think: Still doing BD in case I'm not in the TWW yet.

April20

Ideal_Rock

DaintyG- the one cycle I used Vitex it did move O up for me a few days. Not a huge amount but from CD 23ish to CD20. I got a fake out with temps around CD15 but it was just that, a fake out. So it could go either way for you but I hope you O'd.

AFM- I got a nearly negative test on Friday morning. As in looked like my 9DPO test from this last pregnancy. I had what felt like O pains the next day. Surely not, right? My chart is all jacked but I had a low temp the following day and a higher one today. So I guess we will see. The preceding temps can't be trusted at all with all my body was going thru.

Still haven't really talked about #2. Really just waiting for AF so we can talk about it since it will be in our face then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April20

Ideal_Rock

Guys! Guys! May I present to you my NEGATIVE HPT! It was still faint positive last Wednesday. I haven't tested since then so I decided to today and I have never been so excited to see a BFN! I had my follow up Thursday and she said if I hadn't had AF by the first week of Oct she would write me a script for provera to jump start things. DH and I still haven't really talked but I'm feeling positive that he will agree to trying. I'm hoping over here because I really want to get this show on the road.

In other news, Eliza has a cold which she has graciously passed on to me and we are both sick. Awesome.

April20

Ideal_Rock

Dang it. Pic didn't post.
80197120ecf769161e4de4564bf4683f.jpg

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

April, I'm glad to see that things are progressing positively! Sorry you've been sick!

I believe my viral infection caused a false temp spike for 5 days. It went back down and then I got my first positive OPK. Then I had a real temp shift with lots of fertile signs I've never had yet, like EWCM! I'm thrilled. :dance:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20 I'm wishing you all the success with DH and your next cycle!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Y'all, I am a bad, bad patient. BAD. I got a positive OPK the day after I got the negative HPT. I had been randomly doing them with the HPT and they'd been positive, but I knew they were false positives since they also detect HCG. The false positives turn positive as they sit, but for me, when it's a real positive, the test line shows up the same time as the control line and then they both darken, if that makes sense. My temps had been really wonky and the next day it went down, not up, so I figured I might still have a day, but then the OPK that day was not quite positive, so I thought the positive could have been a teaser. Long story short, I got cross hairs on that Tuesday, one day after the positive OPK. I actually O'd 25 days after the D & C, which was quicker than after my early May loss. I looked at the calendar and realized we hit O-3. Ooooooops. I'm 8DPO. I've been a bit crampy but that means little. I did a HPT yesterday. It was a BFN but I could swear I could see a shadow of something. I decided I was seeing what I wanted to see instead of anything real. Another BFN this morning. I have no will power or patience (shocking, I know) and did another this afternoon. Yeah, faint BFP. We will see if this sticks. I won't be terribly shocked if it doesn't since I was supposed to be preventing..... I've googled the hell out of the science for waiting one cycle. A ton of information says it's just for dating purposes, some say it's to make sure the lining is good enough for an egg to implant. I also read if the lining isn't good, an egg won't/can't implant. It's all conflicting.

Oh, and DH is going to flip out. I'm going to need to wait and see if this sticks before I tell him. We still haven't talked about it, but if he was totally opposed to another, he'd have asked if it was "safe". I know this because after my very first loss, he didn't take any chances for another oops. If he's shocked, he deserves it. He knows I get pregnant if he looks at me. I just don't have a good track record staying pregnant.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Positive vibes for you April20!!!!!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

April, I'm happy to hear about your BFP! I'm hoping for your success!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay, April!!!! I hope and have my fingers crossed super hard that this one is the stickiest little beany!

As for your husband, seriously, he isn't 15 anymore. He should know by now that unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy, and if he was so opposed to not wanting another pregnancy, then he has the same responsibility on his shoulders to prevent. Sorry if my tone is harsh, it just bugs me when pregnancy-control is left single-handedly for women to shoulder.

April20

Ideal_Rock

kama_s said:
Yay, April!!!! I hope and have my fingers crossed super hard that this one is the stickiest little beany!

As for your husband, seriously, he isn't 15 anymore. He should know by now that unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy, and if he was so opposed to not wanting another pregnancy, then he has the same responsibility on his shoulders to prevent. Sorry if my tone is harsh, it just bugs me when pregnancy-control is left single-handedly for women to shoulder.

I don't think he's opposed, we just literally haven't talked about it. He knows how it works, so that's why I figure he's not really against another. He's actively asked me if it was "safe" or we needed to prevent in years past, so he does take on responsibility. He was previously in the mentality of no babies ever but with a toddler now I think he's more like eh, what's another when we have one but are we sure?

Line is slightly darker today. What I'd expect for 9DPO.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

How's everybody doing? :wavey:
Last month I was let down to get my period. Anyway, I have had a positive OPK three days in a row now. Hoping my temp goes up tomorrow so I can start my TWW. I joined a support group on FB from a BBT charting app. It is nice because the people on there post often and interact a lot.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

I'm rejoining! I just got my first period in 2.5 years. I finally weaned DD off the boob at 18 mos and got my period a month later. I'm approaching TTC with a combination of excitement and dread. I do want another child because I want DD to have a sibling but I really didn't like the whole pregnancy part and the aftermath of trying to get back into shape. For me, there was absolutely nothing magical or special about being pregnant - I felt huge and it was just uncomfortable the entire way through. I gained 45 lbs with DD and it took me a good 6 mos to get it off. People keep telling me that it's even harder with the second one, which is not comforting.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant. We'll see how it goes!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

Hi, SMC! Glad you're back! Hopefully your next pregnancy will be different and more enjoyable. Are you charting or doing anything special to TTC?

