color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Hi RT :wavey:

Well, looks like the new thermometer is a lemon. I went through the setup instructions but it doesn't take the temperature. Instead it shows an error. Amazon, as usual, is great so I'm getting a refund. The old one is no longer showing steady temps so I'm thinking last cycle was just an odd one altogether.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sounds like it BabyM! That's so weird, at least you were able to get the refund.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So I didn't want to use OPKs anymore but of course Tuesday I broke down and bought the clear blue advanced digital. I've had EWCM since CD10 and started the monitor on CD12. I had a low on CD12 and a low in the morning CD13. By the afternoon I had high and by evening peak. I've had EWCM everyday for four days and today I've had more than I've ever had before. I really think it's the fertile CM and the royal jelly. I know I'm getting my hopes up but these are the best conditions I've ever had, O should be today or tomorrow, wish me luck!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1427306937|3852320 said:
random_thought|1427302755|3852295 said:
So TTC 6+ months is kind of dead so I figured I'd post over here. We took a break for about 2-3 months and decided we wanted to try again sans fertility interventions (no iuis, no stupid medication that makes me gain 50 lbs, etc.). Just working out to lose some weight and taking some natural herbs that I have read help with endometriosis (raspberry leaf, things like that). CD11 so we'll see I guess *shrugs*

Hi RT! This is my 6th month TTC but I haven't had any testing done yet and don't plan to until summer if nothing happens. This cycle I'm doing vitex, fertile cm, royal jelly, and mucinex. I ovulate and timing has been good but nothing yet. I'm currently CD 13 so we're pretty close!

Yup, looks like we'll be cycle buddies :wavey: I'm somewhere between year 3 and 4 of ttc lol, I've kind of lost track. I had 2 laps, a sono hsg and a regular hsg, been on some horrible medications and all I ended up with was a miscarriage.

With my son Cayden, we ttc for about 4 months or so without realizing I had the endo and got pregnant with no interventions. The only different was we had gotten healthier and were actively losing weight so that's why I'm trying a different route, ya never know! I've been doing zumba, eating healthier and taking maca, raspberry leaf, vitex and one other thing in my blend that I can't think of right now.

Good luck!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

random_thought|1427382420|3852689 said:
So TTC 6+ months is kind of dead so I figured I'd post over here. We took a break for about 2-3 months and decided we wanted to try again sans fertility interventions (no iuis, no stupid medication that makes me gain 50 lbs, etc.). Just working out to lose some weight and taking some natural herbs that I have read help with endometriosis (raspberry leaf, things like that). CD11 so we'll see I guess *shrugs*

Hi RT! This is my 6th month TTC but I haven't had any testing done yet and don't plan to until summer if nothing happens. This cycle I'm doing vitex, fertile cm, royal jelly, and mucinex. I ovulate and timing has been good but nothing yet. I'm currently CD 13 so we're pretty close!

Yup, looks like we'll be cycle buddies :wavey: I'm somewhere between year 3 and 4 of ttc lol, I've kind of lost track. I had 2 laps, a sono hsg and a regular hsg, been on some horrible medications and all I ended up with was a miscarriage.

With my son Cayden, we ttc for about 4 months or so without realizing I had the endo and got pregnant with no interventions. The only different was we had gotten healthier and were actively losing weight so that's why I'm trying a different route, ya never know! I've been doing zumba, eating healthier and taking maca, raspberry leaf, vitex and one other thing in my blend that I can't think of right now.

Good luck!

I read all the threads I know you've been through the ringer. Best of luck to you and yay for no more awful meds! Are you still temping or trying OPKs?

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1427414876|3852977 said:
random_thought|1427382420|3852689 said:

Good luck!

I read all the threads I know you've been through the ringer. Best of luck to you and yay for no more awful meds! Are you still temping or trying OPKs?

