carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

thanks April, I am not RH-.

I just had a good long cry with DH and E walked in on that and very sweetly asked me if I was sad and needed a hug to help me feel better, which made me cry more.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, Bella.

One reason you might want to go to the doctor is to have the pregnancy on record. In case you ever need intervention in the future.

April20

Ideal_Rock

I finally O'd for sure. I was so sick of the limbo. I had what felt like O pains Wednesday night. I hadn't done an OPK that day. I got a positive on Thursday and Friday. I typically have a slow rise, so was putting in some dummy temps to see when FF would say I ovulated. It said Saturday with FAM setting and Friday with Advanced. I really didn't think it was Saturday and Friday seemed realistic (and better timing). I spent an entire day obsessing over my dummy temps. I'm an idiot basically. I woke up Sunday and had a HUGE jump. I was in the mid 96s on Thursday, high 96s on Friday, 97.22 on Saturday and 97.83 on Sunday! When I put in Sunday's temp, I got cross hairs for Thursday. This lines up with the O pains I felt Wednesday night, but not particularly with the OPKs. I've only used them sporadically since Feb and only semi-consistently this cycle, so I have no idea what my "normal" is. At any rate, I do hope O was Thursday because that's the best timing. I guess I'll just wait and see. I'm sure I'll be peeing on stuff by Friday. I got a faint BFP with E at 8DPO so I'm sure I'll be obsessing by then.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Good luck April!

Thanks so much for all the well wishes on this and the JBP thread. The weekend was hard but I am feeling much better. Saw the dr yesterday and got the all clear to ttc this month. Here's to hoping that we all get good news soon!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

So sorry, Bella, just saw this. So hard even when it's really early. Hang in there, and best wishes for your next cycle.

Good much, April!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

HI everyone! :wavey:
My DH and I are gearing up to begin TTC in August. By then we will have been married 6 years. We are 28. I was really hoping to time things so that I have our first baby on summer break (I'm a teacher). The more I read and learn online, the more I realize it's naive to think I could get pregnant that fast (and stay pregnant). I can't help hoping though.
I really want to cover all my bases by the time we start. I've been charting BBT a year and charting CM and CP infrequently. I'm about to go look for OPKs, preseed, and pregnancy tests online. I'm considering starting vitex now for good measure, and thinking about evening primrose oil or other herbal supplements. Am I overdoing it? Help me with your TTC wisdom, please! I don't plan on talking to anyone offline about this.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

daintyG|1466024435|4044459 said:
My DH and I are gearing up to begin TTC in August. By then we will have been married 6 years. We are 28. I was really hoping to time things so that I have our first baby on summer break (I'm a teacher). The more I read and learn online, the more I realize it's naive to think I could get pregnant that fast (and stay pregnant). I can't help hoping though.
I really want to cover all my bases by the time we start. I've been charting BBT a year and charting CM and CP infrequently. I'm about to go look for OPKs, preseed, and pregnancy tests online. I'm considering starting vitex now for good measure, and thinking about evening primrose oil or other herbal supplements. Am I overdoing it? Help me with your TTC wisdom, please! I don't plan on talking to anyone offline about this.

Welcome!

If your cycles are fairly regular and you are ovulating at an appropriate time (say, CD11-35), I don't think you need vitex or any other supplements (other than your prenatal!). Same with preseed- unless you really aren't making much EWCM, no need. I think the best (and easiest) approach is to BD every other day during your fertile time. We had more success EOD than when we did it every day.

You might want to check with your doctor and get some blood work done. For example, you will want to find out if you're still immune to rubella, and get a booster before getting pregnant, if needed.

You're right in that you never know how long it will take to get pregnant. With my first, I got pregnant the first month we tried, had an early miscarriage, and then got pregnant with him the following month. With my second, we tried for several months (I think 6 all together) and had two losses in that time. With this baby, we were actively preventing and I still managed to get pregnant..even at the ripe old age of 35. So you really do never know.

Good luck, and feel free to ask any questions!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1466027762|4044501 said:
daintyG|1466024435|4044459 said:

Welcome!

If your cycles are fairly regular and you are ovulating at an appropriate time (say, CD11-35), I don't think you need vitex or any other supplements (other than your prenatal!). Same with preseed- unless you really aren't making much EWCM, no need. I think the best (and easiest) approach is to BD every other day during your fertile time. We had more success EOD than when we did it every day.

You might want to check with your doctor and get some blood work done. For example, you will want to find out if you're still immune to rubella, and get a booster before getting pregnant, if needed.

You're right in that you never know how long it will take to get pregnant. With my first, I got pregnant the first month we tried, had an early miscarriage, and then got pregnant with him the following month. With my second, we tried for several months (I think 6 all together) and had two losses in that time. With this baby, we were actively preventing and I still managed to get pregnant..even at the ripe old age of 35. So you really do never know.

Good luck, and feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks amc! Yes, I'm thinking we should BD every other day. The thing about my cycles is that they vary greatly in length and in May I didn't ovulate and missed that period altogether. I almost never have EWCM, so that's why I'm thinking about preseed and EPO. Thanks for the warm welcome!

April20

Ideal_Rock

I don't think you're going OOT at all, but hey, I'm an enabler on this stuff. :).

I took Vitex when I was TTc my DD. It seemed to level out my pre-o temps. I don't know if I O'd sooner (I O'd on CD20 that cycle) or not. I stopped taking it after O because I forgot it on a trip. I toyed with taking it again, but I'm still nursing.