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

SMC

Ideal_Rock

daintyG|1476231580|4085937 said:
Hi, SMC! Glad you're back! Hopefully your next pregnancy will be different and more enjoyable. Are you charting or doing anything special to TTC?
I use this app called Glow to track my periods (well, period) and am BD'ing on the days that it suggests. I haven't started tracking my temperature yet. I also bought the Clearblue fertility monitor, but I opened it on like day 6 after my period, and it was too late to start using it for this cycle. So if we don't get pregnant this month, I'll be using that next month to track ovulation.

I tried checking my CM, but I have no idea what to really look for, so that was a bust.

And TBH, there wasn't anything really wrong with my first pregnancy. I was healthy, the baby was healthy, but I just didn't enjoy the feeling of carrying extra weight and then worrying about taking it off. If someone could guarantee that I could have the same outcome with my second pregnancy as I did with my first, then I'd gladly go through it again. I was able to take off all the weight in 6 months, but it was not easy.

I read up on the Shettles method because I have a preference for a boy (I want one of each, but obviously a healthy baby above all), but couldn't use it this cycle because I'm not sure of my exact date of ovulation. Again, something I'll try next cycle.

What are you doing?

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

SMC|1476291812|4086187 said:
daintyG|1476231580|4085937 said:
I use this app called Glow to track my periods (well, period) and am BD'ing on the days that it suggests. I haven't started tracking my temperature yet. I also bought the Clearblue fertility monitor, but I opened it on like day 6 after my period, and it was too late to start using it for this cycle. So if we don't get pregnant this month, I'll be using that next month to track ovulation.

I tried checking my CM, but I have no idea what to really look for, so that was a bust.

And TBH, there wasn't anything really wrong with my first pregnancy. I was healthy, the baby was healthy, but I just didn't enjoy the feeling of carrying extra weight and then worrying about taking it off. If someone could guarantee that I could have the same outcome with my second pregnancy as I did with my first, then I'd gladly go through it again. I was able to take off all the weight in 6 months, but it was not easy.

I read up on the Shettles method because I have a preference for a boy (I want one of each, but obviously a healthy baby above all), but couldn't use it this cycle because I'm not sure of my exact date of ovulation. Again, something I'll try next cycle.

What are you doing?

Cool! I've been charting on Kindara for about a year (before I was TTC). I tried Glow this month and like it alright. I don't like its charting features better than Kindara, but I do like that there's a message board on there to talk with people. I'm also doing OPKs. They sort of cause me to feel anxious if the lines aren't getting dark enough when I think they should.

I had trouble charting CM and CP at first. I have had to do a Google image search to understand the different types of CM (it helps). Even then, it was hard for me to learn. I didn't start getting EWCM until a couple of months of taking Vitex, so I understood different types of CM better after that! Same thing with CP; I had to keep trying to chart it for a couple of months before I got the hang of it. Even now, I feel like my CP charting is iffy.

In addition to Vitex and prenatals, I'm taking mucinex and using preseed during my fertile period to help with my CM. Last cycle, we BD every day of my fertile period and got no BFP. So this month I decided to go every other day. I didn't really have a choice because DH was gone the day I ovulated, but we were able to BD the day before and after.

As I'm a teacher, I tried everything I could to make my BFP happen in September so I'd have a May baby. I put a lot of effort and energy into it this cycle, too. If it doesn't happen for me this month, I'm going to back off of trying so hard.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

daintyG|1476311373|4086372 said:
Cool! I've been charting on Kindara for about a year (before I was TTC). I tried Glow this month and like it alright. I don't like its charting features better than Kindara, but I do like that there's a message board on there to talk with people. I'm also doing OPKs. They sort of cause me to feel anxious if the lines aren't getting dark enough when I think they should.

I had trouble charting CM and CP at first. I have had to do a Google image search to understand the different types of CM (it helps). Even then, it was hard for me to learn. I didn't start getting EWCM until a couple of months of taking Vitex, so I understood different types of CM better after that! Same thing with CP; I had to keep trying to chart it for a couple of months before I got the hang of it. Even now, I feel like my CP charting is iffy.

In addition to Vitex and prenatals, I'm taking mucinex and using preseed during my fertile period to help with my CM. Last cycle, we BD every day of my fertile period and got no BFP. So this month I decided to go every other day. I didn't really have a choice because DH was gone the day I ovulated, but we were able to BD the day before and after.

As I'm a teacher, I tried everything I could to make my BFP happen in September so I'd have a May baby. I put a lot of effort and energy into it this cycle, too. If it doesn't happen for me this month, I'm going to back off of trying so hard.
Wow, that is really involved! I haven't gotten there yet, but if I don't get a BFP this month, I'm going to break out that Clearblue fertility monitor and try that for a cycle. We just bought a house and am moving at the end of next month, so I won't be heartbroken if I'm not pregnant by then. There's so much to do!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

AF is here. I'm on to the third TTC cycle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results