Nope, nothing! I'm exercising to get my hormones regulated and taking maca to help with regulating my cycle (it also stimulates your sex drive, ahem, lol) A few days after AF ends we are just EOD for about 10 days.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! In NY it's still cold and spring has been a joke so far. I can't wait for that vacation next Sunday!

So my ovulation didn't happen. I've been on antibiotics for a sinus infection for a week and despite the positive OPK I did not ovulate. I'm pretty upset and now I have to watch myself like a hawk to see when my body will try again. At least I shouldn't have AF on vacation. DH also ended up sick and between all of the BD bc we thought I was going to ovulate and being sick the poor man is done. I hope everyone else is having better luck than me!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How unusual, Asscherhalo_lover. Not that I ever looked into it but wouldn't ever expect antibiotics to prevent ovulation. I don't think I ever missed a cycle or had it change while taking antibiotics. Hopefully you and DH feel better soon and can continue ttc.

AFM, CD10 and waiting for O. Kinda ambivalent about Dec baby.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Hi R_T! :wavey:

Sorry to hear about the roller coaster, AHL. Sometimes I wonder if we're like watched kettles. I swear my cycle has gotten longer every month we've been TTC. It could possibly be blamed on the new vitamins, etc, or....maybe my ovaries just don't like being under a magnifying glass. Stress CAN delay ov, so maybe it's not the antibiotics so much as your body feeling stressed.

AFM, I'm CD12. I've been trying to not think about TTC so much this cycle. I've been lax temping, slow to start BD after AF, etc. I just had to look up my CD because I honestly didn't know it. The last two months I ov'd CD 18 and 20, the weird super short cycle before that it was CD13 (my LP ended up short, too). No EWCM in sight yet, which is good because DH just left town again for work. We're hoping he can come back Wed. If he has to stay longer, then either we get lucky and OV on the late end of things, I get in the car and drive the 4 hours to him, or we skip this month. I'm not keen on the last one, regardless of how not-obsessed I'm managing to feel at the moment.

It helps that I have a huge work deadline on Wed (handing a grant over to the admins at the university so it can get through them and submitted to the NIH by the 8th...). Poor DH didn't see anything of me all weekend other than the back of my head crouched over the computer.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks ladies, I'll assume it was the stress, I was very very sick, a lot of pain and misery. I have no clue when my body will attempt to ovulate again so I'll keep using the OPKs so I at least have some idea. Best luck to you both on impending ovulations!

I hope that eventually I can chill out LadyC, I think a lot has to do with that I haven't had a cycle in over 4 years before this from BC so it still seems weird to me lol.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

AHL, I don't know if "chill" is the right word. More like embracing glum apathy. fits my usual pattern for anything I get really excited about but can't completely control.
Stage 1) Total Obsession/optimism
Stage 2) This is going really well!
Stage 3) Ok, bump in the road, but come ON, you've GOT THIS. Just obsess some more.
Stage 4) Having doubts. This sucks. I don't like this. Obsess negatively.
Stage 5) Whatever, I don't care anymore
Stage 6) Well, fine, I CARE, but this apathy is a great coping mechanism <--- Today
Stage 7) Run out of distractions, get angry
Stage 8) Determination
Reboot to Stage 1.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ladyciel|1427942790|3855638 said:
AHL, I don't know if "chill" is the right word. More like embracing glum apathy. fits my usual pattern for anything I get really excited about but can't completely control.
Stage 1) Total Obsession/optimism
Stage 2) This is going really well!
Stage 3) Ok, bump in the road, but come ON, you've GOT THIS. Just obsess some more.
Stage 4) Having doubts. This sucks. I don't like this. Obsess negatively.
Stage 5) Whatever, I don't care anymore
Stage 6) Well, fine, I CARE, but this apathy is a great coping mechanism <--- Today
Stage 7) Run out of distractions, get angry
Stage 8) Determination
Reboot to Stage 1.