I'd say get the Wondfos for OPK and HPT. Just make sure they're not the "fake" ones. I can find a link to the ones I've purchased if you like.

We love to look at faint + HPTs around here, just don't be surprised when we want to see a faint + followed up with a FRER or digi. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

April20|1466030175|4044519 said:
I don't think you're going OOT at all, but hey, I'm an enabler on this stuff. :).

I took Vitex when I was TTc my DD. It seemed to level out my pre-o temps. I don't know if I O'd sooner (I O'd on CD20 that cycle) or not. I stopped taking it after O because I forgot it on a trip. I toyed with taking it again, but I'm still nursing.

I'd say get the Wondfos for OPK and HPT. Just make sure they're not the "fake" ones. I can find a link to the ones I've purchased if you like.

We love to look at faint + HPTs around here, just don't be surprised when we want to see a faint + followed up with a FRER or digi. :)

Yea, please post the link! Thank you! I don't know what Wandfo's are; I'm guessing it's a brand.
Looking at everyone's faint positives sounds fun! Can't wait! :lickout:

April20

Ideal_Rock

It's a brand of "internet cheapie" HPT and OPKs. I got a faint + at 8 DPO and a clear positive at 9 DPO so I'm rather a fan. The new FRERs with the the curved handles are notorious for very real like evaps so I'm steering clear and staying with the cheapies. They're like $20 for 50. You do have to dip them- so basically pee into something to catch it. Let me go find that link. There were some counterfeit ones a while back so you want the right link.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bella, I am so so so very sorry to hear that. Sending you many virtual hugs.

April, nice jump in temps! Fingers crossed! If you want to post a link to your chart, I'd be happy to take a guess when you ovulated.

After a year of trying, 9 month serious tracking with OPKs and BBT, one cycle of unassisted cycle monitoring and a comprehensive workup only to be diagnosed with unexplained infertility......I saw for the very first time TWO lines on THREE tests (Wondfo and FRER). I am only 10DPO, so really hoping it is a sticky bean.

April20

Ideal_Rock

Kama, that is so exciting!!!! Can you post pics of the tests?? I'm also going to go take a screen shot of my chart. I took the OPK info out and it says Thurs. it could be Thurs or Fri. I do not think it was Saturday. Doesn't fit my typical temp pattern. But tell me what you think.

DaintyG: here are the links.

https://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Step-Ovulation-Strips-50-Count/dp/B004IJHDN6/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466039200&sr=8-4&keywords=Wondfo

https://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Pregnancy-Test-Strips-50-count/dp/B004AOMAOG/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466039200&sr=8-5&keywords=Wondfo

April20

Ideal_Rock

Here's the chart.
9724ac360777967974335b29aad2b728.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20|1466039455|4044589 said:
Here's the chart.

Your LP is looking good so far!

Looking at your temps, and given that you had a positive OPK on Fri, I would guess you ovulated on Friday. Do you track CM? I find my CM dries up completely on the day of or shortly after ovulating.

I do have pics, but I want to wait until I take my digital tomorrow morning with FMU. Until then , here is a link to my chart:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/605371

amc80

Ideal_Rock
April20 said:
Here's the chart. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you might have O'd on cd31. You have too many pre-o temps above your cover line with the earlier o date. Just a thought.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1466048034|4044653 said:
April20 said:

I think you might have O'd on cd31. You have too many pre-o temps above your cover line with the earlier o date. Just a thought.

I was thinking that, too. There is a temp shift that day.

Thank you for the links. They're what I've been wanting to find!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

amc80|1466048034|4044653 said:
April20 said:

Cover line is actually based on the last 6 temps before ovulation. So I think Day 30 would be above her cover line. My temps take a while to rise, instead of a sharp jump the very next day after ovulating. So I think there is a good chance April ovulated on Day 30. wish we had portable home U/S that can tell us what the heck is going on inside!

April20

Ideal_Rock

My temps always take a couple days to rise to upper 97s. I didn't note this but at least two of the days right before O were temps without 3 hrs sleep since DD woke me up so they may be slightly off. I guess I will know next week what day it was or was n't.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

As promised! Haven't done a digital yet, saving it for tomorrow as I hear they are less sensitive than the FRERs.

_37568.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock

That is a nice looking line!!! Congrats again!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20|1466114431|4044918 said:
That is a nice looking line!!! Congrats again!

Thank you, cautiously getting excited. My afternoon FRER following this one was very obvious, so I hope this little peanut sticks around.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Yay! Exciting!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Well, it's super faint but it's there. You may or may not be able to see it. 9DPO if we believe I O'd on CD29 (last Friday). We'll see if it sticks.
19a6f31a3b26f28e43e0420f3fdb6286.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20|1466337721|4045626 said:
Well, it's super faint but it's there. You may or may not be able to see it. 9DPO if we believe I O'd on CD29 (last Friday). We'll see if it sticks.

I definitely see a shadow of a line!! Congrats! Do a FRER tomorrow!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have my first blood test tomorrow, excited but nervous.

Here's a pic of my line progression:

_37577.jpg

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

Fingers crossed for both of you!!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

daintyG|1466383045|4045808 said:
Fingers crossed for both of you!!!

Thank you!

April20

Ideal_Rock

The line's getting darker. I'll grab a FRER later today.
aa3b9240a06a83e71bc1410acb429c8a.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very nice, April! I bet you will get a beautiful clear line on a FRER today.

Blood beta today at 15DPO is 206. Fingers crossed they move in the right direction. Next beta on Wednesday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results