Haha I love this LadyC! Also, for all my worrying, my temps finally went up and I apparently just had a fallback, FF says I ovulated on Cd15 which is my usual day. Go figure. This is with the advanced setting which falls in line with the fertility monitor and my CM pattern but if I switch to strictly FAM I get CD18 with dotted lines. I'm more in line to agree with the advanced on this one so I'm going to leave it.

Question for Jgator who mentioned CoQ10, I figured it can't hurt so I'm just going to take it, along with DH, for now we are taking 200mg a day, does this sound right? I've heard of some people taking as much at 600 and was just wondering what you think. Thanks!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

LC, love your thought process.

AHL, I took 2 300MG COQ10 from Costco per day. I think I got the idea on dosage from the CCRM cocktail. Found this on Google - I'm not suggesting you need all the other stuff, but the COQ10 dosages are listed below. Probably should take it twice a day.

Poor Responder Supplement for Women
DHEA – 25mg x 3/day
Myo Inositol 2gm (twice a day)
Melatonin 3mg (at bedtime)
Co Enzyme Q10 - varies from 200 mg x 2/day or 3/day and 400mg x2/day
Omega-3 fatty acid 1000mg (once daily)
Vitamin C 500mg (once daily in the AM)
Vitamin E 200IU (once daily)
L-arginine 1000mg (twice a day)
Pycnogenol 100mg (once daily)

Male Fertility Supplements
Co Enzyme q10 200mg (3 times a day)
Omega-3 fatty acid 1000mg (once daily)
Vitamin C 500mg (once daily in the AM)
Vitamin E 400IU (once daily)
L-arginine 1000mg (twice a day)
Pycnogenol 100mg (once daily)
Folic acid 400mcg (once daily)
Centrum with minerals (once a day)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Jgator!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1427979604|3855742 said:
Haha I love this LadyC! Also, for all my worrying, my temps finally went up and I apparently just had a fallback, FF says I ovulated on Cd15 which is my usual day. Go figure. This is with the advanced setting which falls in line with the fertility monitor and my CM pattern but if I switch to strictly FAM I get CD18 with dotted lines. I'm more in line to agree with the advanced on this one so I'm going to leave it.

Question for Jgator who mentioned CoQ10, I figured it can't hurt so I'm just going to take it, along with DH, for now we are taking 200mg a day, does this sound right? I've heard of some people taking as much at 600 and was just wondering what you think. Thanks!

Can you share your chart? Some of us love charting :)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ladyciel, too funny.

Jgator, that's a lot of vitamins. What about the poor liver having to process this load?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chart! The high pre O temps are not normal for me. I think this was from being sick. I've had fallback for the last 3 cycles.
Looking at it I know it very well could have been CD 18 but I juts won't know for sure until AF shows up (or doesn't! maybe this will freakin work!)

_28546.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I would say CD18 as well.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dang, oh well at least I can drink on vaca!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Not so fast.... based on your EWCM timing, I think O could also be CD17, which would mean you hit -3. Best timing ever? No. Within the realm of possibility? YEP.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Honestly I don't have my hopes up at all. We were both sick and miserable and it was a bust. I guess I'll know when I get AF since at least my LP is 12 days. I'll just count back from then. I'm leaving Sunday, wishing you all the best over the next week!

April20

Ideal_Rock

I'm thinking CD18 as well......

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Well, AHL should be off on her cruise, having a much better time than the rest of us stuck at home/work. Man does a vacay sound nice...

We were worried DH wouldn't be home from his work trip in time to catch our window...now we're hoping he isn't leaving too soon. Really sick of all this traveling back and forth he's having to do. I'm CD 19, still no temp spike, and he just left for the week. We've been BDing every other day, hitting yesterday. Praying I get a spike tomorrow morning so we'll at least have hit -1. If no spike, then I may be getting in the car tomorrow after work. Ugh. EWCM has been good, other signs good....my cycle just seems to be settingly on late ovs, anywhere from CD 17-20, the last few months.

How are you ladies?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Now that's dedication, ladyciel :wink2:

AFM, CD16 but not sure which day was O. My temp taking times were all over the place during this long weekend and i don't have a clear shift yet. But it wasn't a high effort cycle anyway as I wasn't sure about a Dec baby.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock

Hello :) I took something of a sabbatical from TTC and the TTC thread due to some pretty intense life drama. Boy is it busy here right now! I am about 9DPO, I'll probably test tomorrow but I don't feel particularly pregnant so I'm not holding my breath. If I'm right I might suggest DH gets his swimmers checked...

That means my next O should be at the end of this month.

anyway just thought i would pop and and say hello :wavey:

mousey

Shiny_Rock

Happy holidays AHL. And Ladyciel 'go on ya good thing', as we say in Ireland.

Lots of news here. Hubby's test came back totally normal, which made me v happy. For about 5 minutes. Until I started stressing about short leutal phases (mine is 8 days). Do you know whether its even possible to get preggo with such a short leutal phases? Did a lot of online research, and most seem to say no.... Whopee!

The only other news is that I got a clearbluefertility monitor. It tells me I am ovulating a full 3 days later than I thought. Interesting.

In any case CD18. BDed on O, O-1, O-2 and O-4. Really hopeful, but think maybe with the leutal thing, I shouldnt get my hopes up.

Fingers crossed for the rest of you.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

FX for you, Mousey! Hi Hippi! Baby M, I can understand your feelings about a Dec baby. I grew up with a holiday b-day, which sucked since nobody was available for birthday parties, but was great because I actually got to celebrate it with my grandparents, who I only got to see 1-2 times a year (due to distance).

I know I'm a bit nutty for debating driving up to DH to avoid missing our window this month. But, beyond just my baby clock ticking, and the worry about what-ifs as time drags on, we have some other life/career/insurance things that would/will be easier to figure out if I get preg sooner rather than later. No temp spike today, CD 20. The last two months ov was day 17/18 (couldn't decide which) and day 20. I had a ton of stress last week just as it seemed things were gearing up, so I'm not really surprised ov is again on the late side. I've had EWCM a full week now. If ov is today, that puts us hitting -2 and -4. The earliest I can fairly expect DH home from his trip is late Thurs night. If I drive up today, the worst case is it means we hit O as well as -2, and it would cover us with -2 or better until DH is back. I could also wait and see what happens tomorrow..if no spike, then drive. But, lots of storms in the area later this week = maybe driving sooner is better??
:doh:
So much for coasting on apathy this cycle.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
mousey said:
Happy holidays AHL. And Ladyciel 'go on ya good thing', as we say in Ireland. Lots of news here. Hubby's test came back totally normal, which made me v happy. For about 5 minutes. Until I started stressing about short leutal phases (mine is 8 days). Do you know whether its even possible to get preggo with such a short leutal phases? Did a lot of online research, and most seem to say no.... Whopee! The only other news is that I got a clearbluefertility monitor. It tells me I am ovulating a full 3 days later than I thought. Interesting. In any case CD18. BDed on O, O-1, O-2 and O-4. Really hopeful, but think maybe with the leutal thing, I shouldnt get my hopes up. Fingers crossed for the rest of you.

Eight days is pretty short. Considering implantation can't occur until 6DPO at the earliest, I'm not sure a blastocyst would have enough time to produce HCG to keep progesterone up and AF away. Can you talk to your doctor about progesterone supplementation? It should be an easy fix. I've also read that certain B vitamins can lengthen the LP, but I'm not sure which ones or which dose.

mousey

Shiny_Rock

Thanks AMC. Yup. Thats what I thought. I have bought raspberry leaf tea and vit B6. Let's see if that does the trick. Otherwise, I will be off to my doc.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I figure I'm somewhere around 9dpo *shrugs*. I had some sex here and there *shrugs*. We'll see what happens lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results